Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

if anything its proved that after a year or so learning we have lifted ourselves now to this level and over it. As you say MR2 its the lifting again for next season and trying to stay in Div 1b. If we can do that and keep improving each year we will be able to build into a stronger county team.

We have seen some tough results dealt at JMcD cup matches like Kerry at home in Cdall, Westmeath in Dunloy and other matches v Laois where we have been well schooled by those teams. But, to the players and managements credit they have took those results and learned from them and improved.

I felt getting someone like Johnny Campbell in there as part of the set up was a real good move. he's a good coach and was a top defender so he's adding more quality to the set up.

hurl like f**k boi!

NAG1

Quote from: Dunloy realist on November 02, 2020, 10:04:08 AM
if anything its proved that after a year or so learning we have lifted ourselves now to this level and over it. As you say MR2 its the lifting again for next season and trying to stay in Div 1b. If we can do that and keep improving each year we will be able to build into a stronger county team.

We have seen some tough results dealt at JMcD cup matches like Kerry at home in Cdall, Westmeath in Dunloy and other matches v Laois where we have been well schooled by those teams. But, to the players and managements credit they have took those results and learned from them and improved.

I felt getting someone like Johnny Campbell in there as part of the set up was a real good move. he's a good coach and was a top defender so he's adding more quality to the set up.

Not doubting this but it was the defending which came under the biggest pressure yesterday in that period of the game where we folded. We have serious serious forwards, but the defence is the bit that would worry me.

Na Glinntí Glasa

I don't like to criticise the team when we are doing well but the full back line was really stretched at times there in the second half. They werent alone as the half back line was the same as well.

Again its more experience under the belt and they will continue to work on these things.

Kerry will come to us wanting to get a big result so we need to be very careful with this game.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

We were stretched in there as balls from midfield and half back line were coming into the ff line, any inter county forward that's played Div1 will want a ball out wide then turn his man.

They tagged on the points and we missed a few opportunities to keep the scoreboard ticking over
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Carlovia

Thought I'd drop in to your forum to congratulate Antrim on a
great game Saturday.

Antrim were very strong in the first half and barring wides you
could have been out of sight.

We were very good in the second half and thought we had it
after our second goal but fair play to your lads for the finish.

Draw was a fair result and maybe we will meet again next month if
we can both get over Kerry which is no easy matter.

Great to see Antrim playing so well again and hope that both
teams can get up to the top table in the future.

Milltown Row2

Laois have taken it to a new level today with that match v Clare...

That's going to be the level we need to take it to, but it's not been an overnight thing for Laois, they've been on the up for a while now.

Very unlucky against Clare could have at the very least pushed that to a draw!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2020, 07:22:23 PM
Laois have taken it to a new level today with that match v Clare...

That's going to be the level we need to take it to, but it's not been an overnight thing for Laois, they've been on the up for a while now.

Very unlucky against Clare could have at the very least pushed that to a draw!

Correct.  Imagine if everybody fully committed to Brennan's team. They battled well and could have got it to extra-time.

Probably gave away too many silly frees in first half.

Tony Kelly is some operator!

imtommygunn

I see Carlow only beat Meath by a point yesterday. We still need to be really on our toes for them and Kerry.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 08, 2020, 05:53:14 PM
I see Carlow only beat Meath by a point yesterday. We still need to be really on our toes for them and Kerry.

Yeah was going to mention it earlier Meath stayed in touch for most of the game and could have won it. Win next game and that's that

Milltown Row2

What an impressive start by Antrim...

Our ability to find the extra man for a goal...

We've managed to improve with each game.

12 points up against a strong breeze

Na Glinntí Glasa

Fantastic stuff again today so far. Really showing some good hurling. keep it going!
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Yes. Probably got closer than we'd have liked however some very good play there. McCann had a blinder and really liked what I saw from Molloy too. Very mature performance.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 14, 2020, 03:10:53 PM
Yes. Probably got closer than we'd have liked however some very good play there. McCann had a blinder and really liked what I saw from Molloy too. Very mature performance.

Closer yes but I was standing in corrigan watching us get brushed aside by this Kerry team a couple of years ago. Made great strides so far. Conway for Kerry is a cracker

imtommygunn

Player of the fitzgibbon two years running. Some big units on that Kerry team.

up the rovers

Well done to Antrim today. That would be Antrim in the final wouldn't it? In fairness to Gleeson I wouldn't have been a fan of the appointment due to off field issues but he has done an excellent job. Are Antrim unbeaten all year?