Club Hurling

Started by BallyroanAbbey, April 16, 2017, 11:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spillane

I got the video in a Whatsapp group. Was disappointed it was not included in Laois Gaa highlights. It was a major incident in the game, should have been included.

Merman and SpeculativeEffort I haven't seen it in real time so I won't totally make my final judgement yet.
Just thought the condemning of the club and people suggesting that Laois CB not allow them advance onto Leinster Championship is a bit extreme.

LOVEGAA

Quote from: Spillane on October 10, 2018, 10:27:27 AM
I got the video in a Whatsapp group. Was disappointed it was not included in Laois Gaa highlights. It was a major incident in the game, should have been included.

Merman and SpeculativeEffort I haven't seen it in real time so I won't totally make my final judgement yet.
Just thought the condemning of the club and people suggesting that Laois CB not allow them advance onto Leinster Championship is a bit extreme.

Tell that to R/E and Ross King

Ogie

Does anyone know the definitive position now re disciplinary action, Holmes & Dooley were booked, can the referee be asked to review the incident to see if he is satisfied he dealt with the matter correctly?

Ogie

Looked back the the Camross Borris Kilcotton game & similar incident, pushing & shoving near the line, Camross mentor in the middle of it pulls the Borris Kilcotton players helmet off, another Camross player arrives in with a head butt,camross player same suspect as Sunday throws a punch,  another Camross player runs in and strikes a swinging punch into another players face right in front of referee

LOVEGAA

And if you look on Laois today you will see how classy Camross really are.

Picture up of a snapchat that just about sums up what they are..

clonadmad

"Tooth fairy does what he likes when he likes,Boom 26"

Is the caption

LOVEGAA

Quote from: clonadmad on October 10, 2018, 12:43:07 PM
"Tooth fairy does what he likes when he likes,Boom 26"

Is the caption

That's the one.
Laois today have put up video now and funnily enough the Camross comments can't see anything wrong

Spillane

Jesus, just seen the snapchats. Shocking, my view has completely changed. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but to see players  mocking a great hurler and servant to Laois in this way is inexcusable.

ottoman

QuoteJesus, just seen the snapchats. Shocking, my view has completely changed. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but to see players  mocking a great hurler and servant to Laois in this way is inexcusable.

I have held back on commenting on this as usually when reports like this come out it takes a few days before we find out what actually happened. Now when I seen the video and see that "tooth fairy" snap its actually disgraceful. To actually brag about putting a man in hospital with a serious facial injury in beyond belief. Laois hurling back in dark times after days like Sunday.

Laoiseabu

Camross have a tradition for being a tough breed . But that mocking incident involving the "tooth fairy" is very cowardly . What happens on the pitch should stay on the pitch. I'd love to know what some of the Camross greats like pj Cuddy, Martin Cuddy , Frank Keenan and Matty Collier would think of that mockery .

LOVEGAA

Quote from: Laoiseabu on October 10, 2018, 03:08:04 PM
Camross have a tradition for being a tough breed . But that mocking incident involving the "tooth fairy" is very cowardly . What happens on the pitch should stay on the pitch. I'd love to know what some of the Camross greats like pj Cuddy, Martin Cuddy , Frank Keenan and Matty Collier would think of that mockery .

Tough is fine.  This went beyond and then the mockery and bragging after.  Sickening carry on

Do you honestly think anyone in Camross cares ?

Laoiseabu

Now that u mentioned it I think your right . I don't say they would actually see anything wrong with it . Would they ?

LOVEGAA

Quote from: Laoiseabu on October 10, 2018, 03:17:33 PM
Now that u mentioned it I think your right . I don't say they would actually see anything wrong with it . Would they ?

I honestly dont think so .
It's brought Laois hurling to a new low and leaving a very bad taste.

redsetanta

Two wild pulls by the number 7 and from what I can see it was him that also stuck the butt of the hurl into Kings face.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

LOVEGAA

I'm just after seeing a picture of 3 lads making a mockery of king.

So disappointed to see Dwane Palmer taking part in this mockery considering he plays county with Ross King. How dis- respectful.

Not at all surprised to see Dooley doing it because of course he's the hero now