Dublin GAA

Started by mournerambler, July 15, 2007, 11:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: Denn Forever on July 16, 2007, 11:18:38 AM
Listening to it on thre radio, one ofthe pundits said that the referee hadhis hand raised indicating that he had seen a foul on the dublin player and he allowed advantage so that Dublin duely put it in the net.  Not having seen it, comments please.  If he did allow advantage, was a good use of advantage?  What are the rules in the rule book about advantage?  Is it there advantage in GAA?

Quote from: Star Spangler on July 16, 2007, 11:25:08 AM
That ref raises his hand to say "play on".  In other words - don't be looking for a free.  He did it throughout the game every time a player did a bit of rolling around looking for a free.

Rule 5.29 When a team commits an aggressive foul, the referee may allow play to continue if he considers it to be to the advantage of the offended team. Once he allows play to continue, he may not subsequently award a free for that foul. He shall apply the relevant penalty.

It doesn't say anywhere that he should put his hand up to indicate he's allowing an advantage. I don't think it's in any interpretation guidelines issued to refs either. AT least I don't see any other refs doing it.

It's a strange way to be carrying on if it's not in the rules and I can only assume he's copying soccer refs. In football, a player would naturally interpret the ref's hand in the air as signalling a free/stoppage – he might assume he hadn't heard the whistle, especially in a noisy atmosphere like yesterday's.

Stagmeister

Not that it really matters but Cullen took 8-9 steps not 11-12...dunno how he got away with it cause he was basically running in a straight line too....

Did anyone think that in the lead up to the Laois goal that Cullen should have had a free out before being penalised for over carrying?? I thought he should have but I was on the hill so was a good bit away...

Actually Mulligan did overcarry for his goal against Dublin...just looked at the youtube clip there...he took bout 9 steps as well at the start of the move...doesnt look as blatant as Cullens because he was turning as he took the steps...

So you win some and you lose some thats the way it goes

Such a retarded thread anyway you see players from every county get away with overcarrying the ball week in week out

The Real Laoislad

I wouldn't have to many grievenaces about the Cullen run as we got away with two clear goals for Longford and Wexford..These things even themselves out over a season
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Billys Boots

QuoteThese things even themselves out over a season

Not for Longford they don't!  ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Tankie

Quote from: Billys Boots on July 16, 2007, 01:33:50 PM
QuoteThese things even themselves out over a season

Not for Longford they don't!  ::)

Thats true, poor auld longford!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Billys Boots

QuoteThats true, poor auld longford!

Your day will come too, and I'll be here.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 16, 2007, 09:28:15 AM
Cullen learned from the master - Ciaran Duff in the Leinster final agin Meath in, what, 1989 or so. Ran about 400 yards without soloing and then buried it in the back of the net.

pah, sure thats nothing
Mikey Sheehy NEVER soloed the ball in his entire Kerry Career - spanning 24 years and 142 goals and  8876 points

:D

Captain Scarlet

You always get the run of it if you are shooting especially for goals although cullen was on the edge all day even after the goal.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

orangeman

Cos Mickey Hughes should have packed it in a long time ago, that's why - he's crap - he loves himself and may even have dreamed this up so that we would all be talking about him - vanity or what ? crap or what ? Mickey - do us all a favour and pack it in !

Hardy

Since we're asking cryptic questions and pondering mysteries of the GAA:

I went over to gaa.ie to check the scores in last year's football quarter finals. They included this one:

Dublin 1-12 Antrim 0-08.

Does anyone remember this game? Where and when was it played? Was it behind closed doors in case Westmeath found out? What would have happened if Antrim had won? If I made up my own set of fantasy results would gaa.ie publish it and change the official record?  AIF 2006: Meath 2-14 Kerry 0-05. Meath captained by Hardyarse the Fiddler. Where do I collect my medal?

Hollow Man

QuoteSad lads , very very sad . The ref is out to gets yous ,and want to keep the dubs in in , hense why Collins blew for step and other crap non stop against offaly . Pull the other one

Gnevin, take the extra five seconds to make sure your post is readable in future.

Good lad. ;)

Tankie

Quote from: Hollow Man on July 16, 2007, 06:33:14 PM
QuoteSad lads , very very sad . The ref is out to gets yous ,and want to keep the dubs in in , hense why Collins blew for step and other crap non stop against offaly . Pull the other one

Gnevin, take the extra five seconds to make sure your post is readable in future.

Good lad. ;)

Quite readable really. pretty much states that this thread is a load of bollox! you culchies really need to get out more! ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Hollow Man on July 16, 2007, 06:33:14 PM

Good lad. ;)

It must be some sort of secret Hill 16 Dialect
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

Does anybody really get offended when they are called a "culchie"?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 16, 2007, 06:46:12 PM
Does anybody really get offended when they are called a "culchie"?

Doesn't bother me..Im actually a Dulchie though....A culchie living in Dublin
You'll Never Walk Alone.