The definitive list of disgraceful refereeing performances favouring Kerry

Started by Angelo, September 01, 2019, 05:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

The usual suspects defending the indefensible as usual.

Sweep, sweep.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

imtommygunn

Quote from: Angelo on September 14, 2019, 06:43:44 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on September 14, 2019, 06:40:50 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 14, 2019, 06:38:52 PM
I had a feeling this was coming ;D

To be fair he has a point with this one

I've a point with all of them. To beat Kerry you have to be at least 6 points better than them.

You do have some valid points. You don't have as many as you think you do though and then when people don't perceive every point/opinion as fact you deem them as prejudice too which doesn't exactly help your case ;D

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Lane toned it down in the second half bit the first half yesterday was a scandal.

Dublin didn't get one free from scoring range yesterday despite all the fouling that was going on, particularly off the ball. The only point Rock got from a placed ball was a 45. When has that ever happened with Dublin before?

It baffles me how it took Stephen O'Brien until near the end of the game to get a yellow card. He must have committed 15 fouls by that stage.

A lot is made about Donor Buckley being a great coach and how he teaches his teams how to tackle. What he teaches his teams is how to tactically foul teams on a consistent basis. It was the same with Mayo when he was there but it's ramped up another level with Kerry. Fair enough if you can get away with it but it's not even subtle at this stage. O'Shea, O'Sullivan and O'Brien have spent over 200 minutes hanging off opponents for the past threegames in full view of the referee and it's been by and large ignored.

The favouritism Kerry receive from referees is beyond a joke at this point, it's being going on for years.

imtommygunn

The second half more than balanced the first half though. You pulled the line that Paul Geaney was allowed too many steps in the Tyrone game for the goal - well for dublin's 1-1 at the start of the second half they were both too many steps. There was a debatable penalty too .

Dublin were better team though and deserved to win but yesterday did more than balance out in the end.

Angelo

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 15, 2019, 09:34:29 AM
The second half more than balanced the first half though. You pulled the line that Paul Geaney was allowed too many steps in the Tyrone game for the goal - well for dublin's 1-1 at the start of the second half they were both too many steps. There was a debatable penalty too .

Dublin were better team though and deserved to win but yesterday did more than balance out in the end.

That is such nonsense, all Lane did was tone it down in the second half, Kerry were still getting the rub of decisions in that half so you'd need to have some green and gold tinted spectacles to think that was a leveller.

He could have been pulled for steps, certainly but he had also been tugged back prior to the goal.

I take it the penalty you are referring to is the one that should have been given against Tom O'Sullivan at the end of the first half, much like the one that should have been given against O'Sullivan in the first game? I can't recall any penalty incident involving Kerry.

Given the amount of incessant fouling Kerry were committing on Mannion, O'Callaghan and Kilkenny, it's unbelievable that Dublin did not get a free inside the 45 yard line against Kerry in about 80 minutes of action.

Dubhaltach

Quote from: Angelo on September 15, 2019, 09:05:27 AM
Lane toned it down in the second half bit the first half yesterday was a scandal.

Dublin didn't get one free from scoring range yesterday despite all the fouling that was going on, particularly off the ball. The only point Rock got from a placed ball was a 45. When has that ever happened with Dublin before?

It baffles me how it took Stephen O'Brien until near the end of the game to get a yellow card. He must have committed 15 fouls by that stage.

A lot is made about Donor Buckley being a great coach and how he teaches his teams how to tackle. What he teaches his teams is how to tactically foul teams on a consistent basis. It was the same with Mayo when he was there but it's ramped up another level with Kerry. Fair enough if you can get away with it but it's not even subtle at this stage. O'Shea, O'Sullivan and O'Brien have spent over 200 minutes hanging off opponents for the past threegames in full view of the referee and it's been by and large ignored.

The favouritism Kerry receive from referees is beyond a joke at this point, it's being going on for years.

Maybe that doesn't happen Dublin too often because they are used to having having shite referees who always give the free to the man in possession (most intercounty referees fall into this bracket), the Dubs tend to get frustrated when they get decent referees like Gough and Lane who actually allow defenders to tackle. You can't have Smiley Deegan or Dublin Joe every day I suppose!

Lane had a decent game overall although he possibly should have given a black card to O Callaghan for the pull down that prevented a clear Kerry goal scoring opportunity.

And spare us the 'holier than thou' shite about Kerry holding/fouling off the ball as if the Dubs weren't masters at that themselves!