U20 All Ireland football championship 2021

Started by Blowitupref, February 03, 2020, 04:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Great win for Galway considering the amount of first choice players they were without.

FT Galway 1-15 Kerry 1-10.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GalwayBayBoy

That was a mighty win and an unexpected one given the players we were missing. I know Kerry had their own absences.

Ducky not sure yet if any of the missing players will be available for the final.

galwayman

Great win. There was only one team in it in the second half.

GalwayBayBoy

Would the conditioning of the Kerry side be in question there? Seemed like the longer the game went on that Galway had the legs on them. Some very tired lazy tackling from their backs in particular.

Weird to think that their dominance at minor hasn't translated into U-20 at all.

Sionnach

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 17, 2020, 05:41:01 PM
That was a mighty win and an unexpected one given the players we were missing. I know Kerry had their own absences.

Ducky not sure yet if any of the missing players will be available for the final.

Galway deserving winners on the day, but not an unexpected win at all given that Kerry were missing even more likely starters than Galway, and the majority were only ruled out the day before the game which would have been hugely disruptive. 

Galway were solid in defence, had impressive free-taking accuracy and finished much stronger - possibly Kerry didn't have the options to bring on that they would have expected to have.  Thought Kerry gave the ball away too easily with a lot of the possession they won and didn't get a good enough supply to their danger men. 

Angelo

Both Dublin and Galway seemed to have the legs on Tyrone and Kerry today.

Would fancy Dublin to win it, they seemed to be the most physical and athletic of all the teams involved today.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

dublin7

Quote from: Angelo on October 17, 2020, 06:17:27 PM
Both Dublin and Galway seemed to have the legs on Tyrone and Kerry today.

Would fancy Dublin to win it, they seemed to be the most physical and athletic of all the teams involved today.

Ciaran Archer carrying on the ability he showed at minor level. Dubs kicked some lovely points towards the end to pull away. Tyrone didn't have the same threat in their forward line

galwayman

Quote from: kerryforsam20 on October 17, 2020, 02:46:05 PM
Will be Tyrone/Kerry final. We should beat Galway handy enough. Tyrone will be tough in final. Young Cananavan looks a handy footballer.
This hasn't aged too well

GaillimhIarthair

Delighted with that win and the overall display in general.  Real pity both teams were a good bit under strength on the day.  Hopefully a few of the absentees will be available for the final next weekend, if it goes ahead of course.

Manning18

Quote from: Sionnach on October 17, 2020, 05:51:02 PM

Galway deserving winners on the day, but not an unexpected win at all given that Kerry were missing even more likely starters than Galway, and the majority were only ruled out the day before the game which would have been hugely disruptive. 

Were they? Not sure of numbers exactly and obviosuly losing Walsh for the second half was big, but if you were to pick the 5 top Galway lads this time last week, 4 of them were missing today through covid/injury.

Given all that, the lads can be very proud of themselves. Thought the 2 midfielders stood out. Essential that the Tierney injury at the end doesn't keep him out of next week

larryin89

Well done Galway , a fantastic performance and more so when you consider the players unavailable. Hope ye win it now
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Hound

Anyone able to pull up the list of Dublin v Galway U21 finals?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hound on October 17, 2020, 07:53:50 PM
Anyone able to pull up the list of Dublin v Galway U21 finals?

2002   Galway 0–15   Dublin 0-7
2017   Dublin 2-13   Galway 2-7

Dublin are a new phenomena to this competition. Since the money got involved they have been quite successful!

Hound

FTB, when you reply to me all I see is 'You are ignoring this user'

It's only because you are a complete fuckwit who can't stop crying anytime Dublin wins, so don't take it personally, but I don't see anything you post.  I was taking to people who don't be roaring and crying.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hound on October 17, 2020, 08:17:08 PM
FTB, when you reply to me all I see is 'You are ignoring this user'

It's only because you are a complete fuckwit who can't stop crying anytime Dublin wins, so don't take it personally, but I don't see anything you post.  I was taking to people who don't be roaring and crying.

Ok, What should I say. Dublin had no real history of success in this competition in the 20th Century.  But the volunteer movement of the 21st Century coupled with a wave of a once in a generation group of players seen them excel in this competition from nowhere and claim a significant number of Leinster and All Ireland titles.

(despite yourself, you will still end up reading this)