Started by screenexile, June 09, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Or throw both teams out altogether.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

The Bearded One

Quote from: keeperlit on June 13, 2018, 02:29:08 PM
Quote from: The Bearded One on June 13, 2018, 02:01:27 PM
At the end of extra time Armagh had a third player sent off (after the row and the equalising score). They commenced extra extra time with 15 players when they should have had 12 and Tyrone 13.

Wrong. They had one player and a sub red carded before game resumed after row (14 vs 13). They then had a player sent of after the game resumed (about 15 seconds later) but before the equaliser (leaving it 13 vs 13).

I stand corrected, I am not sure I could keep up with the players subbed/on the field/red carded. Especially with the number of Armagh players who ran on from the sideline  ;)
It is what it is. Presumably.

keeperlit

Quote from: The Bearded One on June 13, 2018, 02:47:47 PM
Quote from: keeperlit on June 13, 2018, 02:29:08 PM
Quote from: The Bearded One on June 13, 2018, 02:01:27 PM
At the end of extra time Armagh had a third player sent off (after the row and the equalising score). They commenced extra extra time with 15 players when they should have had 12 and Tyrone 13.

Wrong. They had one player and a sub red carded before game resumed after row (14 vs 13). They then had a player sent of after the game resumed (about 15 seconds later) but before the equaliser (leaving it 13 vs 13).

I stand corrected, I am not sure I could keep up with the players subbed/on the field/red carded. Especially with the number of Armagh players who ran on from the sideline  ;)

;D ;D

smelmoth

Quote from: Jinxy on June 13, 2018, 02:33:58 PM

Could yet happen but for reasons unconnected to the grounds for appeal

yellowcard

The Ulster final fixture is no longer listed by Ulster GAA so presumably the final has now been postponed pending this appeal.

LooseCannon

Happened before, in 97 I think. Ourselves and the jackeens. An almighty brawl.

skeog

Damian Harvey certainly knows the rules,he noted the rule for replacements was being wrongly applied.

tonto1888

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 13, 2018, 12:17:24 PM
I've not read this story so far and am only catching up on it now but I have to laugh at this GAA thinking that if you were beaten and you deserved to be beaten even if there was a clear instance of a rule broken.

I can think back to the AI final of 1995 when Charlie Redmond got sent off and didn't go off for a number of minutes.
Can you imagine this year if Kerry are playing Mayo in the AI final and Kieran Donaghy gets a 2nd yellow but the ref doesn't notice and he plays on and sets up a goal and Dublin lose by a point.

Do you think there would be a replay?
If Mayo played badly and were well beaten by 5 points would your attitude be different?

I'd say something would need to be done if there were three teams in the final

tonto1888

How would that punish Tyrone?

longballin

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 13, 2018, 06:02:26 PM

How would that punish Tyrone?

:D  good point - well made

Itchy

Pathetic by Tyrone appealing on a technicality. No class whatsoever.

Armamike

A low move by Tyrone and that says something given some of the stuff during the Harte era. Hopefully sense prevails. Would be interested in how the majority of their supporters feel about this appeal.
That's just, like your opinion man.

armaghniac

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 13, 2018, 06:00:15 PM
I've not read this story so far and am only catching up on it now but I have to laugh at this GAA thinking that if you were beaten and you deserved to be beaten even if there was a clear instance of a rule broken.

I can think back to the AI final of 1995 when Charlie Redmond got sent off and didn't go off for a number of minutes.
Can you imagine this year if Kerry are playing Mayo in the AI final and Kieran Donaghy gets a 2nd yellow but the ref doesn't notice and he plays on and sets up a goal and Dublin lose by a point.

If Mayo played badly and were well beaten by 5 points would your attitude be different?

I'd say something would need to be done if there were three teams in the final

Couldn't Derry and Armagh both play Tyrone? The Donegal and Fermanagh supporters arriving for the senior game would support us.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyHarp

My head hurts after reading this Fuzzman.

On the topic of the objection, I'm a Tyrone fan and am sick of the county board's attitude of raising objections. We've done it numerous times over the years for red cards and I wish we'd just get take the result on the chin and move on. That said, and it may not necessarily be relevant to this case, but I do think it's high time that the GAA thought about hiring a few legal buffs to rewrite the whole rule book to close the legal loopholes and clarify any of the grey areas. I assume it wasn't designed to withstand being picked apart by legal teams looking for technicalities.
That was never a square ball!!

Jayop

Quote from: Jinxy on June 13, 2018, 10:38:51 AM
Every high-profile controversial incident in the GAA since 1995, has either directly or indirectly involved Tyrone.

::)