Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on September 24, 2019, 03:30:39 PM
Quote from: weareros on September 24, 2019, 01:11:22 PM
Agreed. And now she has the gall to say the supreme court must be respected when she was instrumental in the law being broken and lying to their beloved Queen.

This morning Jeffrey Donaldson said the Irish Government should apologize because Supreme Court refused to extradite Patrick Ryan. Within hours Arlene tweets:

"We have always respected the principle of the separation of powers upon which our constitutional law is founded. Therefore the judgement of the Supreme Court has to be respected."

I guess such separation of powers doesn't exist in the Republic?  I know we are accustomed to partisan views in just about anything in Northern Ireland but surely some sense of irony is left buried deep inside these people?

/Jim.

omaghjoe

Quote from: TabClear on September 24, 2019, 03:56:16 PM
Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on September 24, 2019, 03:30:39 PM
Quote from: weareros on September 24, 2019, 01:11:22 PM
Agreed. And now she has the gall to say the supreme court must be respected when she was instrumental in the law being broken and lying to their beloved Queen.

This morning Jeffrey Donaldson said the Irish Government should apologize because Supreme Court refused to extradite Patrick Ryan. Within hours Arlene tweets:

"We have always respected the principle of the separation of powers upon which our constitutional law is founded. Therefore the judgement of the Supreme Court has to be respected."

I guess such separation of powers doesn't exist in the Republic?  I know we are accustomed to partisan views in just about anything in Northern Ireland but surely some sense of irony is left buried deep inside these people?

/Jim.

;D ;D ;D

BennyHarp

Possibly the greatest moment of Brexit so far.
https://youtu.be/ZRc0by2vZ7k
That was never a square ball!!

Farrandeelin

f**king hell that was dramatic stuff in the HoC yesterday. Johnson's worse than I assumed he would be. A dangerous man is now an understatement.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

t_mac

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 26, 2019, 07:18:35 AM
f**king hell that was dramatic stuff in the HoC yesterday. Johnson's worse than I assumed he would be. A dangerous man is now an understatement.

Yip him and the p***k Cox could get someone killed with their rhetoric.

mouview

He actually is dangerous because he has no beliefs or moral compass, save power for himself. He's a puppet, a marionette manipulated by the hands of Cummings / the ERG. Yesterday, for me he crossed the line from being a bumbling rather harmless moron to a loathsome vicious mountebank.

trailer

Interesting that Boris leans on references to the classics during his speeches. Something used to demonstrate his private education in which they are taught. It's a tactic he uses to make himself appear smarter than he actually is. It would be interesting to see how much of the details he would have to have referenced by a staffer before giving the speech, as I doubt he actually knows much of it at all. His "studied untidiness" is another very British upper class characteristic according to Eamonn Mallie.

imtommygunn

He has never been a harmless moron. Always been a dangerous man.

Rossfan

He really showed his true obnoxious disgusting disgraceful self yesterday.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J70

Quote from: mouview on September 26, 2019, 10:23:01 AM

He actually is dangerous because he has no beliefs or moral compass, save power for himself. He's a puppet, a marionette manipulated by the hands of Cummings / the ERG. Yesterday, for me he crossed the line from being a bumbling rather harmless moron to a loathsome vicious mountebank.

;D Never heard that expression before.

johnnycool

Quote from: J70 on September 26, 2019, 02:06:23 PM
Quote from: mouview on September 26, 2019, 10:23:01 AM

;D Never heard that expression before.

Had to look it up myself but very apt;

mountebank (n.)
"peripatetic quack; one who sells nostrums at fairs, etc.," in Johnson's words, "a doctor that mounts a bench in the market, and boasts his infallible remedies and cures;" 1570s, from Italian montambanco, contraction of monta in banco "quack, juggler," literally "mount on bench" (to be seen by crowd), from monta, imperative of montare "to mount" (see mount (v.)) + banco, variant of banca "bench," from a Germanic source (see bench (n.)). Figurative and extended senses, in reference to any impudent pretender or charlatan, are from 1580s. Related: Mountebankery.

Those galway lads are well educated.

t_mac

Jo Swinson is making a no deal Brexit more and more plausible with every press conference, what a totally self absorbed individual, a liberal Democrat who is neither liberal or democratic.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM