The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Quote from: laoislad on January 29, 2021, 11:48:49 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on January 28, 2021, 11:43:56 PM
Quote from: delgany on January 28, 2021, 11:15:40 PM
Conor Coady should've been bought on 1st January.

Would cost an absolute fortune...recently signed long term deal, been starting for England recently, Wolves know we are desperate etc.
Coady would have been decent but like you say would cost a fortune now and couldn't see Wolves selling their captain mid season anyway.
Any word on what happened Matip last night, there wasn't anything to indicate he was injured at all . I don't remember a challenge or anything that might have injured him. Did he injure himself walking to the dressing room?!!
It's an awful shame he is is injury prone as he a very good defender when he is fit and plays.

He tripped over a sweet paper Jose threw in front of him.
That's just, like your opinion man.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Armamike on January 29, 2021, 12:17:06 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 29, 2021, 11:48:49 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on January 28, 2021, 11:43:56 PM
Quote from: delgany on January 28, 2021, 11:15:40 PM
Conor Coady should've been bought on 1st January.

Would cost an absolute fortune...recently signed long term deal, been starting for England recently, Wolves know we are desperate etc.
Coady would have been decent but like you say would cost a fortune now and couldn't see Wolves selling their captain mid season anyway.
Any word on what happened Matip last night, there wasn't anything to indicate he was injured at all . I don't remember a challenge or anything that might have injured him. Did he injure himself walking to the dressing room?!!
It's an awful shame he is is injury prone as he a very good defender when he is fit and plays.

He tripped over a sweet paper Jose threw in front of him.

It is f**king ridiculous. It won't happen but the club should simply write him off and go balls in for Konate or Upenancamo. It may not make strict financial sense but if paying 20% gets us deeper in Europe and a stronger PL then it's a small price to pay

trileacman

I thought the injuries to our centre half's was the reason we weren't scoring goals??
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

johnnycool

Quote from: trileacman on January 29, 2021, 01:01:40 PM
I thought the injuries to our centre half's was the reason we weren't scoring goals??

Evidently its more to do with TTA not thumping the ball into the first defender when crossing it in.

Armamike

Liverpool won the game because they played at a good tempo from the start and kept it going. Better movement from the front 3 too.  They've probably decided as a group to ditch the safety first cautious approach and concentrate on what they do best.  Playing safe has just resulted in a long list of draws.   

Armamike

Liverpool won the game because they played at a good tempo from the start and kept it going. Spurs were poor at the back but Liverpool put them in a position to make mistakes by getting the ball in quickly.  Better movement from the front 3 too.  They've probably decided as a group to ditch the safety first cautious approach and concentrate on what they do best.  Playing safe has just resulted in a long list of draws and no goals.

Hound

I haven't heard that one before, mostly nonsense in my view. Albeit we are definitely more dangerous from corners when Virge is in there.

Bad defending from the CBS only really cost us in the FA Cup.  (You might be able to argue we could have clung on for a 1-0 here and there with Virgil there, but that'd be clutching at straws). Otherwise it's been our attacking play that has cost us points.  Full backs gone from both being excellent to being just good or even mediocre. Mo and Sadio have been too narrow and Bobby too many poor games. Jota obviously injured
Trent was super yesterday and interplay from the front 3 the best it's been in a long while. We'll see if that's a sign we're back, or not.

Should also be said that since Christmas, it's always seemed like our opponents have been putting in their best defensive performances against us. That certainly wasn't the case for Spurs!

gawa316

Well we have certainly missed having Fab and Hendo in midfield but the main reason is the front 3 haven't been taking their chances and with Jota out they haven't been able to be rotated. I though with Mane's initial misses last night, it looked like it was to continue but luckily enough they came good

Armamike

That's been a big issue. Fabinho in particular missing from midfield most of the season, and Henderson in certain games.  If we had Fabinho in there sitting as a defensive midfielder with Henderson holding it all together, and Thiago further up the pitch things would be different.

Armamike

Jota was due to be back at the end of January. Any word yet on him?

gawa316

Quote from: Armamike on January 29, 2021, 04:08:30 PM
Jota was due to be back at the end of January. Any word yet on him?

Mid Feb I heard...would be a welcomed return for city but may be too soon

gawa316

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 29, 2021, 11:07:50 PM
Serious talk of Mustafi.

Anytime we have played arsenal and he's in the team, it gives me confidence. Always a mistake in him

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

reillycavan

Class from Salah. Antonio missed a big chance. West ham have achieved  safety.  Will drop to mid table now. It between Liverpool and Man City for league now.