Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

RedHand88

Quote from: Last Man on April 20, 2024, 11:30:49 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 20, 2024, 04:56:52 PM
Quote from: Last Man on April 19, 2024, 04:17:29 PMThe NHS was never envisaged to deal with the levels of chronic disease we currently see. T2D, Cardiovascular disease, various cancers all on the up. All the polititions can offer is we need more money for doctors and nurses. How about asking why are we all so sick?

We are all old. With advanced age comes more illness. The population is aging. By 2037 1 in 12 people will be over 65.
Yeah we are all going to die at some stage no dodging that but I do not agree that we have to accept the largely self inflicted chronic diseases so many are inflicted with. None of
this helped by the scientifically baseless health messaging we have been duped with for the last 50 years.

I shouldn't but go on. Humour me.

Last Man

Like this is funny??
Let's go with this one. A mate just turned 60, T2D for 10 years treated with all the standard drug protocols. Carrying too much weight,has nasty foot ulcer for over 12 months, diabetic retinopathy requiring injections into his eyeballs, regularly shits himself and now on insulin like a T1.
He hangs on every word of his dietitian with the healthy whole grains and low saturated fat, 5 a day, healthy cooking oils crap. All the while steadily declining.
Someone who is severely insulin resistant(carbohydrate intolerant) eating loads of carbs. In what universe does that make sense.
Won't listen to a word I say regardless of me showing him evidence of 100s of people just like him resolving their symptoms by drastically reducing the carbs in their diet.
Adamant he's going to listen to the doctors and nurses, they know best after all. And he's married to a nurse!
Sorry couldn't find any humour in this sad tale.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tyrone08

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 19, 2024, 07:51:21 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on April 19, 2024, 06:44:38 PMThe simple solution is to run the nhs as if it were a private hospital i.e run it efficiently.

Increasing funding for GPs to reduce the strain on a&e. Alot of people use the a&e because they cant get a gp appointment.

Bring in a surcharge for using a&e for non emergencies say a £50. A&Es should only be used for acutal emergencies i.e broken bones, life threatening emergencies etc.

Increase healthy eating and health awareness in schools from primary school up. Uk and Ireland eating habits are horrible compared to almost every eu country.

The above would sort most of the issues
People yap about management in the NHS as if doctors and nurses should be managing an annual budget of £180 billion and 1.5 million employees. It has to be managed as a business. 

Agree nhs needs a top management team to run it.

nrico2006

Quote from: Last Man on April 21, 2024, 05:55:52 AMLike this is funny??
Let's go with this one. A mate just turned 60, T2D for 10 years treated with all the standard drug protocols. Carrying too much weight,has nasty foot ulcer for over 12 months, diabetic retinopathy requiring injections into his eyeballs, regularly shits himself and now on insulin like a T1.
He hangs on every word of his dietitian with the healthy whole grains and low saturated fat, 5 a day, healthy cooking oils crap. All the while steadily declining.
Someone who is severely insulin resistant(carbohydrate intolerant) eating loads of carbs. In what universe does that make sense.
Won't listen to a word I say regardless of me showing him evidence of 100s of people just like him resolving their symptoms by drastically reducing the carbs in their diet.
Adamant he's going to listen to the doctors and nurses, they know best after all. And he's married to a nurse!

If he is injecting insulin then he can take as much carbs as he wants, as long as he counts properly.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Lubo Moravcik

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 21, 2024, 09:21:46 PM

If he is injecting insulin then he can take as much carbs as he wants, as long as he counts properly.

The mind boggles with this kind of thinking.

nrico2006

Quote from: Lubo Moravcik on April 21, 2024, 09:43:26 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 21, 2024, 09:21:46 PM

The mind boggles with this kind of thinking.

What kind of thinking?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

thebigfella

Why should he listen to you?

I assuming your advice is based upon "your published" scientific research. The research has been conducted to relevant standards and peer reviewed to the highest degree? Or is this just 100s of anecdotal claims that is used to back up your views and no serious scientific basis behind it? If the answer is as I suspect, then he's absolutely right not to listen to you.

I've no doubt diet and healthier lifestyles can help "reduce" symptoms for certain conditions, even if it's just for mental health or a placebo effect. Lots of the stuff I read is pure pseudoscience and backed up by no real scientific research or clinical trials, which is morally wrong and downright dangerous.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thebigfella on April 22, 2024, 12:22:07 PM

I assuming your advice is based upon "your published" scientific research. The research has been conducted to relevant standards and peer reviewed to the highest degree? Or is this just 100s of anecdotal claims that is used to back up your views and no serious scientific basis behind it? If the answer is as I suspect, then he's absolutely right not to listen to you.

I've no doubt diet and healthier lifestyles can help "reduce" symptoms for certain conditions, even if it's just for mental health or a placebo effect. Lots of the stuff I read is pure pseudoscience and backed up by no real scientific research or clinical trials, which is morally wrong and downright dangerous.
Big Carb has a lot to answer for.

Rawhide

Ah the perfect man big Pharma loves. No doubt you took the 'vaccine' not a question asked?
cccc is a true supporter lol

thebigfella

Quote from: Rawhide on April 22, 2024, 02:09:33 PM

Ah the perfect man big Pharma loves. No doubt you took the 'vaccine' not a question asked?

WTF has the covid vaccine got to do with it. Yes I did take the vaccine and what questions am I suppose to have asked. Is it the same questions I ask when I take any medicine for the first time or is it tinfoil hat questions?

Unless there is "proper science" behind advice, then you might as well be getting a charm from some lad down the pub who claims he has it for diabetes.

Tones

Hope it's not  these charms for someone with diabetes.