Author Topic: The Horse racing thread  (Read 671293 times)

Hound

• View Profile
Re: The Horse racing thread
« Reply #9495 on: February 07, 2018, 10:54:39 AM »

it is always worth keeping an eye on the Irish journeymen jockeys like Richie McClernon, Paddy Brennan etc. They are up and down the motorways to Kelso Perth and out in to the West Country tracks often for one ride. I got Paddy Brennan on  20/1 today, Towering and Geraghty on Herewegoherewego at 11/2, 2 singles and a double. Geraghty came second but I collected anyway. Thats was Geraghtys only ride in Market Rasen today so they must have been cobfident.   

Along similar, but different!, lines Gordon Elliott has sent 2 horses to Wolverhampton today.
1725 Fairy Flute about 7/1
1855 Jock Talk about 9/1
I'm doing 10 on each plus 10ew double

Avondhu star

• View Profile
« Reply #9496 on: February 07, 2018, 08:31:26 PM »

it is always worth keeping an eye on the Irish journeymen jockeys like Richie McClernon, Paddy Brennan etc. They are up and down the motorways to Kelso Perth and out in to the West Country tracks often for one ride. I got Paddy Brennan on  20/1 today, Towering and Geraghty on Herewegoherewego at 11/2, 2 singles and a double. Geraghty came second but I collected anyway. Thats was Geraghtys only ride in Market Rasen today so they must have been cobfident.   

Along similar, but different!, lines Gordon Elliott has sent 2 horses to Wolverhampton today.
1855 Jock Talk about 9/1
I did Jock Talk too. So much for that!
Fairy Flute withdrawn?
Elliott often sends a few to Perth Kelso etc. Worth a look but not always a winner.
Tomorrow's another day
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #9497 on: February 07, 2018, 08:43:54 PM »
Noticed Elliot's 2 at Wolverhampton, my immediate thoughts when I see that is - - At least one of them will be a false favourite and it will be layed all day on Betfair by those who know and some nag will romp home that Elliot and the gang will have backed to the hilt. Being the arch Coup spotter that I think I am I backed Three Star General (Trainer - David Pipe) in the 5.25 because Elliot spent a lot of time in Martin Pipe's yard. No joy this time but my logic is flawless - assume they are al crooked from the get go. :) :)

Avondhu star

• View Profile
« Reply #9498 on: February 08, 2018, 08:56:44 AM »
Noticed Elliot's 2 at Wolverhampton, my immediate thoughts when I see that is - - At least one of them will be a false favourite and it will be layed all day on Betfair by those who know and some nag will romp home that Elliot and the gang will have backed to the hilt. Being the arch Coup spotter that I think I am I backed Three Star General (Trainer - David Pipe) in the 5.25 because Elliot spent a lot of time in Martin Pipe's yard. No joy this time but my logic is flawless - assume they are al crooked from the get go. :) :)
Saw the same last week. A strong favourite trained by Only Murphy across the water beaten by a 20 to 1 trained by Only Murphy.
A regular occurrence in Irish Racing of course with the dominance of two individuals
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Esmarelda

• View Profile
« Reply #9499 on: February 08, 2018, 09:29:42 AM »

1855 Jock Talk about 9/1
I did Jock Talk too. So much for that!
Fairy Flute withdrawn?
Elliott often sends a few to Perth Kelso etc. Worth a look but not always a winner.
Tomorrow's another day
I fell for it too.

Hound

• View Profile
« Reply #9500 on: February 08, 2018, 04:53:31 PM »
Saw the same last week. A strong favourite trained by Only Murphy across the water beaten by a 20 to 1 trained by Only Murphy.
A regular occurrence in Irish Racing of course with the dominance of two individuals
Happens nearly every feckin day, but it's about picking the right race! Missed one solid yesterday in the first at Fairyhouse. Elliott's Park Paddocks was favourite or thereabouts and his second string, Commentarious was 14/1. Was tempted, but I got a tip for Rachael Blackmore's ride at 6/1. It came nowhere of course, but Commentarious went off at 9/2 and romped home!
Love seeing Big Gord in his Betfair woolly hat!

never kickt a ball

• hypocRiTEs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9501 on: February 11, 2018, 10:15:51 AM »
Happy Birthday to you.....

Interesting story about Frankel before he arrived at Henry’s

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/frankel-was-given-a-rating-of-7-at-stud-it-was-rare-for-one-to-get-an-eight/2452083/

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #9502 on: February 11, 2018, 01:25:29 PM »
See At the Races has lost the rights to show Irish Racing from 1st Jan 19. Surely not good for the sport.

redzone

• View Profile
« Reply #9503 on: February 11, 2018, 07:50:41 PM »
Happy Birthday to you.....

Interesting story about Frankel before he arrived at Henry’s

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/frankel-was-given-a-rating-of-7-at-stud-it-was-rare-for-one-to-get-an-eight/2452083/

Great read. Pity the story stopped there

Therealdonald

• View Profile
« Reply #9504 on: February 12, 2018, 04:44:07 PM »
Big gamble on in the last at Wolverhampton. 25s into 10s. Fran Berry riding for Adrian Joyce.