BBC Presenter ‘Scandal’

Started by Dougal Maguire, July 11, 2023, 11:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

People very quick to judge. No laws broken no case to answer to the police. The only one he needs answers for is his wife. His families  life ruined by the red top rag.

general_lee

Huw Edwards has a history of depression so maybe it's genuine?

Kidder81

Well I would say he got depressed last week when he knew he was about to be outed

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 12, 2023, 10:34:54 PM
Well I would say he got depressed last week when he knew he was about to be outed
#BeKind

gallsman

Quote from: Capt Pat on July 12, 2023, 06:43:27 PM
Some fall from grace for Huw Edwards. He was held in very high regard by many.

I thought it was going to be the gay presenter from Cork when the scandal first broke.

That is the next question I want answered.
Was it a male or a female he was involved with

Why?

seafoid

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 12, 2023, 10:34:54 PM
Especially if he had been depressed over several years. Depression is not the sort of thing that can be switched on.

Wildweasel74

Sam fox was 16, half topless and little else on her when she was first on pg3, Sun a bunch of w**ks. Leonardo Dicaprio near 50, running round with teenage girls, how come that bollix doesn't get any heat?

imtommygunn

Few tweets appearing out of the woodwork with the sun editor about schoolgirls now. They just pick what they want to get outraged by these ones.

RedHand88

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 13, 2023, 08:34:39 AM
Sam fox was 16, half topless and little else on her when she was first on pg3, Sun a bunch of w**ks. Leonardo Dicaprio near 50, running round with teenage girls, how come that bollix doesn't get any heat?

Because he isn't cheating on a partner to do it.

Joeythelips

This shit going on for days, yet it took the BBC 2 days before it reported on a former Prime Minister not compiling with a court order...the state of the UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66165001

imtommygunn

I think the coverage on this kind of thing is distraction tbh from what you are saying. The media coverage on this and the Schofield case are bonkers. They talk about public interest stories but there's plenty more going on with the tories that is much more public interest than this.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 13, 2023, 10:00:58 AM
I think the coverage on this kind of thing is distraction tbh from what you are saying. The media coverage on this and the Schofield case are bonkers. They talk about public interest stories but there's plenty more going on with the tories that is much more public interest than this.

Only interested in the Tories if one of them is caught shagging an intern, not interested in how their buddies are making millions off the back of their committees in government
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Other than Ricky Gervais....

The point you make is valid though, there's a certain touch of homophobia in all this, It was 17/18yo boys he was soliciting on whatever dating app and with him being married, similar to an extent with Schofield (although I do suspect a bit of groom beforehand with him...)..

There's less made of older men taking up with much younger women where the power dynamic is just the same, but good ole Leonardo, or whoever..

And you've Rod Liddle of all people on Newsnight saying The Sun has behaved impeccably and he himself writing articles about why he couldn't be a school teacher as he'd end up jumping some of the students...

Brendan

Quote from: johnnycool on July 13, 2023, 11:25:54 AM

The point you make is valid though, there's a certain touch of homophobia in all this, It was 17/18yo boys he was soliciting on whatever dating app and with him being married, similar to an extent with Schofield (although I do suspect a bit of groom beforehand with him...)..

There's less made of older men taking up with much younger women where the power dynamic is just the same, but good ole Leonardo, or whoever..

And you've Rod Liddle of all people on Newsnight saying The Sun has behaved impeccably and he himself writing articles about why he couldn't be a school teacher as he'd end up jumping some of the students...

Rod Liddle is that the one who left his wife for a young one?

johnnycool

Quote from: Brendan on July 13, 2023, 11:31:02 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 13, 2023, 11:25:54 AM

Rod Liddle is that the one who left his wife for a young one?

The very same.