Previous topic - Next topic

saffman

Rossa V St Johns - st johns by 2+
Loughuile v Dunloy - loughuile by 2+
St endas v ballycastle - st endas by 4+
Cushendun v cushendall - cushendall by 15+

Milltown Row2

The buzz word is "throw ball"

Are managers now employing this 'chant' in training sessions?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 20, 2022, 11:24:19 PM

Every 2 or 3 minutes I heard it last night ,it has taken over from "STEPS REF!!"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tyrdub on April 21, 2022, 09:48:10 AM

Every 2 or 3 minutes I heard it last night ,it has taken over from "STEPS REF!!"

I was like, f**k!!!! I'm like 80 meters closer to the play to ones shouting from the other end of pitch!! The Sunday Game has a lot to answer for lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 21, 2022, 09:52:58 AM
Quote from: Tyrdub on April 21, 2022, 09:48:10 AM

I was like, f**k!!!! I'm like 80 meters closer to the play to ones shouting from the other end of pitch!! The Sunday Game has a lot to answer for lol

Funny I said the same thing, I was far closer to the play but someone on the far side of the pitch can see a throw ball through a crowd of players.
Maybe they all have super power vision

MoChara

Quote from: saffman on April 20, 2022, 12:08:06 PM
Rossa V St Johns - st johns by 2+
Loughuile v Dunloy - loughuile by 2+
St endas v ballycastle - st endas by 4+
Cushendun v cushendall - cushendall by 15+

Not far away although Ballycastle the surprise package

imtommygunn

Is the Donaghy who was CHB for Cushendall against Cushendun the boy who used to play for st endas? If so I'd imagine he's a big loss to them.

MoChara

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 22, 2022, 08:58:59 AM
Is the Donaghy who was CHB for Cushendall against Cushendun the boy who used to play for st endas? If so I'd imagine he's a big loss to them.

Tis

Milltown Row2

Quote from: MoChara on April 22, 2022, 09:29:14 AM

Tis

I was looking for him the other night as he's always under the ball or picking up the pieces, which they were lacking v Ballycastle. Body blow for St Endas. I think he's from Cushendall?

imtommygunn

Did he not used to be a decent goalie for cushendall a few years ago?

The line-ups in the league looked interesting. Loughgiel are basically full strength bar James McNaughton I think? Dunloy can still put out a strong 15 even without county boys but just not quite strong enough. Ballycastle aren't too bad. I thought Boyd in defense for them looked decent for the county in other years. St Johns looked strong enough too. I am guessing a few boys dropped off the county like McCallin and Shannon and boys like that. (or maybe they're allowed to play?)

MoChara

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 22, 2022, 09:38:21 AM
Quote from: MoChara on April 22, 2022, 09:29:14 AM

Tis

I was looking for him the other night as he's always under the ball or picking up the pieces, which they were lacking v Ballycastle. Body blow for St Endas. I think he's from Cushendall?

yeah hes originally Cushendall.

Looking at the line up Endas were missing a few key players as well, Diamond, Maskey and McGoldrick

imtommygunn

The minor hurlers won 1-14 to 0-6.

Milltown Row2

And the seniors won handy enough also by 15 points, racking up 6 goals as well.

2 in a row

imtommygunn

Anyone else at the hurling?

It was an easy enough victory in the end though down will rue a lot of wides too. We definitely have a few things to tighten up on but all in all a fairly clinical performance and McManus getting game time a big plus. With Molloy to come back there'll be a bit of competition for places.

Down despite being beaten still had maybe one of the best performers in diathi sands.

Stand outs for me - cunning and Elliot in forwards. Maskey caused problems with direct running which I didn't realise was part of his game and the half back line very steady. There is a lot of pace in our forward line. I think McNaughton and McManus need a lot more match sharpness but it will come. Nugent I thought was a bit lost in half forwards but when at FF caused havoc.

Milltown Row2

Hopefully we can get to Croke park with this bunch.  Shouldn't fear teams in this competition considering we played Div 1..

We just can't afford to be complacent.. focused and ruthless when we can