Meath vs Dublin - Leinster final - the day before the fair.

Started by thejuice, June 09, 2019, 11:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 08:02:02 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 07:53:43 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 07:51:11 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 06:46:43 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 06:32:10 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 06:23:00 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 05:51:37 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 05:47:00 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 05:38:55 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 23, 2019, 05:24:11 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 05:19:16 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 23, 2019, 05:10:30 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 04:33:10 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on June 23, 2019, 04:27:44 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 04:21:48 PM
Fairly embarrassing from Mannion there. No doubt it will be sweeped under the carpet like similar incidents with Cooper and McMahon were in the past. If a player from another county was guilty of what Mannion did there......
Tiernan mccann done it and was on public trial. Doubt the same standard will applied to the dubs

Seriously? You're comparing those two incidents

They are directly comparable. In both cases the player wasn't hit in the face and both cases they fell to the floor like diving dirt bags

McCann has his hair ruffled and threw himself to the ground like he was shot. Mannion was actually shoved to the ground and yeah he held his face, but it was nothing like the McCann incident

So going down holding the face dispite there being no actual contact to the face is not comparable? Your embarrassing yourself now. Put your hands up, admit he dived and move on

You're the one embarrassing yourself fella. Now why don't you put your hands up, admit the two incidents are incomparable, and head to your bed

Are some dives more acceptable than other dives?

Mannion didn't dive did he? He was actually push to the ground. He grabbed his face when he wasn't hit on the face but he didn't dive
#

He dived, he went down holding his face when his face wasn't even touched. He tried to get his opponent sent off by making it look like they did something worse than they did. Those are all the parallels of the McCann incident, the motive, the deception, the action - it's cheating but the hypocrisy and double standards around it seem to be dictated by the team the player plays for.

Now, I'll ask again - are some dives more acceptable than other dives?

And I will answer again, he didn't dive. The Meath lad grabbed him by the collar of his shirt push him back and shoved him to the ground. That's not a dive is it?

He didn't dive?

I'll disagree with that and I don't believe youwhen you say he didn't dive so I'll put it this way to you:

Was it simulation? Did he try to get his opponent sent off by means of deception? Do you believe Mannion did nothing wrong?

Are some acts of simulation more acceptable than other acts of simulations?

I've already condemned him earlier in the thread. What he done was wrong. However, he didn't dive, he was actually pushed to the ground unlike McCann.
There was a Meath man threw himself to the ground after a wee push in his chest. Are you going to bring him up or does the players you highlight depend on whether they wear a Dublin jersey or not? I'm not a Dub by the way in case you are wondering. I don't like diving and I don't like holding your face when you do actually get a shove

You didn't answer the questions posed to you. Can you please address them individually?

Also, it was a dive.

You're some boy. What exactly is a dove to you because being grabbed by the collar, forcibly moved back a few yards before being thrown to the ground certainly isn't

You haven't addressed the questions posed again.

Do you thinking answering them might compromise you?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

kerryforsam19

Quote from: joemamas on June 23, 2019, 04:55:38 PM
Quote from: highorlow on June 23, 2019, 04:39:11 PM
Should've been black card for small there

Agreed, it was a trip away from the ball, as the Meath man was trying to get free.
Then again, the referee and linesmen are auditioning for a Dublin All-Ireland.

Them match officials wont be near all Ireland final.  Bit rich mayo complained when their players get away with everything.

J70

How many threads are derailing into "your team are bigger cheats than mine" bullshit?

Angelo

Quote from: J70 on June 23, 2019, 08:13:01 PM
How many threads are derailing into "your team are bigger cheats than mine" bullshit?

It's a bit odd how so some incidents are hushed.

I think it's worthwhile investigating the motives for a wall of silence if just for the sake of balance.

thejuice

Quote from: thejuice on June 23, 2019, 07:58:56 PM
So you say there's a lot we're not doing but here's the reality you don't actually know.

Meath have had strength and conditioning coaches since Banty took over. We must be using the wrong ones so.

Dublin's fitness I agree is above ours but honestly it's above everyone else's. Perhaps you can fill us in on the training regime of the Dublin squad so we all know what to aspire to. Dare I suggest you don't actually know that either.

As I already said we started late on improving things in the late 90's but to suggest that this Dublin team are just a slight cut above the rest because we're not putting in the effort is just wrong. I'm not blaming Dublin. You're making the most of your resources and we are trying to get the most of ours but I honestly don't think it will be enough if Dublin stay at the level they're at.

And another thing Sid. In terms of coaching, we have a manager who won a club All Ireland with Ballyboden so he knows a thing or two about the standard in Dublin and what level we need to be at. We have Colm Nally who is regarded as one of the best in the backroom and he has improved us loads. High quality coaches like that don't grow on trees. We're lucky to have them. There's no one else of that calibre in Meath.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

tonto1888

Angela, you're a right moron aren't ye. Compromise me? How would that be?

J70

Angelo

Quote from: J70 on June 23, 2019, 08:21:01 PM
There is no wall of silence.

There seems to be.

The outrage seems to be quite muted on this. It's like pulling teeth while in other circumstances, you need barriers to form a queue.

Sweep, sweep.

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 23, 2019, 08:19:39 PM

You haven't addressed the following questions individually.

Was it simulation?

Did he try to get his opponent sent off by means of deception?

Do you believe Mannion did nothing wrong?

Are some acts of simulation more acceptable than other acts of simulation?

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 08:24:39 PM

Was it simulation?

And you haven't answered the questions regarding the Meath man throwing himself to the ground and if you only highlight incidents which involved Dublin players. Some balance there

kerryforsam19

2 match ban for Mannion. If Kerry lad done that would never hear end of it.

straightred

Quote from: Angelo on June 23, 2019, 08:24:39 PM

Was it simulation?

It happened right in front of me and I thought it was poor from Mannion. No need for it especially in a game they were never going to lose. Having said that there is a world of a difference between this kind of carry on and McCann's thuggery

seafoid

RedHand88

sid waddell

Quote from: thejuice on June 23, 2019, 08:19:24 PM
Quote from: thejuice on June 23, 2019, 07:58:56 PM
So you say there's a lot we're not doing but here's the reality you don't actually know.

Meath have had strength and conditioning coaches since Banty took over. We must be using the wrong ones so.

Dublin's fitness I agree is above ours but honestly it's above everyone else's. Perhaps you can fill us in on the training regime of the Dublin squad so we all know what to aspire to. Dare I suggest you don't actually know that either.

As I already said we started late on improving things in the late 90's but to suggest that this Dublin team are just a slight cut above the rest because we're not putting in the effort is just wrong. I'm not blaming Dublin. You're making the most of your resources and we are trying to get the most of ours but I honestly don't think it will be enough if Dublin stay at the level they're at.

And another thing Sid. In terms of coaching, we have a manager who won a club All Ireland with Ballyboden so he knows a thing or two about the standard in Dublin and what level we need to be at. We have Colm Nally who is regarded as one of the best in the backroom and he has improved us loads. High quality coaches like that don't grow on trees. We're lucky to have them. There's no one else of that calibre in Meath.
Club management is a different ball game to inter county

Some have the ability to make the step up, some don't