The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Hound on February 01, 2021, 12:47:00 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 31, 2021, 06:29:41 PM
Brilliant win and performance. Has been a good week  of results with teams around us dropping points also, right back in it now. Only 1 point off second.
That 2nd goal was just brilliant.
Not sure 1 point off second is too relevant!  We've dropped 7 points more than City, so that's the key metric and it's still a very big gap.  Can't really afford for it to increase.

Great to be scoring goals again, and the second was just sublime!

Like most I don't know anything about Davies.  Says he can play left back too. Good in the air and pacy are the two attributes I'm hoping for!

I didn't hear , but I presume Philips has been added to our CL squad now. At this stage it must be clear to management that he's superior to Rhys Williams.

Given that just over a week ago, serious concerns were being voiced about even qualifying for the Champions League, closing the gap to second to a point is very relevant, for now.

The United cup game looks, at this stage, like a big turning point. That was the day the movement and quick football returned and Firmino and Salah and TAA regained a bit of form. Yeah, it was a shame to lose it to some defensive errors, but in the grand scheme I was quite happy with the performance in that they actually looked like they could create a few chances.

They have to keep it up now. Brighton is a must-win. After that, if they beat City, they're back in the title race. If not, then push on and get that second spot and try to progress in Europe. The next few weeks are the key to the season, with City, Leipzig, Leicester and Everton all coming up.

Hound

It's certainly not impossible, but there'd be a lot more poor results to come before I'd have any concerns about not finishing in the top 4! At the moment it's, as Shanks would say -"first is first, second is nowhere". If/when City's lead becomes unassailable, then it's about ensuring Top 4 is secured.

Lawro not too enthusiastic about our new Preston recruit...

QuoteBen Davies has done well at Preston and if he'd gone to Celtic, which I'd heard had been agreed, then I was thinking he could do well there, but being honest I didn't really see him as being good enough to be on Liverpool's radar.

He's a real steady Eddie. He's left-footed and quick enough but he's not got phenomenal pace or anything like that.

He's been good in the Championship, very good.

But I've watched him and thought, up against the extra nous and quality you get in the Premier League, on top of extra pace, it will be a test for him. You wouldn't want to just throw him in to face Manchester City next Sunday, put it that way.

This is obviously a great move for him, I just can't see him getting near the first team. Nat Phillips has done well when he's come in and he is probably a better player.

square_ball

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Hound on February 01, 2021, 01:57:45 PM
It's certainly not impossible, but there'd be a lot more poor results to come before I'd have any concerns about not finishing in the top 4! At the moment it's, as Shanks would say -"first is first, second is nowhere". If/when City's lead becomes unassailable, then it's about ensuring Top 4 is secured.

Lawro not too enthusiastic about our new Preston recruit...

QuoteBen Davies has done well at Preston and if he'd gone to Celtic, which I'd heard had been agreed, then I was thinking he could do well there, but being honest I didn't really see him as being good enough to be on Liverpool's radar.

He's a real steady Eddie. He's left-footed and quick enough but he's not got phenomenal pace or anything like that.

He's been good in the Championship, very good.

But I've watched him and thought, up against the extra nous and quality you get in the Premier League, on top of extra pace, it will be a test for him. You wouldn't want to just throw him in to face Manchester City next Sunday, put it that way.

This is obviously a great move for him, I just can't see him getting near the first team. Nat Phillips has done well when he's come in and he is probably a better player.

If you were waiting on Lawro to be enthusiastic about a player........
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

TabClear

Brilliant win and performance. Has been a good week  of results with teams around us dropping points also, right back in it now. Only 1 point off second.
Not sure 1 point off second is too relevant!  We've dropped 7 points more than City, so that's the key metric and it's still a very big gap.  Can't really afford for it to increase.

Like most I don't know anything about Davies.  Says he can play left back too. Good in the air and pacy are the two attributes I'm hoping for!

I didn't hear , but I presume Philips has been added to our CL squad now. At this stage it must be clear to management that he's superior to Rhys Williams.

Trying to sign Kabak from Schalke on a loan deal with an £30m option (or £30m obligation depending on which source) to buy. Apparently Mustafi agreed to go to Germany as replacement. This would be much more of  ready made replacement to step straight in but Arsenal dragging the heels over Mustafi.

gawa316

Quote from: TabClear on February 01, 2021, 02:58:39 PM

Trying to sign Kabak from Schalke on a loan deal with an £30m option (or £30m obligation depending on which source) to buy. Apparently Mustafi agreed to go to Germany as replacement. This would be much more of  ready made replacement to step straight in but Arsenal dragging the heels over Mustafi.

Melissa Reddy
@MelissaReddy_
·
5m
#LFC close to sealing Ozan Kabak on a £1m loan (+ £500k in potential extras). Option to buy £18m + add ons, which doesn't need to be activated until June. Player highly recommended to Jürgen Klopp by David Wagner and Christian Heidel.

The fella is only 20 so not sure about being a ready made replacement

laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on February 01, 2021, 05:10:44 PM

Melissa Reddy
@MelissaReddy_
·
5m
#LFC close to sealing Ozan Kabak on a £1m loan (+ £500k in potential extras). Option to buy £18m + add ons, which doesn't need to be activated until June. Player highly recommended to Jürgen Klopp by David Wagner and Christian Heidel.

Yeah I was hoping we would get someone that could come straight in and play. Not sure either of the potential signings will be able to do that.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on February 01, 2021, 05:15:46 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on February 01, 2021, 05:10:44 PM

Melissa Reddy
@MelissaReddy_
·
5m

Yeah I was hoping we would get someone that could come straight in and play. Not sure either of the potential signings will be able to do that.

I read somewhere about our squad being full of foreign players (the reason Grujic left) but we can bring in u21's so maybe that's the reason for Kabak and not a more establish player

GiveItToTheShooters

Capt Pat

The Ben Davies deal is complete. The Kabak deal is imminent.

gawa316

Gabriel_Hurl

Kabak deal done too - subject to international clearance

gawa316

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on February 01, 2021, 10:22:29 PM
Matip out for the rest of the season.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/424517-jurgen-klopp-confirms-joel-matip-injury-diagnosis

Feck me...well I guess that explains the sudden urgency in the market.

Matip's injury record is getting worse, which doesn't bode well for his career unfortunately