Westmeath v Tyrone: Sunday 15th March - Mullingar

Started by omagh_gael, March 07, 2009, 10:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

After Galway defeat two points really needed to avoid a relegation battle. Will Mickey ring the changes again? Will lads like Gareth Devlin, Jason Mc Annulla, Snowy O'Neill get a run out? Will Stevie O'Neill be back or is it too soon?

gerry

Must win game for tyrone.  Although it good to try out new players before the championship tyrone need to bag a few points to stay in div 1.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

orangeman

Mickey will need to pick up 2 points shortly although I don't think he'll be losing a lot of sleep about it.

Tyrones own

Glad it's not in Omagh.. we might get a couple of points from this one!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrone Dreamer

If Tyrone never played again in Omagh I'd be happy. The only thing good about it is the stand. For all the money spent by the county board I cant work out why they havent put a new pitch down that is worthy of our best players playing on. Also I hope the county board soon realise Saturday nights dont work - very poor atmosphere and much smaller crowds. There was over 11,000 at the Kerry game with only around 4,000 there last night. There was never going to be as many at the Galway game but if it had been today you'd have possibly got close to twice the crowd that was there last night.

Tyrone Dreamer

Any word on Stephen O'Neill or how serious his injury is? Will he be in contention for this one?

tyronefan

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 08, 2009, 05:59:32 PM
If Tyrone never played again in Omagh I'd be happy. The only thing good about it is the stand. For all the money spent by the county board I cant work out why they havent put a new pitch down that is worthy of our best players playing on. Also I hope the county board soon realise Saturday nights dont work - very poor atmosphere and much smaller crowds. There was over 11,000 at the Kerry game with only around 4,000 there last night. There was never going to be as many at the Galway game but if it had been today you'd have possibly got close to twice the crowd that was there last night.

new pitch going into Omagh later this year

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 08, 2009, 06:00:14 PM
Any word on Stephen O'Neill or how serious his injury is? Will he be in contention for this one?

Was chatting to a Clann man last night and he reckons that he's not too far away from full fitness.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tyrone Dreamer

Had heard talk of that. Hopefully when they're doing it they do it right. Far too many county grounds have poor pitches. Its one area were investment is badly needed. Some of the money spent on stadiums that are too large should have went on putting at least one top quality pitch in every county. The Tyrone Dublin game in Croke Park was helped by Croke Parks excellent pitch and showed that you can have good football at this time of year.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 08, 2009, 07:12:53 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on March 08, 2009, 06:00:14 PM

Was chatting to a Clann man last night and he reckons that he's not too far away from full fitness.

Good news if right. Tyrone struggled badly up front last night.

tyronefan

its always good to see new lads getting a run out to see what they can do  but Mickey will need to start thinking about getting a few points in the bag now and not be worrying about a relegation fight at the end of the league, we don't want to have to win in castlebar. more importantly he will soon want to start thinking about which players are going to start against Armagh and in which position.

Probably a bit early to be overly concerned about this yet

Tyrone Dreamer

Is it this weekend McGugian gets married? Id like a to see a team something like this if the players are available:

Devine
Swift
Justy
PJ Quinn
McCarron
Gormley
Jordan
Cavanagh
McGinley
Joe McMahon
T McGuigan
Snowy O'Neill
Mulgrew
Stephen O'Neill
Mugsy

Cavanagh has been off the boil in the last few games and we've struggled round the middle, so if O'Neill was available the switch would make sense. Snowy deserves a chance. Wouldnt mind seeing Gareth Devlin in the league but the u21's play next week. Have picked Mulgrew ahead of McCullagh because think he deserves a go in decent conditions - he looks to have put on a bit of weight which might help him. Cathal McCarron is another player who deserves another chance in decent conditions and a rest wont do Harte any harm - he could actually perform a decent impact role from the bench.

orangeman

Brian Mc Guigan gets married this weekend alright-  very, very tough assignment for Tyrone in Mullingar.

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on March 08, 2009, 11:08:17 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 08, 2009, 11:03:26 PM
Brian Mc Guigan gets married this weekend alright
Ah Jesus, will this bad luck ever end?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

She's a real nice girl - so best wishes to both of them.

Mr. Nakata

Could do with a few key players returning for this one. A must win game in Mullingar. I'd like to see Jordan straight back in at 7 if he's back from his jollies, as well as big Joe back in if fit. Mugsy and Cassidy on from the start as well. Hopefully, the conditions will be much more conducive to the fast passing game we've become accustomed to. McCullagh's confidence has been dented over the last couple of games but he always looks for the ball which is great to see. Marty Penfold will surely never have a game like that again between now and the end of his days. He was so bad it was comical. However, Cavanagh and McGuigan both had misses that made we want to cry instead of laugh. Our forwards would've had difficuly scoring in the "Bunny Ranch" last Saturday night. I just want to consign that performance to history. A bad night.