Electricity charges (in the north)

Started by J OGorman, January 04, 2014, 09:46:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

Anyone else get hit big time? I know the rates were to go up, but our latest monthly bill went up 100% ! (factor in spending most of the final week at home with christmas holidays etc, but sweet josepher...ITS AN OUTRAGE I SAY, A BLASTED OUTRAGE)

:-(

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Minder

Changed from Power NI to Airtricity the other day and notice a big difference.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on January 04, 2014, 10:46:04 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 04, 2014, 10:44:36 PM
Changed from Power NI to Airtricity the other day and notice a big difference.
WTF? You pay by the day?

No but the keypad meter can tell you what you have used/spent on a daily basis !

Minder

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on January 04, 2014, 10:55:50 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 04, 2014, 10:54:07 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 04, 2014, 10:52:39 PM
When did you take your tree down?

27th I think.
Ach, sure there you are.

On Tuesday (tree long down), the usage was £4.90 with Power NI, first day with Airtricity was £3.10

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on January 04, 2014, 11:03:20 PM
Jaysus.

Not gonna be able to retire with the savings but it would fairly add up over a month.

TabClear

Could get worse in a few months as well. NIE are at the Competition Commission at the minnute trying to get authority to raise their prices  as well. If they win hat case that will incresae everyone's charges, no matter who you actually pay your bill to.

J OGorman

Thanks men. Will give Airtricity a bell tomorrow to see the craic

bennydorano

I'm with Airtricity & they are dear hoors too. I noticed a huge jump in December myself (winter usage factored in). Someone in work was singing the praises of Budgetni, might have to give them a go.

trileacman

For all you lads who are regulars to the diesel dippers thread there is another simple way to reduce your bills.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

lawnseed

Quote from: trileacman on January 05, 2014, 08:16:41 PM
For all you lads who are regulars to the diesel dippers thread there is another simple way to reduce your bills.
Tell us more
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

nrico2006

Been with Airtricity a few years, they were 14% cheaper the first year and 8% the second.  Only recently got the keypad installed and for some reason it seems cheaper.  Maybe its just a mentality thing and I've become more aware of turning everything off as soon as its not required. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

LeoMc

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 06, 2014, 10:04:18 AM
Been with Airtricity a few years, they were 14% cheaper the first year and 8% the second.  Only recently got the keypad installed and for some reason it seems cheaper.  Maybe its just a mentality thing and I've become more aware of turning everything off as soon as its not required.

I went with Budget as they were the cheapest at the time and they did not tie you in for a contract period. I had always assumed DD was the most cost effective way but looking at Red Cards link to the consumer council the key pads seem to be the lower cost with the all the providers.

Must be because they are getting paid up front!