McCarthy admits he does not have backing of Cork hurlers

Started by Minder, October 23, 2008, 09:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

That's 2 Sundays in a row that Cork have lost Munster finals and Murphy is to blame for both.

Canalman

Quote from: passedit on July 14, 2013, 11:52:10 PM
Frank Murphy, still the millstone round the neck of Cork GAA.

Some surprise

Cork have won an unreal amount of AIs on "his watch" to be fair.

For the life of me I cannot understand how one man and one man alone is responsible for Cork's relatively recent barren spell.

deiseach

Quote from: Canalman on July 15, 2013, 10:34:42 AM

Some surprise

For the life of me I cannot understand how one man and one man alone is responsible for Cork's relatively recent barren spell.

People saying that are being ironic. Right? ???

johnneycool

Quote from: deiseach on July 15, 2013, 10:37:03 AM
Quote from: Canalman on July 15, 2013, 10:34:42 AM

Some surprise

People saying that are being ironic. Right? ???
Quote from: orangeman on July 14, 2013, 09:57:37 PM
Donal Óg giving Frank and co stick years later.

Some shock.

well, when you change the manager every farts end and it doesn't make a difference, its certainly can't be that the players are no longer up to it, so it has to be somebody, Frank fits the bill at this point in time.

He was a great fella for getting lads off suspensions for technicalities whenever it suited though.

Kevin

Quote from: deiseach on July 10, 2013, 03:39:09 PM
Takes a big man to congratulate his own county when they win, fair play to him.

Priceless.

Thank you Sir!

Premier Emperor

JBM must hard to get rid of!  8)

Quote from: Reillers on August 31, 2009, 01:01:59 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on August 30, 2009, 03:28:34 PM

Another appointment frank made for all the right reasons...

Speaking of appointments Frank made for all the right reasons..the U21 manager/selectors were named the other day, resulting in furious Cork GAA people asking why, yet again.

JBM (that's Jimmy Barry Murphy lads..ie Dowling) was very interested in taking the U21 job, what a blessing we thought, the U21s have the potential, we've seen that, they've just been poorly run. So for the GAA public in Cork, it seemed too good to be true, has the CCB surprised us after all?
Ahhahahahaa..not a chance. It was too good to be true, and then some.

JBM-should have been falling over backwards to help him, get him what he wants. They should feel blessed that he wanted the job.
All the CCB had to do was 2 things. Not tell the media. Let him pick his own selectors.

Nothing unreasonable..not unless you're the CCB.
They leak it to the media.
They stick him with Gerald's old selectors..the Execs men, refusing to let him pick his own selectors.

They made him an offer he could refuse. And he did. They pushed JBM, THE JBM, away from the job, all so the execs could get their men in, never mind a chance of success. We can't have that now can we.

With Donal O Grady, Allen, Justin McCarthy..etc on the black list, JBM would have been a massive win for the Cork GAA.
But, oh, no, no, no. They push out a legend who we were all looking forward to leading Cork again, we could not have asked for anyone better, and in they put.in the old boys and the executives got their men.

(Ger Fitzgerald (manager), Teddy McCarthy, John Mortell, Darragh Holland and Don Cronin for the U21s. Seanie McGrath a selector for the Minors.)

Shockingly familiar names. Same old, same old,  jobs for the boys.

JBM, the latest to fall victim to the CCB's manipulation and incompitenceAnd as it was said on RebelGAA.."Jimmy Barry becomes the latest man to find out that this is not Tiananman Square. In Pairc Ui Chaoimh, the tanks don't stop."

You think after years of this crap that the CCB would learn, that they wouldn't be so confronting.

You think, anyone else would want to take cover for a bit, anyone else wouldn't have the balls to put in such a hated controversial character like Teddy McCarthy, especially so soon after the "incident," but to think that the CCB should get itself involved in another bout of administrative madness and pure incompetence, and in the process potentially damage Cork hurling more so then they have all ready.

I mean he's not a credible candidate, but yet he's getting such a high profile role with such an important team. Shocking, but not surprising one bit. Which is beyond depressing.

And is it any wonder why Aidan Walsh and Ciaran Sheehan are choosing football over hurling.

Yet again the delegates sit in silence.

But I suppose, rewards come for those who act on behalf of the CCB or those who hang their heads in silence when what's needed really is a lions roar.

We'd the opportunity to have JBM as coach, but instead, thanks to pathetic little games, now he's the victim of the kind of maneuverings that have helped damage us in the first place. Of all people, he deserves better. He doesn't deserve to be another person who the CB walk over, just to get their way.

He wanted to pick his own selectors, county board said no..SAME OLD STORY.
Despite what's happened over the last 3 years the CCB refuse to change.

Clubs need to get their act together ahead of the Convention. Change must happen, or the same thing will happen over and over again, while the CCB, well they'll hide under bylaws and regulations and refuse to acknowledge the damage they are doing to Cork GAA.

The Cork GAA public is falling over itself trying to get over yet another smack in the face. It's unbelivable (well sadly it isn't actually) that they refuse to learn from the past.
I mean, what do they want the whole of the Cork clubs to turn against them more?
They were on the verge of a complete uprising..they didn't even blink. They refused to acknowledge the clubs, what we want, they've told us it doesn't matter, they've the rules on their side, we've no say. We don't matter.

This is hopefully the one big stick that the clubs can use to batter the board with come the conventions. They've been pulling the wool over our eyes for long enough.

The delegates sat in silence, while the executives got their man.
They sat in silence..you think one of them would have siad something, you think one of them would have smelt a rat, just feckin one of them..
But yet again, there was nothing but silence.

heffo

I never did find out who or what the Cork GAA public is or who they represent.

Are they GAA members in Cork or fellas who go looking for a AI final ticket but aren't members or all of the above?