Mary Boyle Case

Started by balladmaker, May 15, 2016, 11:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balladmaker

A new documentary is due to air later this month relating to the investigation into missing 6 year old, Mary Boyle, who went missing during a visit to her Grandparents at Cashelard, near Ballyshannon almost 40 years ago.  The trailer for it is fascinating, a lot of people seem certain they know who is responsible ...

https://youtu.be/LtN19gKGY1Y

Asal Mor

Haunting stuff. Would be well worth watching though.

JimStynes

balladmaker

Sounds like it's someone who still lives locally in the area where the girl went missing.  Suspicion is one thing, but in the absence of a confession, evidence after 39 years is a different story. 

DuffleKing

I've heard it said the brother of...

Dire Ear

Avondhu star

I am a great believer in evidence. A lot of posters however believe that "theres no smoke without fire" counts as evidence. As a rsult people end up being wrongly accused
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Shamrock Shore

Can we organise a lynching?  :-\

J70

Quote from: Ulick on May 16, 2016, 02:30:29 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on May 16, 2016, 09:07:56 AM

... ... ... and a long time Fianna Fáil county councilor. The identity of the man is key as it's alleged he used his political position and authority to block the investigation. The name has been in the public domain for a long time and a senior Fianna Fáil official confirmed he is still a member of the Party.

Dry your eyes J70.

At least you've had the decency sense to delete the detail identifying the man's family name.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: J70 on May 16, 2016, 02:53:50 PM

... ... ... and a long time Fianna Fáil county councilor. The identity of the man is key as it's alleged he used his political position and authority to block the investigation. The name has been in the public domain for a long time and a senior Fianna Fáil official confirmed he is still a member of the Party.

Dry your eyes J70.

At least you've had the decency sense to delete the detail identifying the man's family name.
No surprise that Ulick the shinner shrill is the one to throw out the smear, seeing their trolls using her image on profile pics on twitter as though any of them give the slightest genuine s*** about her or her family is sickening.

J70

Quote from: FL/MAYO on May 16, 2016, 02:58:22 PM
His name is mentioned in the comments section of the YouTube clip.

Is an anonymous YouTube clip comment clearance to repeat a possibly libelous comment here?

It's a very serious and defamatory allegation.

Who's liable if the smeared person decides to take action against GAA Board?

muppet

Quote from: J70 on May 16, 2016, 04:00:00 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on May 16, 2016, 02:58:22 PM
His name is mentioned in the comments section of the YouTube clip.

Is an anonymous YouTube clip comment clearance to repeat a possibly libelous comment here?

It's a very serious and defamatory allegation.

Who's liable if the smeared person decides to take action against GAA Board?

I think nowadays if the Gaa Board gives the IP address they go after the poster.

I will have a look to see if I can the article I am thinking of.
MWWSI 2017

J70

Quote from: Owenmoresider on May 16, 2016, 03:19:21 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 16, 2016, 02:53:50 PM

Dry your eyes J70.

No surprise that Ulick the shinner shrill is the one to throw out the smear, seeing their trolls using her image on profile pics on twitter as though any of them give the slightest genuine s*** about her or her family is sickening.

And ironic given we're talking about a disappearance in a border area in the 70s.