Club Hurling

Started by BallyroanAbbey, April 16, 2017, 11:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad Mentor

If Ciaran Collier or Zane Keenan been taken out of the game so cynically at the same point of the game would Camross be champions? I seriously doubt it. Shane Dollard was also stood on while on the ground which probably contributed to him having to leave the field. I'm sure it won't bother some of the Camross support, but there must be many who feel a bad taste in their mouth afterwards.
As regards the referee, if you fail to use the officials on the day with you, you have to accept the criticism you will inevitably get. It is a tough job, but in this instance there was support from his linesman and fourth official to assist his decision and for whatever reason he chose to ignore them.
Eddie Brennan must be wondering what he has let himself in for.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Behindthefence on October 08, 2018, 09:03:10 AM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on October 08, 2018, 07:37:52 AM
Quote from: merman on October 07, 2018, 08:13:03 PM

This is it exactly. Fewer clubs will bother trying to standalone. Which is fewer clubs bothering their arse to work hard at juvenile level, we can't afford this. As far as I can see, The Harps have done everything right with this group. They don't deserve to lose a showpiece final to a thrown together combo.
The next time The Harps aren't capable of competing at 'A' Level on their own, this makes it easier for them to decide to jump in with someone.

In the interest of bias, I can also remember The Harps/Clough Ballacolla hurling together one year in the Minor or U21 B!!!!!

For clarity Keyser this combo was not thrown together because they couldn't compete at B, without this combo the club's in question would not have been able to field teams. There was only 20 players on the panel combined. Last year Ballacolla won the B with a panel of just 17. What is the alternative if a club hasn't simply got the numbers to fulfil a team in one particular year???

The alternative is to use your U15s?

Are you seriously telling me that there are only 5 players in this huge area between the ages of 15 & 17 who are not involved in Development squads. (if the poster above is correct with his/her info?)
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on October 08, 2018, 04:42:50 PM

This is it exactly. Fewer clubs will bother trying to standalone. Which is fewer clubs bothering their arse to work hard at juvenile level, we can't afford this. As far as I can see, The Harps have done everything right with this group. They don't deserve to lose a showpiece final to a thrown together combo.
The next time The Harps aren't capable of competing at 'A' Level on their own, this makes it easier for them to decide to jump in with someone.

In the interest of bias, I can also remember The Harps/Clough Ballacolla hurling together one year in the Minor or U21 B!!!!!

For clarity Keyser this combo was not thrown together because they couldn't compete at B, without this combo the club's in question would not have been able to field teams. There was only 20 players on the panel combined. Last year Ballacolla won the B with a panel of just 17. What is the alternative if a club hasn't simply got the numbers to fulfil a team in one particular year???

Are you seriously telling me that there are only 5 players in this huge area between the ages of 15 & 17 who are not involved in Development squads. (if the poster above is correct with his/her info?)

Off the Top of my head

Mountrath would have 3 u15's on that squad.1 starter and 2 lads that are brought on

U15s that are hurling in B have a big leap
To make in minor A

Keyser Söze

I never said you had to be in the 'A'?
I don't think that dropping to 'B' level in the years you are short will destroy a club.

Difference of opinion/approach here. But I stand over mine.
The more often these 'arrangements' are successful on big days the fewer juvenile teams/clubs we will see in Laois, the lazier people will get about developing players, the smaller our playing base becomes.

clonadmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on October 08, 2018, 05:06:57 PM
I never said you had to be in the 'A'?
I don't think that dropping to 'B' level in the years you are short will destroy a club.

Difference of opinion/approach here. But I stand over mine.
The more often these 'arrangements' are successful on big days the fewer juvenile teams/clubs we will see in Laois, the lazier people will get about developing players, the smaller our playing base becomes.

What numbers had the 2 clubs to play apart and compete in a minor B championship?

It doesn't do a lot for the development of your normal 15 year olds playing minor as well as their other commitments,never mind the fixture clashes that are constantly taking place between 15s and minor in both codes

I'm all for long term amalgamations such as RE BK and RPG,if you are going to enter into a marriage of convience for want of a better phrase it should be for a minimum of 3 years,anything less shouldn't be even considered by the County Board

Keyser Söze

I find it hard to believe that U15 & u17 games were fixed clashing?
Do you think fellas should  only be playing one grade?
There aren't too many clubs in Laois who don't need to use a big chunk of the age group immediately below them to field teams

Ogie

I went on a rant here last year about Camross and their tactics, it's only got worse, their back winning and the suspensions (last year), bullying, abuse, & dirt are back, that's why their winning.

Back to that old school bull shit, hitting late after every ball, all the on field verbal abuse, the manipulating of officials,

Yesterday in that incident alone Dean Delaney, Niall Holmes & Darrel Dooley deserved a red card each,
Of course they don't give a shit and are laughing to themselves up in the hills tonight.

So many people from numerous different clubs coming out of O Moore park fuming yesterday.
Best wishes to Roddy for a speedy recovery.
How do we stop the 3 in a row?? They won't let good hurling or the better teams win out

LooseCannon

Would it have been a "Camross" thing that has influenced Shinrone verbally abusing players in the Offaly championship this year?
Making fun of players' wives, girlfriends, parents, some of which were deceased, mocking their deaths.
Sad.

Or is that below Camross' already low level.
On a side note, I'm happy for Danny Owens personally, and him only. He wouldn't be one to endorse such shite on a field of play.

LOVEGAA

Quote from: LooseCannon on October 08, 2018, 09:41:10 PM
Would it have been a "Camross" thing that has influenced Shinrone verbally abusing players in the Offaly championship this year?
Making fun of players' wives, girlfriends, parents, some of which were deceased, mocking their deaths.
Sad.

Or is that below Camross' already low level.
On a side note, I'm happy for Danny Owens personally, and him only. He wouldn't be one to endorse such shite on a field of play.

he might not endorse it but he saw what dooley was capable of before yesterday. If he's there next year we'll know.

rumour is out that Alan doheny has resigned. Don't know if true or not

Unlaoised

The camross defeat is shallow ...the 3 players in question should be ashamed i hope they get hammered in the leinster

A lepard never change his spots

Scum
LAOIS ABÚ

Behindthefence

Quote from: Keyser Söze on October 08, 2018, 04:42:50 PM

But they are using there u15s. 6 in total on the panel, 3 starters from Ballacolla. There is probably 2 more u15s that could be involved plus the 11 Ballacolla players on the panel is 13.

Downtheroad

Quote from: Unlaoised on October 08, 2018, 10:04:00 PM
The camross defeat is shallow ...the 3 players in question should be ashamed i hope they get hammered in the leinster

A lepard never change his spots

Scum
Spoke to a few people today at work and the word that came up more than once was  neanderthal which was used to describe Laois hurling. I think overall this was unfair as most clubs behave themselves as good if not better than in any other county. Since Delaney was  not booked, I think the county board should review the video evidence to see what role he played in the incident. 

redsetanta

The problem is it's being done and going unpunished so it happens again and again. Ross King is a fine hurler and a gentleman and doesn't deserve that. Always seems to be the same names too.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Jd

Back in the 80s and early 90s every club had certain fellas who could "look after"  a good player it seems  from comments  here that Camross  would appear  that have unearthed  one or two such players  again.  If refs are aware of them then it's easy enough  stamp out but the will doesn't  seem to be there.  I firmly believe that the county board  should  consider  withdrawing  our senior  hurling  representatives  from leinster and send a message  that this thuggery  will not be condoned  and let them f**k off back up the mountains  for the winter

LOVEGAA

Quote from: Jd on October 09, 2018, 08:39:41 AM
Back in the 80s and early 90s every club had certain fellas who could "look after"  a good player it seems  from comments  here that Camross  would appear  that have unearthed  one or two such players  again.  If refs are aware of them then it's easy enough  stamp out but the will doesn't  seem to be there.  I firmly believe that the county board  should  consider  withdrawing  our senior  hurling  representatives  from leinster and send a message  that this thuggery  will not be condoned  and let them f**k off back up the mountains  for the winter
[/quote

neither the refs or County board will do anything.

There is a duty of care to players and by God they have let Ross King down this time in spectacular fashion]