Eurodisney

Started by Minder, January 02, 2009, 10:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Hollywood Terror Hotel - don't miss it.

thejuice

Looks like the missus wants us to go next year. It'll be us and the 2 children (3yrs and 1yr) + 1 elderly mother-in-law.

Any tips or bargains? I'll be honest I've never cared about going to Disneyland so if I can avoid spending loads of money on it I'll be happy (no chance of that). Probably only 2 nights with 3 day passes. Can it be done for under £800?

P&O ferries have offers going this weekend, anyone done it flying?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Capt Pat

The kids are too young imho. Hold off at least a couple of years.

thejuice

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 24, 2018, 07:43:44 PM

I'd be inclined to agree but it's more a thing for the mother in law who unfortunately can't hold off for a couple of years. It wouldn't be my choice of what to do but it's not up to me this time.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thejuice on November 24, 2018, 08:24:25 PM

I'd be inclined to agree but it's more a thing for the mother in law who unfortunately can't hold off for a couple of years. It wouldn't be my choice of what to do but it's not up to me this time.

Well if that's the case don't be a miser! Hit the Disney hotel and enjoy it! It's at the complex and you don't have far to get in, Also you get in earlier and on the rides before everyone else and the food is better than the other excuses for hotels onsite
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Don Johnson

The Disneyland Hotel is a bit dated now. Not worth the extortionate fees they charge. The newly renovated Newport Bay is good and only a ten min walk from the parks.

You also get in at the same time at NPB or any of the Disney hotels, extra magic time starts at 8.30am for all Disney hotels.

Don't think you will get the four of you for sub 800 tbh. It is worth checking round the different countries versions of the website and see which works out better for you. I booked using the French site the last time saved a couple hundred using their offer rather than the UK site offer. You just ring the booking line and say you want the French or Dutch or whatever offer it is, they are grand, you just get your confirmation email in the language of the site though.

Hound

The 3 year old will have a great time, even if they can only go on maybe half the rides. Presume you'll have your own buggy/stroller for the 1 year old, but you can also hire a buggy just inside the entrance, which might be a good idea for the 3 year old as there's a lot of walking.

Which brings me to the elderly mother-in-law. She'd want to have plenty of energy as the park is very well spread out.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hound on November 26, 2018, 11:35:37 AM

The 3 year old will have a great time, even if they can only go on maybe half the rides. Presume you'll have your own buggy/stroller for the 1 year old, but you can also hire a buggy just inside the entrance, which might be a good idea for the 3 year old as there's a lot of walking.

Which brings me to the elderly mother-in-law. She'd want to have plenty of energy as the park is very well spread out.

But a hell of a lot smaller than Florida and everything is close by.. I wouldnt do Florida again. though my kids arent kids anymore  :(
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thejuice

Cheers for the tips. If money was no object I'd have spent it but we're trying to stretch it as far as we can.

Got a decent deal through P&O ferries. Sailing with the car with return and hotel + meals for 2 nights / 3 days all for under £700. Staying at the Santa Fe hotel.

We a double buggy for the kids and a wheelchair for the MIL but she doesn't need it most of the time it's good to have it.

trueblue1234

Quote from: thejuice on November 26, 2018, 07:55:34 PM
Cheers for the tips. If money was no object I'd have spent it but we're trying to stretch it as far as we can.

Got a decent deal through P&O ferries. Sailing with the car with return and hotel + meals for 2 nights / 3 days all for under £700. Staying at the Santa Fe hotel.

We a double buggy for the kids and a wheelchair for the MIL but she doesn't need it most of the time it's good to have it.

Where did you get the deal from?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Don Johnson

Be warned the breakfast included in the meal plans are shite. It's basically a tea or coffee with a pastry in the park and you have to queue up for ages in Cafe Hyperion while other people argue about how shit the breakfast is in front of you. But if you get in early enough to beat the queues you will be grand. You can pay to upgrade the breakfast to your hotel but it is expensive and I don't think Santa Fe offers a hot breakfast, just continental.

There is a shop in the train station at the entrance, you are safer going there in the morning and getting your water and snacks, a 500 ml bottle of water in the parks is just under 4 euros a go, but in the shop at the station you can get a 1.5 litre bottle for about 1.50E. There are fountains round the parks as well you can refill your bottles.

The_geezer

Quote from: Don Johnson on November 27, 2018, 09:31:59 AM

Be warned the breakfast included in the meal plans are shite. It's basically a tea or coffee with a pastry in the park and you have to queue up for ages in Cafe Hyperion while other people argue about how shit the breakfast is in front of you. But if you get in early enough to beat the queues you will be grand. You can pay to upgrade the breakfast to your hotel but it is expensive and I don't think Santa Fe offers a hot breakfast, just continental.

There is a shop in the train station at the entrance, you are safer going there in the morning and getting your water and snacks, a 500 ml bottle of water in the parks is just under 4 euros a go, but in the shop at the station you can get a 1.5 litre bottle for about 1.50E. There are fountains round the parks as well you can refill your bottles.

yeah would also be keen to know where u got the deal through?

nrico2006

Going in February and staying in the Santa Fe.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 27, 2018, 01:40:22 PM
Going in February and staying in the Santa Fe.

If I'm being honest The Santa Fe was crap! But it's a place to kip on site and it's basic, the buses pick you up drop you off and you sleep the minute you hit your room!

Don't spend money on the food either, think we ate once in the good restaurant on site and it was decent, had the princess's breakfast (waste of money, my girls loved it) and ate out of McDonald's the rest!