Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I thought the ref was ok too. Delargy being hit he couldn't see and one or two of the off the ball things he couldn't see either. General play he was ok.

Cushendall are brilliant at the back and McManus is playing maybe as well as he has ever played. They will really need to try and do something with their full forward line though as there is so much ball just goes in there and right back out. Carson should help though.

I always wonder why Eunan McKillop doesn't get more game time as he always makes a decent difference when he comes in.

McManus was massive yesterday. Paddy Burke was also superb as well. Great point that he scored.

Hope Graffin is ok. Really feel for him getting injured like that. As I saw complaints about very poor provisions for him yesterday and didn't look much in place for serious injuries.

Sheugh Water

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 12, 2018, 12:03:53 PM
Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on November 12, 2018, 11:50:17 AM
Paddyjohn

'Donegal? Why in caps?'

Why not?

Why emphasise where the ref is from?

Would be more inclined to emphasise that he is in actual fact a football ref primarily.

Wasn't at the game but I have to say there is a terrible tendency with hurling referees throughout Ulster to blow for every little contact.

We had a visiting club up from Cork during the Summer and they commented on that a number of times during the games played

paddyjohn

Quote from: Sheugh Water on November 12, 2018, 03:43:59 PM
Paddyjohn

'Donegal? Why in caps?'

Why not?

Would be more inclined to emphasise that he is in actual fact a football ref primarily.

Wasn't at the game but I have to say there is a terrible tendency with hurling referees throughout Ulster to blow for every little contact.

We had a visiting club up from Cork during the Summer and they commented on that a number of times during the games played

But sure some refs is our own county are football refs and end up being very good hurling ref and vice versa.

Imagine the uproar if the Dall would of lost.

Jesusjones

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 12, 2018, 04:00:33 PM
Quote from: Sheugh Water on November 12, 2018, 03:43:59 PM
Paddyjohn

'Donegal? Why in caps?'

Why not?

But sure some refs is our own county are football refs and end up being very good hurling ref and vice versa.

Imagine the uproar if the Dall would of lost.

I don't care if the referee is from Donegal or if he referees football as well, it would be nice if he could answer how off the ball a player hits another in the balls, the linesman sees it, calls in the referee and tells him what happened and the referee gives a yellow card. Surely it's a red all day long?

Milltown Row2

It seems to be the thing for a certain club at the minute to give off about refs!

I know refs that never played and referee pretty well

There are refs that never hurled but are great hurling refs and vice versa and because a ref has played both and refs both doesn't make him a better ref, it's how he applies the rules that counts..

At National level they are a step up from your run of the mill county refs (me) so it doesn't matter if they are from Donegal or Kilkenny they'll apply the rules

As for what the linesman seen in yesterday's game you don't know what he said to the ref!

Well done Cushendall, it takes you to lose a final or two to make it happen, so hopefully they'll get back to Croke again and give us another day out
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

As I see it

Congratulations to Cushendall and all the best in the semi , when dall have needed him the most McManus has stepped up and delivered.Now that club action is over for a while is there any news on the county manager ???

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 12, 2018, 03:43:39 PM
I thought the ref was ok too. Delargy being hit he couldn't see and one or two of the off the ball things he couldn't see either. General play he was ok.

Cushendall are brilliant at the back and McManus is playing maybe as well as he has ever played. They will really need to try and do something with their full forward line though as there is so much ball just goes in there and right back out. Carson should help though.

I always wonder why Eunan McKillop doesn't get more game time as he always makes a decent difference when he comes in.

McManus was massive yesterday. Paddy Burke was also superb as well. Great point that he scored.

Hope Graffin is ok. Really feel for him getting injured like that. As I saw complaints about very poor provisions for him yesterday and didn't look much in place for serious injuries.
St. John's/Order of Malta would have been there. What else would you expect to see?

imtommygunn

I don't think they were though. Sure the fella was lying on a stretcher on the pitch while cushendall got the trophy. (N.b i could be wrong on this but i have read elsewhere on twitter about this too. A doctor came in from the crowd to provide assistance)

Hurlingballs

Provisions very poor for such a big stadium. Cushendall chair man carrier the stretcher over to Arron! They had no blankets or anything for him and while the 3 ulster officials stood looking on supporters where throwing down scarfs and jumpers to put over him to keep warm.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 12, 2018, 09:15:31 PM
I don't think they were though. Sure the fella was lying on a stretcher on the pitch while cushendall got the trophy. (N.b i could be wrong on this but i have read elsewhere on twitter about this too. A doctor came in from the crowd to provide assistance)

Cushendall not have a physiotherapist or doctor on the line?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

The former though not sure on the latter.

Milltown Row2

In a video I seen he seemed happy enough to stay around for the final whistle and celebrate.

Hurlingballs

Nobody said anything about him not being happy to stay. It's the fact that the ulster officials done nothing to help! They have 2 nurses. No dr or physio

imtommygunn

Quote from: Hurlingballs on November 12, 2018, 09:33:28 PM
Nobody said anything about him not being happy to stay. It's the fact that the ulster officials done nothing to help! They have 2 nurses. No dr or physio

Yeah I don't know the full story but didn't look great and i saw some criticism on twitter from someone who would know as he'd be close to the team.

Anyway... I see carson unlikely to make ai semi final. Him and graffin would be big losses.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hurlingballs on November 12, 2018, 09:33:28 PM

He seemed happy as in had he felt that he needed to be seen by a doctor he'd have went to hospital?

They (nurses)? Ulster council or Cushendall? How many doctors available on a Wednesday night in Glenarm?

Unless the club pay for a doctor to be at all club games or a St Johns ambulance then what's the solution?

Saint Johns ambulance are at most games, though I didn't see them in Newry, but I'm sure they were there.

St Johns Ambulance are at my kids school every Saturday morning dealing with injuries arising from school matches.