The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: gawa316 on February 01, 2021, 09:24:22 PM
Southampton sniffing around for Mini!

You'd have to be letting him go on loan. He needs games and he is not going to get game time in the Premiership or CL at Liverpool.

Hound

Southampton confirmed on their website they have Mini on loan for the rest of the season (with Shane Long gone to Bournemouth).

gawa316

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 01, 2021, 11:06:22 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on February 01, 2021, 09:24:22 PM
Southampton sniffing around for Mini!

You'd have to be letting him go on loan. He needs games and he is not going to get game time in the Premiership or CL at Liverpool.

Klopp wants Minamino to get a run of games in the Premier League between now and May. Still sees a future for him at Anfield. St Mary's seen as a good fit given Hasenhüttl's style of football and admiration for the player.

TabClear

Quote from: gawa316 on February 01, 2021, 05:10:44 PM
Quote from: TabClear on February 01, 2021, 02:58:39 PM
Quote from: Hound on February 01, 2021, 12:47:00 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 31, 2021, 06:29:41 PM
Brilliant win and performance. Has been a good week  of results with teams around us dropping points also, right back in it now. Only 1 point off second.
That 2nd goal was just brilliant.
Not sure 1 point off second is too relevant!  We've dropped 7 points more than City, so that's the key metric and it's still a very big gap.  Can't really afford for it to increase.

Great to be scoring goals again, and the second was just sublime!

Like most I don't know anything about Davies.  Says he can play left back too. Good in the air and pacy are the two attributes I'm hoping for!

I didn't hear , but I presume Philips has been added to our CL squad now. At this stage it must be clear to management that he's superior to Rhys Williams.

Trying to sign Kabak from Schalke on a loan deal with an £30m option (or £30m obligation depending on which source) to buy. Apparently Mustafi agreed to go to Germany as replacement. This would be much more of  ready made replacement to step straight in but Arsenal dragging the heels over Mustafi.

Melissa Reddy
@MelissaReddy_
·
5m
#LFC close to sealing Ozan Kabak on a £1m loan (+ £500k in potential extras). Option to buy £18m + add ons, which doesn't need to be activated until June. Player highly recommended to Jürgen Klopp by David Wagner and Christian Heidel.

The fella is only 20 so not sure about being a ready made replacement

Did not realise he was quite as young but he is an established Turkish international (7-8 caps) and pretty much 2 full seasons in the Bundesliga so its not like he is not used to playing against quality opposition every week.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on February 01, 2021, 06:28:20 PM
Michael Edwards has pulled it out of the bag yet again.

Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world and you've signed a lad from Preston and and another who was bound for Newcastle until Liverpool got involved.

It may turn out to be good business long term but its certainly desperation from Liverpool but suppose needs must.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 02, 2021, 08:52:23 AM

Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world and you've signed a lad from Preston and and another who was bound for Newcastle until Liverpool got involved.

It may turn out to be good business long term but its certainly desperation from Liverpool but suppose needs must.

I thought it was decent business tbf, Klopp has had a decent eye for spotting talent and this may turn out to be very good.. Considering the state of injuries this could be the making or breaking of their season.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blewuporstuffed

I think its more a case of pulling it out of the fire on this occasion, its certainly not the way they have done business over the last few years.

On the face of it, they have gotten good value out of the deals , certainly as short term low financial risk options anyway.
The proof will be in the performances though, if these guys can make the step up in level.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2021, 09:31:11 AM

I thought it was decent business tbf, Klopp has had a decent eye for spotting talent and this may turn out to be very good.. Considering the state of injuries this could be the making or breaking of their season.

Only time will tell, there's no doubt Klopp's record in the transfer market is second to none amongst his peers.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Maroon Manc on February 02, 2021, 09:48:49 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 02, 2021, 09:31:11 AM

Only time will tell, there's no doubt Klopp's record in the transfer market is second to none amongst his peers.

My hope is that Klopp has a good record of improving players. I'm hoping that he'll have that effect on one of the two to get them up to a level where they can be a genuine option. Time might be against him for this year but you never know. It's dire straits at the minute at CH.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

brokencrossbar1

Given the fact that Matip was out for the season there was absolutely no way they could risk not getting a new CB. It could have been done earlier but the reality is money and squad size is not infinite. They have to decide on changes to the CL squad so you'll see Matip and Taki dropping out of it which leaves space for other if necessary.

Kabak is a young, strong CB who is raw. Davies had an agreement with Celtic to move and other clubs were pursuing him. The outlay for now is £1.5 m and that will likely be covered by any loan fee with Southampton for Taki so the squad has been strengthened in areas that need strengthened, a fringe player who has had difficulties settling and getting game time but who is clearly talented is going to be getting game time, no major outlays and players gradually coming back from injury. Jota will be back in a few weeks so he's nearly like a new signing all things being equal and having extra defensive cover means that either Fab or Hendo moves back to MF strengthening that area and meaning Thiago can play further forward. Not winning the league but can certainly make it more interesting

laoislad

Pretty sure you are the poster that sneered at Liverpool on here saying they would get nowhere signing players from Lidl whereas Man United were signing players from Harrods.
Since then Liverpool have won a Champions League and a Premier League with players bought from Southampton, a relegated Hull City,a relegated Newcastle United and a Chelsea reject.. At the same time Man United have wasted millions on transfer fees and wages on big name players like Pogba,Sanchez,Falaco,Di Maria and Mkhitaryan to name a few.

I'm pretty sure Klopp,Edwards and co know what they are doing, their track record already proves that.
What difference does it make where the players come? I love they way Liverpool do business.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: laoislad on February 02, 2021, 12:58:27 PM

Pretty sure you are the poster that sneered at Liverpool on here saying they would get nowhere signing players from Lidl whereas Man United were signing players from Harrods.
Since then Liverpool have won a Champions League and a Premier League with players bought from Southampton, a relegated Hull City,a relegated Newcastle United and a Chelsea reject.. At the same time Man United have wasted millions on transfer fees and wages on big name players like Pogba,Sanchez,Falaco,Di Maria and Mkhitaryan to name a few.

I'm pretty sure Klopp,Edwards and co know what they are doing, their track record already proves that.
What difference does it make where the players come? I love they way Liverpool do business.

That certainly wasn't me, I've mentioned on here Klopp has done brilliantly in the transfer market whilst clearly United have been nothing short of diabolical over the same period; They've performed miracles in the transfer market and lead the way in this country for how big clubs should conduct their business.

I was simply suggesting that I wouldn't be congratulating Edwards on bringing in 2 players who can't believe their luck that they've end up at Anfield.

Armamike

Liverpool have found themselves in extraordinary circumstances losing their first choice 3 cbs to long term injuries. I can't think of a situation like it in recent times for the one line of the team - not at Liverpool anyway. To be fair to the board it would have been tough to bring in a bigger name in January. Would other teams competing at the top want to sell a prized asset in January when they'e going  for leagues or the champions league?
That's just, like your opinion man.

GiveItToTheShooters

And what? That bit in bold is irrelevant,  a nothing statement really.

Obviously it is desperation. Our 3 senior CBs are all out for the season.

The point is that we have secured a player that we wanted in the summer, Schalke wanted 35 million euro and we got him for a million quid loan fee with no obligation to buy after the loan, and another low risk low fee back-up option who we can sell for profit when VVD and Gomez are back if it doesnt work out. Great business again from Edwards.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on February 02, 2021, 09:31:22 AM

I think its more a case of pulling it out of the fire on this occasion, its certainly not the way they have done business over the last few years.

On the face of it, they have gotten good value out of the deals , certainly as short term low financial risk options anyway.
The proof will be in the performances though, if these guys can make the step up in level.
Exactly, but signings had to be made after Matip was ruled out for the season as well as there was no other choice. If he didn't get injured again we would've went on ahead without signing anyone. Good value and low risk as you say.