Sectarian abuse from the free staters

Started by Truth hurts, February 07, 2022, 11:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Nordies invented sledging as a way to rile opponents by spouting all sorts of sh1te at them.
Now it's coming back to bite them ;D what goes round comes round etc.
Mind you the Scallion aters don't seem to be too bright as a Down Hurley team would be mainly  Irish Catholics.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Pub Bore

Carlow hurlers have form on this.  A nasty bunch.

Quote from: Pub Bore on February 08, 2022, 10:00:05 AM
Carlow hurlers have form on this.  A nasty bunch.

It would be about the only thing carlow hurlers have form in  :P

trueblue1234

Quote from: Rossfan on February 08, 2022, 08:37:43 AM
Nordies invented sledging as a way to rile opponents by spouting all sorts of sh1te at them.
Mind you the Scallion aters don't seem to be too bright as a Down Hurley team would be mainly  Irish Catholics.

The shape of this post. 😂
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

blanketattack

Not necessarily, the hurling strongholds of Down have quite a few mixed marriages as can be gathered from the list of player names.
I'm not sure how the Carlow neanderthals managed to figure this out though.

Franko

Quote from: blanketattack on February 08, 2022, 02:05:50 PM

Not necessarily, the hurling strongholds of Down have quite a few mixed marriages as can be gathered from the list of player names.
I'm not sure how the Carlow neanderthals managed to figure this out though.

Ah but houl on...

EG said this wasn't the case.

And let's face it, if there's anyone here who would have an intimate knowledge of the religious affiliations of the Down Senior Hurling squad, it would be him.   ::)

Franko

Orior

This is a non-story with the loyalist newspapers in the north trying to give it legs.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Armagh18

Quote from: Orior on February 08, 2022, 03:16:30 PM
This is a non-story with the loyalist newspapers in the north trying to give it legs.
It's hardly a non story, it's a ridiculous thing to try and slag someone playing GAA about and it's far from an isolated thing. 

Milltown Row2

I don't know which is worse from Carlow people, recreating a scene from Weekend at Bernie's or calling Catholics brits and prods!?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 08, 2022, 03:55:05 PM
I don't know which is worse from Carlow people, recreating a scene from Weekend at Bernie's or calling Catholics brits and prods!?

Probably the worst thing is that an intercounty team from the next county to Kilkenny were happy to be beaten by a crowd of loyalists. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 08, 2022, 03:55:05 PM
That's just a sign of ignorance.

johnnycool

Quote from: Evil Genius on February 07, 2022, 04:03:21 PM
Quote from: general_lee on February 07, 2022, 03:57:01 PM
And if there was an actual Protestant or someone from a unionist background stripped out for Down yesterday, what's the course of action then? "Ah don't worry, it's only a bit of sledging"
In the absence of any Prods about the place, I think the Carlow lads are to be congratulated for their ingenuity and imagination.

Just a shame that the Down boys can't show the same qualities in actually getting a few more Prods into their own team.

Or even one.

(I'll leave that thought with you  ;))

Shall I correct you on that one?

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 08, 2022, 03:20:32 PM
Quote from: Orior on February 08, 2022, 03:16:30 PM
It's hardly a non story, it's a ridiculous thing to try and slag someone playing GAA about and it's far from an isolated thing.

this is laughable, sledging to gain an advantage has been going on in every sport for decades and nordies crying about it shows how fragile they really are

pathetic  ::)

Franko

Quote from: johnnycool on February 08, 2022, 05:11:26 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on February 07, 2022, 04:03:21 PM
Quote from: general_lee on February 07, 2022, 03:57:01 PM
And if there was an actual Protestant or someone from a unionist background stripped out for Down yesterday, what's the course of action then? "Ah don't worry, it's only a bit of sledging"
In the absence of any Prods about the place, I think the Carlow lads are to be congratulated for their ingenuity and imagination.

Just a shame that the Down boys can't show the same qualities in actually getting a few more Prods into their own team.

Or even one.

(I'll leave that thought with you  ;))

Shall I correct you on that one?

Always enjoyable watching a smug tw@t making a fool of himself.

With his little emojis and everything.  ;D