The Covid all Ireland hurling championship 2020/21

Started by seafoid, June 26, 2020, 07:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Tom Semples field for Cork and Dublin (3.45), but Nowlan Park for Laois v Clare (1.15).

seafoid

Clare were pulling away .7 ahead then had a player sent off
Laois are flying now
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on November 07, 2020, 02:25:57 PM
Clare were pulling away .7 ahead then had a player sent off
Laois are flying now

Laois very unlucky today!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

This is pure cat from Dublin, and not in the Kilkenny sense

Some of the lads must have been up all night the last few nights watching the election

Playing like it anyway

This is going to be a red victory over blue

marty34

Quote from: sid waddell on November 07, 2020, 05:03:51 PM

Some of the lads must have been up all night the last few nights watching the election

Playing like it anyway

Poor enough from Dublin.  Never looked like closing that 4/5 pts gap at any stage.  Cork just kept them at arms length through the game.

Regards Cork, hard to know. Still not convinced by them, although the performance had to be upped from the Waterford game.

johnnycool

imtommygunn

Interesting draw. Tipp, almost, Cork always a good one.

Davy against Clare too makes it interesting. Tipp favourites and maybe Wexford. I'd expect Tipp to win but Wexford Clare is tough to call. I'd say maybe Wexford to win.

seafoid

Quote from: marty34 on November 07, 2020, 06:41:56 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on November 07, 2020, 05:03:51 PM

Playing like it anyway

Poor enough season for Dublin
Laois made more progress.
Poor enough from Dublin.  Never looked like closing that 4/5 pts gap at any stage.  Cork just kept them at arms length through the game.

Regards Cork, hard to know. Still not convinced by them, although the performance had to be upped from the Waterford game.

seafoid

Quote from: Ash Smoker on November 02, 2020, 12:42:43 PM
Even though the final last year was Tipp vs Kilkenny, I can't help feeling that Limerick were the best team in the country. They'll take some stopping this year.
Last year KK took Limerick out and made it an easy enough final for Tipp

Milltown Row2

If one of Tipp Limerick or Galway take their eyes off the prize then Kilkenny will do a number on these teams should they meet before the final, its whether or not Kilkenny have two games in them ... Cork have the ability to sink a team but I'm not sure if Cork have everyone available or firing on all cylinders..

It's Limericks to lose, Tipp to bounce back and Galway the dark horse
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 09, 2020, 11:05:56 AM
If one of Tipp Limerick or Galway take their eyes off the prize then Kilkenny will do a number on these teams should they meet before the final, its whether or not Kilkenny have two games in them ... Cork have the ability to sink a team but I'm not sure if Cork have everyone available or firing on all cylinders..

It's Limericks to lose, Tipp to bounce back and Galway the dark horse

Cork won't be able to handle the physicality of the likes of Limerick, Galway or even Kilkenny, especially their defence. They might give Tipp a rattle though if it's an open enough game. Would still see the Tipp forwards troubling the scoreboard more though. Cork haven't found that balance yet.

I can see Wexford beating Clare alright as Clare haven't clicked and don't look like doing so, but no matter what both will have a short championship, if not this weekend, then the next.

Waterford need to be able to repeat those performances but it'll be in a quarterfinal they'll have to produce it again probably against Tipp or Wexford. Then we'll know what we're looking at with them.

Currently for me the AI is between Galway and Limerick with dogged Kilkenny next in the mix.

imtommygunn

You'd imagine Limerick would be prepped for KK this year if they came at them like that though like you guys say they have something in them. They are probably just not quite strong enough so everything needs to line up - e.g.a sending off and they are toast as they can not play with that intensity.

If there's anything in Cork it'll come out against Tipp so that one will be interesting to see. They are a county that comes out of nowhere every once in a while.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 09, 2020, 12:30:11 PM
You'd imagine Limerick would be prepped for KK this year if they came at them like that though like you guys say they have something in them. They are probably just not quite strong enough so everything needs to line up - e.g.a sending off and they are toast as they can not play with that intensity.

If there's anything in Cork it'll come out against Tipp so that one will be interesting to see. They are a county that comes out of nowhere every once in a while.

Cork haven't produced a mushroom hurler in quite a while although Mark Landers on a podcast was looking for Niall Cashman thrown in on the back of his club performances and also to put a bit more bite into their defending which is pretty passive and with Sean O'Donoghue missing it seems they'll need someone else to fill that sticky corner back role he's very good at.

sid waddell

Quote from: johnnycool on November 09, 2020, 09:04:42 AM
Tipp v Cork
Wex v Clare
Good draw for Wexford, just what they need to get back on the horse

Clare look like they're going nowhere and I don't think Brian Lohan will last that long there

Can see the winners of these two games taking out the defeated provincial finalists, which I expect will be Waterford and Kilkenny

up the rovers

Quote from: sid waddell on November 09, 2020, 01:42:15 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 09, 2020, 09:04:42 AM
Tipp v Cork
Wex v Clare
Good draw for Wexford, just what they need to get back on the horse

Clare look like they're going nowhere and I don't think Brian Lohan will last that long there

Can see the winners of these two games taking out the defeated provincial finalists, which I expect will be Waterford and Kilkenny

I agree about Wexford. Davy should have the inside track on the Clare players and they haven't looked good since the restart.
Cork v Tipp will be very interesting. Normally I would think Tipp have too much but Cork were very good the last day out, could be an upset here with the All Ireland champs going out.
As for the provincial finals like everyone else I think Limerick look just too strong for Waterford.
As for Leinster, no man ever got rich betting against Kilkenny, Cody will find a way.