Hypocritical Dubs

Started by Dave like the tv channel, July 04, 2017, 08:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave like the tv channel

It's hilarious looking at the Dubs crying into their soup over the lack of a neutral venue for the Tipp game, when their footballers play at 'home' almost every big game?

It's ok to drag Laois up to Parnell Park, on a day when their footballers were playing in Portlaoise earlier in the day, but Dublin should get a neutral venue?

The Croke Park sponsorship/financial doping of Dublin may have worked in football, creating a semi-professional team, but the hurling experiment has failed. Get over it Dublin. You're a Tier2 hurling county at best and this is what the GAA does to the non-elite. Don't worry, there's plenty of us down here.

Dinny Breen

You will find some Dublin football supporters claim it's a disadvantage to play at home as the opposition are more up for it. So they and the 431 Dublin hurling supporters will be looking forward to their trip to the home of hurling.
#newbridgeornowhere

Taylor

This will be the last time it will happen.

From here on the hurlers will be treated like the footballers and play where they want to

TheGreatest

The fascination with all things Dublin continues. Another thread on Dublin, perhaps it would be better to start up a Dublin thread in January every year, and just post your bias and hatred there.

2 separate sports, different teams and generally different supporters, the qualifiers are meant to be neutral venue as highlighted in the bi-laws, for example Tipp played Offaly in Portlaiose in 2014. If the Dublin footballers went through the qualifier route more often then you might see more neutral venue otherwise the games get fixed home and away.

The GAA make the fixtures, not Dublin.

Croke Park in meant to be neutral.

Grow up.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 04, 2017, 08:38:07 AM
The fascination with all things Dublin continues. Another thread on Dublin, perhaps it would be better to start up a Dublin thread in January every year, and just post your bias and hatred there.

2 separate sports, different teams and generally different supporters, the qualifiers are meant to be neutral venue as highlighted in the bi-laws, for example Tipp played Offaly in Portlaiose in 2014. If the Dublin footballers went through the qualifier route more often then you might see more neutral venue otherwise the games get fixed home and away.

Grow up.
if croke park was on the isle of mann it'd be neutral
but it ain't

Beantown

Croke Park will only become neutral when Dublin build a new stadium, as has been rumoured for a while now.  This hurling match could be played in Phoenix Park for all anyone cares.  Tipp will win either way.  I understand that if the rules say it should be a neutral venue, then so be it but surely common sense,  (yeah I know, common sense on the GAA is up there along with magic beans and earth being flat!!) should dictate a double header and  a big crowd in Thurles.  Maybe the Dubin players are happy gong down to Thurles for a double header, why not test yourself against the best in their back yard.  All of Leinster does it for the football most days.

TheGreatest

Quote from: Beantown on July 04, 2017, 09:27:41 AM
Croke Park will only become neutral when Dublin build a new stadium, as has been rumoured for a while now.  This hurling match could be played in Phoenix Park for all anyone cares.  Tipp will win either way.  I understand that if the rules say it should be a neutral venue, then so be it but surely common sense,  (yeah I know, common sense on the GAA is up there along with magic beans and earth being flat!!) should dictate a double header and  a big crowd in Thurles.  Maybe the Dubin players are happy gong down to Thurles for a double header, why not test yourself against the best in their back yard.  All of Leinster does it for the football most days.

I agree mate, no problem with the Venue myself.

My problem is with clowns who start up stupid threads.

Ger Cunningham (the Dublin hurling manager for you all you Nordies) is from Cork , he's not a Dub, and he's not happy about it.

From the Bunker

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 04, 2017, 08:38:07 AM

Grow up.

;D  ;)

Dinny Breen

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 04, 2017, 09:32:54 AM

Ger Cunningham (the Dublin hurling manager for you all you Nordies) is from Cork , he's not a Dub, and he's not happy about it.

The highly paid Ger Cunningham is hardly going to disagree with his employers.
#newbridgeornowhere

OgraAnDun

What's being a "nordie" got to do with knowledge of Dublin hurling?

TheGreatest

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 04, 2017, 09:58:10 AM

Why do you care Dinny about Dublin hurling and hurling in general, your obsessed with the Dubs, id be more worried about the amount of money paid to McGeeney during his tenure , when your own county players had to go out an collect funds and build their own gym in one of the most wealthiest counties in Ireland.

Please don't disrespect Ger, he won 3 all Irelands as a player, 4 all stars, he loves hurling. Im sorry, there is no respect on this site anymore. Same clowns who post here ,post Hoganstand and use to post on An fear Rua.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: TheGreatest on July 04, 2017, 10:05:10 AM

Why do you care Dinny about Dublin hurling and hurling in general, your obsessed with the Dubs, id be more worried about the amount of money paid to McGeeney during his tenure , when your own county players had to go out an collect funds and build their own gym in one of the most wealthiest counties in Ireland.

Please don't disrespect Ger, he won 3 all Irelands as a player, 4 all stars, he loves hurling. Im sorry, there is no respect on this site anymore. Same clowns who post here ,post Hoganstand and use to post on An fear Rua.

Ha! The irony is delicious.
#newbridgeornowhere

Taylor

Dublin play over 90% of their football c'ship games in Croke Park effectively making it their home ground. Doesnt matter a shite what other counties think or say. The location of the fixture stays the same.

Dublin hurlers have to go to another counties home ground and they are complaining about it.

The Greatest - can you see any irony or double standards in that?

mup

Never mind the money Jim Gavin is on. Well in to 6 figures.

johnneycool

There's plenty of disrespect shown towards Ger from Dublin before you start worrying about it on this DB.