Meath vs Dublin - Leinster final - the day before the fair.

Started by thejuice, June 09, 2019, 11:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: thejuice on June 23, 2019, 10:13:00 PM
Hopefully not. We're not the first team to take a hammering from Dublin. No one should be surprised by today and it's not like there wasn't any promising individual performances. Our defensive play was good in places. We can still get back into the mix in the championship if we choose to keep our heads up. We can beat any other team in the draw if we play to the best of our abilities. There's no one else in the draw even close to Dublin's level.

That's true but based on today, if we get through round 3, Meath would be the team I would fancy

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 09:27:42 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 09:24:58 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 08:29:41 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 08:24:39 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 08:19:39 PM
Angela, you're a right moron aren't ye. Compromise me? How would that be?

You haven't addressed the following questions individually.

Was it simulation?

Did he try to get his opponent sent off by means of deception?

Do you believe Mannion did nothing wrong?

Are some acts of simulation more acceptable than other acts of simulation?

And you haven't answered the questions regarding the Meath man throwing himself to the ground and if you only highlight incidents which involved Dublin players. Some balance there

Was that the Meath no 10 in the first half? It happened on the Dublin 45 yard line and the only replay available was from the Hill end. Impossible to make it out from the camera angle but cheating is cheating.

Now, can you finally address the questions posed or are you afraid the answers might compromise you?

Dunno what his number was. And I've already answered your questions. Mannion was wrong. Cheating is wrong and I hate it when my own players do it. What McCann done was a lot worse than Mannion today.  But I'm gonna play your game. How exactly would I be compromised

Can we just have it noted for the record that you have refused to answer the questions at numerous requests?

Mannion did the same thing as McCann did with Darren Hughes. He took a dive and feigned being struck to the face in order to try and get an opponent sent off.

Are you saying some forms of simulation are more acceptable than others?

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 11:03:37 PM

Was it simulation?

And you haven't answered the questions regarding the Meath man throwing himself to the ground and if you only highlight incidents which involved Dublin players. Some balance there

Was that the Meath no 10 in the first half? It happened on the Dublin 45 yard line and the only replay available was from the Hill end. Impossible to make it out from the camera angle but cheating is cheating.

Now, can you finally address the questions posed or are you afraid the answers might compromise you?

Dunno what his number was. And I've already answered your questions. Mannion was wrong. Cheating is wrong and I hate it when my own players do it. What McCann done was a lot worse than Mannion today.  But I'm gonna play your game. How exactly would I be compromised

Can we just have it noted for the record that you have refused to answer the questions at numerous requests?

Mannion did the same thing as McCann did with Darren Hughes. He took a dive and feigned being struck to the face in order to try and get an opponent sent off.

You really are an idiot. Can we have that for the record? Speaking of refusing, why are you refusing to see that mannion didn't dive and why are you refusing to say how I would be compromised

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 11:24:10 PM

Was it simulation?

You really are an idiot. Can we have that for the record? Speaking of refusing, why are you refusing to see that mannion didn't dive and why are you refusing to say how I would be compromised

Why would I see something that clearly isn't there? Mannion clearly dives, he tries to deceive the referee and have his man red carded but apparently some acts of simulation are more acceptable as others.. You have refused to answer a few straightforward questions and it obviously is motivated by the likelihood of exposing your contradictions.

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on June 24, 2019, 06:49:03 AM

Was it simulation?

Why would I see something that clearly isn't there? Mannion clearly dives, he tries to deceive the referee and have his man red carded but apparently some acts of simulation are more acceptable as others.. You have refused to answer a few straightforward questions and it obviously is motivated by the likelihood of exposing your contradictions.

Except I answered which you are yet to do. And mannion didn't dove. He was grabbed by the collar and thrown to the ground.

It must really be awful to have to keep looking to others to defend your own.

Now, how about answering how I would be compromised

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 24, 2019, 07:23:38 AM

Was it simulation?

Except I answered which you are yet to do. And mannion didn't dove. He was grabbed by the collar and thrown to the ground.

Post up where you answered those questions there. I think you're telling a few porkies, now why would one be motivated to tell a few porkies?

You would be compromised by having to answer why some forms of simulation are more acceptable than others, obviously.

Hound

Quote from: thejuice on June 23, 2019, 09:39:43 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 09:25:51 PM
Quote from: thejuice on June 23, 2019, 09:22:40 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on June 23, 2019, 08:47:05 PM
Quote from: thejuice on June 23, 2019, 08:19:24 PM
Quote from: thejuice on June 23, 2019, 07:58:56 PM
So you say there's a lot we're not doing but here's the reality you don't actually know.

Meath have had strength and conditioning coaches since Banty took over. We must be using the wrong ones so.

Dublin's fitness I agree is above ours but honestly it's above everyone else's. Perhaps you can fill us in on the training regime of the Dublin squad so we all know what to aspire to. Dare I suggest you don't actually know that either.

As I already said we started late on improving things in the late 90's but to suggest that this Dublin team are just a slight cut above the rest because we're not putting in the effort is just wrong. I'm not blaming Dublin. You're making the most of your resources and we are trying to get the most of ours but I honestly don't think it will be enough if Dublin stay at the level they're at.

And another thing Sid. In terms of coaching, we have a manager who won a club All Ireland with Ballyboden so he knows a thing or two about the standard in Dublin and what level we need to be at. We have Colm Nally who is regarded as one of the best in the backroom and he has improved us loads. High quality coaches like that don't grow on trees. We're lucky to have them. There's no one else of that calibre in Meath.
Club management is a different ball game to inter county

Some have the ability to make the step up, some don't

Obviously, that doesn't back up anything you've said. Management skills have to come from somewhere. Knowing what it takes to be a fitter stronger and faster than the Dublin team has to come from someone with experience of it. Again, I don't see how we're going to close that gap. There isn't a better coaching or management option in Meath right now than what we have. We're fitter than we've ever been yet somehow we're still 16 points worse than plucky little Dublin.

Shame you didn't have your shooting boots with you today. First half and start of second half especially. Result wouldn't have changed but score line would have been a lot kinder

Yes. Shooting was very poor but it was a new experience for some of these lads to be playing against that level of defense unlike Carlow, Laois or Louth or even Donegal for that matter. I can understand how Andy showed faith in James Conlon but he looks too fresh for this level still. He's got great potential but needs a bit more experience and build up a bit.

Conlon won the first two balls that were kicked into him. Both low balls that he got ahead of the marker for. After that the standard of ball that went into him was very poor.  And he was so isolated.

Meath had some really strong performers in the first half, but obviously shooting was poor and shot selection was really poor.  I really don't know what position Mickey Newman was supposed to be playing in the first half, but he just wasn't in it. For the marquee forward I thought he was disappointing. Even the great point he got in the second half, after a lovely run, was a pisspoor attempt at a goal. About 8 points in it at the time, 1 on 1 with the keeper, a goal was the only option. 

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on June 24, 2019, 07:47:32 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 24, 2019, 07:23:38 AM

Was it simulation?

Post up where you answered those questions there. I think you're telling a few porkies, now why would one be motivated to tell a few porkies?

You would be compromised by having to answer why some forms of simulation are more acceptable than others, obviously.

Go look for yourself. You're a moron mate and again it must be awful having to keep covering up your own teams poor acts by constantly looking at others.

The Hill is Blue

Well done the Dubs yesterday. Another clinical performance. We're running out of superlatives to describe the feats of this incredible group of players. It's a pity about the begrudgers.

The attendance was good when compared to the other provincial finals and taking into account the terrible weather and the fact that ninety percent of the crowd were Dublin supporters.

Meath were hard done by on the scoreboard. They had some terrible wides which must have eaten away at their confidence. Hopefully they will progress in the rest of the championship because up to this they've had a good year and it shouldn't end like this.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on June 24, 2019, 08:30:53 AM
Well done the Dubs yesterday. Another clinical performance. We're running out of superlatives to describe the feats of this incredible group of players. It's a pity about the begrudgers.

The attendance was good when compared to the other provincial finals and taking into account the terrible weather and the fact that ninety percent of the crowd were Dublin supporters.

Meath were hard done by on the scoreboard. They had some terrible wides which must have eaten away at their confidence. Hopefully they will progress in the rest of the championship because up to this they've had a good year and it shouldn't end like this.

Well done Dublin. Once again we see how good volunteer coaching can make all the difference. Take note Mayo, Tyrone, Kildare and Meath. Yesterday was all about the volunteer coach and what can be achieved if you work harder. It is now up to the chasing bunch to up their game. Well done again Dublin. 10 in a row beckons.

Shameful that more Meath people had better things to do than paying €40 to go see this mighty Dublin team. Shame!

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

sid waddell

No Ulster or Connacht team beat a Leinster or Munster team in the championship from 1973 to 1991.

Winning margins in championship matches between Leinster/Munster teams and Ulster/Connacht teams in that period were, 5, 17, 5, 16, 3, 12, 12, 11, 22, 1, 3, 16, 6, 10, 1, 2, 12, 9, 6 (replay), 8 (replay), 8, 7, 11 (replay), 11, 5, 3, 7, 8.

Out of 31 matches, about 7 or 8 were genuinely competitive.

But sure things were better in the old days, or something.

What on earth did people do without a tiered championship in those days?

J70

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on June 24, 2019, 08:30:53 AM

Ulster final was a sell out over a week ago.

Clones capacity is reduced this year.

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on June 24, 2019, 10:17:47 AM
No Ulster or Connacht team beat a Leinster or Munster team in the championship from 1973 to 1991.

Winning margins in championship matches between Leinster/Munster teams and Ulster/Connacht teams in that period were, 5, 17, 5, 16, 3, 12, 12, 11, 22, 1, 3, 16, 6, 10, 1, 2, 12, 9, 6 (replay), 8 (replay), 8, 7, 11 (replay), 11, 5, 3, 7, 8.

Out of 31 matches, about 7 or 8 were genuinely competitive.

But sure things were better in the old days, or something.

What on earth did people do without a tiered championship in those days?

Leinster used to be competitive even if Ulster and Connacht couldn't beat the winners
And there was no official funding in the mix
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU