Diesel Dippers

Started by offtheground, April 15, 2010, 08:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Puckoon, well there wasn't many dippers during the troubles, was there?

Puckoon

No, you're right. Bring them back.

Abble

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 14, 2011, 05:40:16 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 14, 2011, 05:25:52 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 14, 2011, 05:05:53 PM
If anyone is on the jungle juice and wishes to take that risk, so be it. But don't complain about the state of the roads or the lack of gritting on some of them these coming few months if you do.

What has red diesel got to do with the state of the roads?
If you are driving on red rather than clear, you are committing tax evasion. While nearly all relevant taxes raised tend to go into a big pot, the general idea is that fuel duty and road tax should go to maintaining relevant infrastructure i.e. the road network. If there is less money to keep this infrastructure going, then there has to be obvious cutbacks e.g. no gritting or clearing snow off roads which don't meet a certain level of traffic, potholes being slower to be filled as less resources are in place etc.

and what about the likes of myself for example, driving around this 20 years on clear, thinking to myself...i must have provided 1000's in some extra tax so that i dont have to drive over potholes, ramps, non-gritted roads and then i look around the roads i'm on and fcuk all is being put back in, as in, I see nothing but holes, ramps on a daily basis....then maybe its time i started the red and keepin my own feckin tax!!?!

BennyCake

Abble

Quote from: Abble on October 14, 2011, 05:52:09 PM
If anyone is on the jungle juice and wishes to take that risk, so be it. But don't complain about the state of the roads or the lack of gritting on some of them these coming few months if you do.

If you are driving on red rather than clear, you are committing tax evasion. While nearly all relevant taxes raised tend to go into a big pot, the general idea is that fuel duty and road tax should go to maintaining relevant infrastructure i.e. the road network. If there is less money to keep this infrastructure going, then there has to be obvious cutbacks e.g. no gritting or clearing snow off roads which don't meet a certain level of traffic, potholes being slower to be filled as less resources are in place etc.

and what about the likes of myself for example, driving around this 20 years on clear, thinking to myself...i must have provided 1000's in some extra tax so that i dont have to drive over potholes, ramps, non-gritted roads and then i look around the roads i'm on and fcuk all is being put back in, as in, I see nothing but holes, ramps on a daily basis....then maybe its time i started the red and keepin my own feckin tax!!?!

ie my motors half wrecked with ramps everywhere you go, i'm all for safe roads dont get me wrong, but some of the ramps are ridiculous...so i look on that as a cost to me but who is posting me back a cheque each year for repairs as i blame ramps for my car failing mot's mainly.

but that topic is for another day, we#re talking diesel here

sammymaguire

Quote from: Abble on October 14, 2011, 05:59:18 PM
Quote from: Abble on October 14, 2011, 05:52:09 PM

ie my motors half wrecked with ramps everywhere you go, i'm all for safe roads dont get me wrong, but some of the ramps are ridiculous...so i look on that as a cost to me but who is posting me back a cheque each year for repairs as i blame ramps for my car failing mot's mainly.

but that topic is for another day, we#re talking diesel here

could you possibly drive over the ramps SLOWLY? You cant reason with this type of argument  ::)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

BennyCake

Just out of interest, what is the procedure if caught using the jungle juice? And whats the fine?

LostInSpace

Quote from: BennyCake on October 18, 2011, 08:16:32 PM
Just out of interest, what is the procedure if caught using the jungle juice? And whats the fine?

500 sheets of a fine on the spot or they take the car, then its x amount per day in the impound, and prob x amount to release it on top of all that!

Fair play to anyone on the red, im considering going back to diesel cars simply to get back on it, 1.35 for petrol, f**k that! 60% tax on it! Should be 54p with no tax! You dont see where your money is going, i'll tell you where its going, paying for apache helicopters in Afghanistan and Iraq and for SAS secret missions in places the Brits have no need to be! Oh dont forget its paying for John Doe to lay about the house all day and get rubbered cos he's got a 'bad back'! This society is away to f**k!

BennyCake

I know John Doe, and he does have a bad back!

LostInSpace

Quote from: BennyCake on October 18, 2011, 09:16:42 PM

Take his dole off him and tell him hes getting no more money so he'l jus have to get on with it, see how long it takes him to go get a job! Oh no thats right, people in this country have gotten that used to getting handouts that if they get cut off they'll just riot like f**k till they get it back!

BennyCake

Quote from: LostInSpace on October 18, 2011, 09:21:10 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 18, 2011, 09:16:42 PM

Take his dole off him and tell him hes getting no more money so he'l jus have to get on with it, see how long it takes him to go get a job! Oh no thats right, people in this country have gotten that used to getting handouts that if they get cut off they'll just riot like f**k till they get it back!

Like the red diesel users, good luck to John Doe. The more you can get from the government the better. The government screws everyone, so fair play to anyone who screws them.

John Doe is probably off than people out working a full week. Who's the fool? Not John Doe!

LostInSpace

Aw aye hes a great role model for his children and any young people around him, the country would grind to a halt if everyone took that attitude! Sure we'll just do like daddy or uncle Johnny and lay on the dole! Wheres the work ethic in this country, you just have to drive through West/East Belfast and wonder to yourself how the f**k are all these people off work? Oh thats right they dont work, they are just spongers off society! I agree that the Government is f**king everyone over, the people aren't stupid, i'm really surprised there hasnt been some sort of revolution yet, but the government has us all screwed that tight that if we were to go and protest for a week we would prob lose our job or losing that weeks wages would mean we couldnt pay the rent/mortage that month! Edwina Currie disgusts me, shows how far removed these elected representatives are from the real world!!

EC Unique

No harm to you but that is a seriously simplistic view.

comethekingdom

Quote from: LostInSpace on October 18, 2011, 09:13:24 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 18, 2011, 08:16:32 PM

500 sheets of a fine on the spot or they take the car, then its x amount per day in the impound, and prob x amount to release it on top of all that!

Fair play to anyone on the red, im considering going back to diesel cars simply to get back on it, 1.35 for petrol, f**k that! 60% tax on it! Should be 54p with no tax! You dont see where your money is going, i'll tell you where its going, paying for apache helicopters in Afghanistan and Iraq and for SAS secret missions in places the Brits have no need to be! Oh dont forget its paying for John Doe to lay about the house all day and get rubbered cos he's got a 'bad back'! This society is away to f**k!
Buy your fuel in another part of the country outside the '6' and that'll solve that problem for ye!

sammymaguire

Any good ways of dodging income tax, Vat, inheritance tax, capital gains tax too when you are at it the Losty?? My hard earned keeps those good folk of East and West Belfast off the streets!!!
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!