Diesel Dippers

Started by offtheground, April 15, 2010, 08:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo

Quote from: amallon on January 12, 2012, 05:57:23 PM
They were supposed to be in Hilltown about an hour ago. 

Someone should write a smartphone app which people can report checkpoint locations.  Other people in the locality would get warnings on their phones that the dippers are about.  How legal would this be?

Why ae you worried abot "legal"?
The schemes you are seemingly suppporing are tax and excise scams that cost us all milions. Why are you not exposing these "die" criminals?
Fierce tame altogether

haranguerer

Does it f**k cost us millions from people using red and green diesel. The money is just redistributed. For one thing, its keeping a shit loada customs men in jobs, all of whom pay tax I'd have thought when they might otherwise be claiming dole. Also, any money saved is in all likelihood spent in the local community, where tax will be paid on it. You dont actually buy all that shite the govt put out about how they're hard done by, do you??! I can jsut see them dropping our taxes when they eradicate this criminality, cant you?  ::)

cicfada

Simple solution I heard on the radio the other day! get rid of the green diesel and then give the farmers rebates ( for the cheap diesel)  depending on receipts etc. Seems like a good solution!

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Leo on January 13, 2012, 01:52:02 AM
Quote from: amallon on January 12, 2012, 05:57:23 PM
They were supposed to be in Hilltown about an hour ago. 

Someone should write a smartphone app which people can report checkpoint locations.  Other people in the locality would get warnings on their phones that the dippers are about.  How legal would this be?

Why ae you worried abot "legal"?
The schemes you are seemingly suppporing are tax and excise scams that cost us all milions. Why are you not exposing these "die" criminals?

I don't know about all this legal discussion but I think someone should report you to the grammar police!!!

haranguerer

Quote from: cicfada on January 13, 2012, 09:06:21 AM
Simple solution I heard on the radio the other day! get rid of the green diesel and then give the farmers rebates ( for the cheap diesel)  depending on receipts etc. Seems like a good solution!

Its been touted for years. There'd be as many 'problems' with it.

muppet

Quote from: haranguerer on January 13, 2012, 08:58:58 AM
Does it f**k cost us millions from people using red and green diesel. The money is just redistributed. For one thing, its keeping a shit loada customs men in jobs, all of whom pay tax I'd have thought when they might otherwise be claiming dole. Also, any money saved is in all likelihood spent in the local community, where tax will be paid on it. You dont actually buy all that shite the govt put out about how they're hard done by, do you??! I can jsut see them dropping our taxes when they eradicate this criminality, cant you?  ::)

This is brilliant.

We should have more smuggling so they can have even more customs which would be good for the economy.
We should all stop paying any tax so they can have more revenue staff which would be good for the economy.
We should all become thieves and burglars so they would need more cops which would be good for the economy.
After a while we would all be sent to jail and yes that would be good for the economy as they would need thousands of new prison officers which would be good for the economy.

At times like this I miss Screaming Lord Sutch.
MWWSI 2017

NAG1

If successive governments were slightly less concerned with lining their own pockets and that of their cohorts and more concerned with helping the genuine hard working families who are being crippled by this stealth tax on fuel.

Have no sympathy for the government on this topic, tax the people to they cant afford to do the honest thing and then for good measure fine them when they cant afford it either.

Good to see that Thatcher lives on!

haranguerer

Quote from: muppet on January 13, 2012, 12:22:08 PM

This is brilliant.

We should have more smuggling so they can have even more customs which would be good for the economy.
We should all stop paying any tax so they can have more revenue staff which would be good for the economy.
We should all become thieves and burglars so they would need more cops which would be good for the economy.
After a while we would all be sent to jail and yes that would be good for the economy as they would need thousands of new prison officers which would be good for the economy.

No, smuggling by definition would be spending money in a different ecomony you muppet.

The revenue lost by green and red diesel is not relatively significant. The point was that statistics about how much a particular activity is costing us are inflated to a ridiculous degree.

As for the rest of it, wtf are you talking about??? If you're going to attempt witty hyperbolic analogies to demonstrate how intelligent you are, you should at least try to think them through...

muppet

Quote from: haranguerer on January 13, 2012, 01:42:57 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 13, 2012, 12:22:08 PM

This is brilliant.

No, smuggling by definition would be spending money in a different ecomony you muppet.

The revenue lost by green and red diesel is not relatively significant. The point was that statistics about how much a particular activity is costing us are inflated to a ridiculous degree.

As for the rest of it, wtf are you talking about??? If you're going to attempt witty hyperbolic analogies to demonstrate how intelligent you are, you should at least try to think them through...

So your criminal activity of choice is ok but the others aren't because: 
a) different economies,
b) revenue,
c) unreliability of some statistics and
d) I am not intelligent?

MWWSI 2017

haranguerer

(D) is the main bit, well, if one associates being able to read and interpret information as a loose guide to intelligence.

Like, wtf are you on about? You have invented and subsequently answered your own point based, it seems, on a skewed reading of my post. Staggering intelligence aright.

My point clearly relates to the effects people using green and red diesel has on us as tax-payers. Next to f**k all I surmise btw, as its clear if I dont keep it clear and succinct you'll get lost again.

muppet

Quote from: haranguerer on January 13, 2012, 06:10:59 PM
(D) is the main bit, well, if one associates being able to read and interpret information as a loose guide to intelligence.

Like, wtf are you on about? You have invented and subsequently answered your own point based, it seems, on a skewed reading of my post. Staggering intelligence aright.

My point clearly relates to the effects people using green and red diesel has on us as tax-payers. Next to f**k all I surmise btw, as its clear if I dont keep it clear and succinct you'll get lost again.

Firstly it is a crime, I know you don't seem to have any problem with those, but people involved with such things usually end up in bother.

Secondly your argument about taxpayers is your own straw-man and not mine. There are many reasons why it affects the community negatively as all crimes do, for example what about the law abiding petrol station, but ultimately the reason I am against such activity is that it is a crime.
MWWSI 2017

haranguerer

Christ - I have managed to over estimate your intelligence again.

Noone asked you if you were against it or not - certainly not me, so what are you answering there? I have no idea what you are on about.

In relation to the local 'petrol' station ( ::)), where do you think red and green diesel come from, the sky? As I said, staggering....

muppet

Quote from: haranguerer on January 13, 2012, 06:36:23 PM
Christ - I have managed to over estimate your intelligence again.

Noone asked you if you were against it or not - certainly not me, so what are you answering there? I have no idea what you are on about.

In relation to the local 'petrol' station ( ::)), where do you think red and green diesel come from, the sky? As I said, staggering....

You clearly are a genius, by your own admission of course.

Tell me this, what is your problem with the expression law abiding Petrol Station?
Also tell me what does 'Green diesel' have to do with the white diesel sold by the above or the red diesel sold by criminals via any method they can contrive?
MWWSI 2017

BennyCake

The only reason we pay taxes, is so that the government can pay back the interest on the money they have borrowed from the private banks. Using red diesel has no affect on the amount of money available for health, education, dole etc.

By the way, I don't consider using red diesel a crime. Failing to pay taxes on diesel to the government is the same as failing to pay back a gangster or a loan shark. Gangsters run the country anyway.

muppet

Quote from: BennyCake on January 13, 2012, 06:50:55 PM
The only reason we pay taxes, is so that the government can pay back the interest on the money they have borrowed from the private banks. Using red diesel has no affect on the amount of money available for health, education, dole etc.

By the way, I don't consider using red diesel a crime. Failing to pay taxes on diesel to the government is the same as failing to pay back a gangster or a loan shark. Gangsters run the country anyway.

You are taking the misbehavior of our Government, of which there is no question, and arguing to replace it with anarchy.
MWWSI 2017