American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Yeah was a cracker alright. Some ending! Amari Cooper finally turned at last! Marshawn at some crazy crap. Peters decked Carr with a late hit which led to a melee and Lynch runs in to defend Peters (who is a close friend apparently) but ends up getting ejected for grabbing/pushing on official. Left the stadium shortly after.

Cubs relinquished their title in 5 to the Dodgers. Reasonable defence after early season hangover.

gawa316

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 20, 2017, 08:17:37 AM
Yeah was a cracker alright. Some ending! Amari Cooper finally turned at last! Marshawn at some crazy crap. Peters decked Carr with a late hit which led to a melee and Lynch runs in to defend Peters (who is a close friend apparently) but ends up getting ejected for grabbing/pushing on official. Left the stadium shortly after.

Cubs relinquished their title in 5 to the Dodgers. Reasonable defence after early season hangover.

I heard Lynch got dressed and watch the game in the stands

magpie seanie

Quote from: gawa316 on October 20, 2017, 08:48:56 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on October 20, 2017, 08:17:37 AM

I heard Lynch got dressed and watch the game in the stands

Yeah - I heard he was in the locker room afterwards so the reports given out at the time might have been inaccurate. One game suspension for him though.

DrinkingHarp

Bears with a BIG win at home, thank God for defense!!

Carson Palmer fractured his arm today, Cards have no luck this year.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

gallsman

17 points out of my kicker today. Delighted.

19 from Latavius Murray. On my bench.

stew

Da Bears still suck and have done since 85.

The pack are done.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gallsman

Seahawks are starting to find their gear a little bit. Cracking flea flicker TD.

declan85

Quote from: stew on October 22, 2017, 09:51:24 PM

The pack are done.

Your insight and attention to detail are second to none!!!

lurganblue

The pack are done.

Kaepernick is available  ;)

screenexile

Quote from: lurganblue on October 23, 2017, 09:25:55 AM

The pack are done.

Kaepernick is available  ;)

They should take him! Do they care more about their country or their football team?!

magpie seanie

The pack are done.

1986 - 14-2. Won Division.
1987 - 11-4. Won Division.
1988 - 12-4. Won Division. Lost NFC Championship game.
1990 - 11-5. Won Division.
1991 - 11-5.
2001 - 13-3. Won Division.
2005 - 11-5. Won Division.
2006 - 13-3. Won Division. Won NFC Championship.
2010 - 11-5. Won Division. Lost NFC Championship game.

They have sucked a lot since 1985 but obviously it's total bullshit to say Da Bears still suck and have done since 85

Good chance they finish above the Packers this season now.

AZOffaly

Don't talk to me about sucking.

Great weekend in London getting to see my Cardinals live for the first time since 2000, but what a disappointing result and performance. Abandoned the run, went with 5 wides for 3 down in a row when you were just down 0-6. And then absolutely gave up after Palmer got injured.

Still, got to meet Aeneas Williams who was a real legend back when I was a season holder. Met the Owner. It was all positive apart from the actual game itself!

Oraisteach

AZ, sorry you had to make a long trek for such a dismal performance, but in the realm of football suckitude my Cleveland Browns have cornered the market.

In fact, if you make a return trip to London this week, there's a good chance you'll get the starting QB job!

Gabriel_Hurl

Great baseball game last night - this is gonna go 7

Oraisteach

Go Buckeyes!  #6 Ohio State over #2 Penn State 39-38 after mistake-ridden first half.  Superb comeback by QB JT Barrett, and outstanding D line play.