Death Notices

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, April 05, 2007, 03:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Sorry I don't gloat about anyone's death.But I do think it's ridiculous that you cannot have and express an opinion on this Board without a torrent of abuse,not that this in any way disturbs me.If some people get upset with my or indeed anyone else's opinion then that says a lot more about them than me

T Fearon

Also didn't Mr Geldoff describe the land we love so dear as a "banana republic" all to get his knighthood?

trileacman

Quote from: T Fearon on May 03, 2014, 09:57:56 PM
Sorry I don't gloat about anyone's death.But I do think it's ridiculous that you cannot have and express an opinion on this Board without a torrent of abuse,not that this in any way disturbs me.If some people get upset with my or indeed anyone else's opinion then that says a lot more about them than me

The abuse, Fearon. If you don't like, don't read it.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

T Fearon

I do, but it amuses me!

DoYerJob Linesman

Quote from: T Fearon on May 03, 2014, 09:59:53 PM
Also didn't Mr Geldoff describe the land we love so dear as a "banana republic" all to get his knighthood?

And if he did, that justifies your previous statement about his parenting skills, and the correlation of those skills with the death of his daughter.  Warped mind you have there.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

T Fearon

Only my opinion pal.

DoYerJob Linesman

Crass. Insensitive.  Attention seeking. Take your pick.
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

5 Sams

Quote from: hardstation on May 03, 2014, 10:39:38 PM
I met him once and he was dead on.

People need to relax a bit. There is a lot worse posted on here - often about ordinary county footballers, never mind some celeb junkie. Nobody on here really gives two hoots about Peaches Geldof tbf.

I'm sure the McGuigan lads would disagree with you.
The Aristocrat Years

5 Sams

Quote from: hardstation on May 03, 2014, 10:51:23 PM
You make it seem that he is the only person on this board to make disparaging remarks about people. Far from it but sure, it suits to pick on Fearon.

I'm sure the McGuigan lads have heard much worse in their day from people we would consider "great Gaels".
If someone called your father a "Fat alco" on the most popular GAA discussion board on the internet what would you think?
The Aristocrat Years

glens abu

Quote from: hardstation on May 03, 2014, 11:30:08 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on May 03, 2014, 11:03:30 PM
Quote from: hardstation on May 03, 2014, 10:51:23 PM
You make it seem that he is the only person on this board to make disparaging remarks about people. Far from it but sure, it suits to pick on Fearon.

I'm sure the McGuigan lads have heard much worse in their day from people we would consider "great Gaels".
If someone called your father a "Fat alco" on the most popular GAA discussion board on the internet what would you think?
As I said, I'm sure they have heard much worse. The other thing is, Frank and his family never try to hide his issue with alcohol so I don't think they'd get too worked up about it. Although, having met Frank a number of times, I'm not sure where the 'fat' comes from .

The great Frank Mcguigan,don't know how said these things about him but should be ashamed of themselves.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: T Fearon on May 03, 2014, 09:59:53 PM
According to Wiki (yeah, I know) Geldof wrote that song after his band was banned from performing in Ireland after he gave an interview on Gay Byrne in which he denounced "nationalism, medieval-minded clerics and corrupt politicians". That was in 1977. I'd say he was pretty much ahead of the rest of us with those remarks.

T Fearon

The remark I made about Frank Mc Guigan was at least ten years ago in the midst of Tyrone Armagh slagging which was at it's height at the time and sometimes reached puerile levels.It is a remark I deeply regret and was totally out of order.That said even that is nothing compared to the abuse I have been subjected to on this board,even today,notably by some hypocrits on this very thread.

While expressing opinions which may not chime with the majority I am very careful these days not to insult or personally abuse anyone on this board,not even my abusers,but still maintain that there should be no censorship here.

T Fearon

Myles you mean that Distasteful nationalism and corrupt politicians are not a feature of the land Sir Robert now resides in?

glens abu

Quote from: T Fearon on May 03, 2014, 11:54:01 PM
The remark I made about Frank Mc Guigan was at least ten years ago in the midst of Tyrone Armagh slagging which was at it's height at the time and sometimes reached puerile levels.It is a remark I deeply regret and was totally out of order.That said even that is nothing compared to the abuse I have been subjected to on this board,even today,notably by some hypocrits on this very thread.

While expressing opinions which may not chime with the majority I am very careful these days not to insult or personally abuse anyone on this board,not even my abusers,but still maintain that there should be no censorship here.

That's fair comment Tony

Tony Baloney

Quote from: T Fearon on May 03, 2014, 11:54:01 PM

Fair enough - not often you see an apology on the boord.