Tom Humphries

Started by bottlethrower7, January 29, 2007, 09:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Perhaps you would be kind enough to explain how his previous ghost writing activities allowed him to him to sexual abuse children?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Syferus

Quote from: armaghniac on March 08, 2018, 12:40:16 PM
Perhaps you would be kind enough to explain how his previous ghost writing activities allowed him to him to sexual abuse children?

These are really weak attempts at gotcha posts, Armaghniac.

rosnarun

Quote from: Syferus on March 08, 2018, 01:01:46 PM

so no answer then.
he would not need as go fund me page if he was allowed to continue on his totally non Sexual related writing activities .
instead would you prefer he lived a state sponsored life on the Dole due to being unable to continue Working,
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Syferus

Quote from: rosnarun on March 08, 2018, 02:39:33 PM

so no answer then.
he would not need as go fund me page if he was allowed to continue on his totally non Sexual related writing activities .
instead would you prefer he lived a state sponsored life on the Dole due to being unable to continue Working,

Does his "mental illness" only let him write as a profession?

Lar Naparka

so no answer then.
What do you think ros?
I think Syf is trying to take over as the chief pain in the ass and prize attention seeker  now that Tony Fearon has disappeared. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

trueblue1234

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 08, 2018, 03:46:54 PM

so no answer then.
What do you think ros?
I think Syf is trying to take over as the chief pain in the ass and prize attention seeker  now that Tony Fearon has disappeared. ;D

Was he not ahead of Tony anyway? Wrecked more threads than him anyway. At least Tony tended to stick to the same threads most of the time. Syf is more scatter gun.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

magpie seanie

I don't think any publication would employ him and I certainly wouldn't want to read his musings and would boycott any entity that published them.

rosnarun

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 08, 2018, 03:46:54 PM

so no answer then.
What do you think ros?
Much as I don't like personalizing abuse here.
being from Roscommon he has a head start
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Hound

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 09, 2018, 09:34:21 AM
I don't think any publication would employ him and I certainly wouldn't want to read his musings and would boycott any entity that published them.
Agree 100%. He'll never have a Lockerroom type scenario again.

But ghostwriting will be an avenue open to him, assuming it stays in the dark.

Syferus

Quote from: Hound on March 09, 2018, 01:49:19 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on March 09, 2018, 09:34:21 AM
Agree 100%. He'll never have a Lockerroom type scenario again.

But ghostwriting will be an avenue open to him, assuming it stays in the dark.

It's an avenue open to him only because it is hidden. It's akin to calling a horse burger a beef burger, I don't want to unwittingly support the writing career of a child abuser but I have no confidence that people like Cusack and David Walsh won't crawl back out from the woodwork when the press has died down and Humphries spins them a sob story.

Given his ridiculously short sentence and the nonsense judicial reasoning, it would be an utter insult to the victim and child abuse victims in general.

armaghniac

I think people should be encouraged to work after a jail sentence. Clearly, someone could not work as a teacher etc, but can in a job where there is no contact with children.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on March 10, 2018, 12:10:30 PM
I think people should be encouraged to work after a jail sentence. Clearly, someone could not work as a teacher etc, but can in a job where there is no contact with children.
Humphries was very late to admit guilt and refused treatment so unless he changes his tune I wouldn't support rehabilitation.

the RTE Producer who was entrapped in Yorkshire was sentenced yesterday. Paedophilia seems to happen at the end of a long meltdown.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

armaghniac