Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

So much for my theory of Jose keeping it as close to the same 11 as possible. Just the 4 changes in the back four  ;D. Young, Linderof, Smalling and Blind all in, admittedly I'd forgotten about the suspensions.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Comfortable win, good to see Fellaini play so well after the managers outrageous slur against him at the weekend  ;)

Avondhu star

Quote from: Boycey on September 11, 2017, 07:05:54 PM
I think ye are seeing something that's not there personally. It was a draw away to Stoke hardly Armageddon ffs. Hughesey is pretty spikey and has plenty of history with opposition  managers... Jose knows how to stir up the media when needed but was there any need for deflection after that result? Hardly

Why even discuss this little spat when you could be laughing at Liverpool?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

magpie seanie

Great choice of captain last night.  :o And then criticises the players for playing "PlayStation football" after going 2-0 up?

It's a bloody soap opera.

johnneycool

Quote from: Boycey on September 12, 2017, 09:56:38 PM
Comfortable win, good to see Fellaini play so well after the managers outrageous slur against him at the weekend  ;)

The much berated Fellaini comes up with the goods again.

Boycey

Quote from: johnneycool on September 13, 2017, 09:11:23 AM

I like big Fellaini, one thing about him he never hid no matter what flak came at him both from Utd supporters and opposition ones. He's not the greatest footballer in the world but I think he became the poster boy for all Utds post Ferguson woes

Milltown Row2

In fairness to the big clown he has acquitted himself well !

Hopefully get a win in the next match and not have the worry of missing out in the knockout stages!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stew

Quote from: Boycey on September 13, 2017, 08:05:54 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on September 13, 2017, 09:11:23 AM

I like big Fellaini, one thing about him he never hid no matter what flak came at him both from Utd supporters and opposition ones. He's not the greatest footballer in the world but I think he became the poster boy for all Utds post Ferguson woes

The players love him and the fans are coming around on him, I think he is a fine squad player and is a better technical player than most in that or any other squad in England.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 13, 2017, 08:35:43 AM
Great choice of captain last night.  :o And then criticises the players for playing "PlayStation football" after going 2-0 up?

That's what you get with this arrogant dick as manager!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

NAG1

Quote from: stew on September 14, 2017, 12:23:34 PM

Nothing wrong with Pogba being captain in the absence of Valencia, he is trying to encourage him to step up more. His form is massively improved and improving and bit extra responsibility do him no harm either.

Nor was he wrong when he said that they went to sleep for a period after the second goal, how many times has it happened in previous seasons where they have switched off and conceded stupid goals in that period, leading to silly draws. Also does no harm for the players to know that they are expected to be 100% for all of the game not for 75% of it.

I dont see anything wrong with either, but it seems that the manager isnt going to popular with anything that he does with some folk.

magpie seanie

Quote from: NAG1 on September 14, 2017, 01:46:34 PM

Nothing wrong with Pogba being captain in the absence of Valencia, he is trying to encourage him to step up more. His form is massively improved and improving and bit extra responsibility do him no harm either.

Nor was he wrong when he said that they went to sleep for a period after the second goal, how many times has it happened in previous seasons where they have switched off and conceded stupid goals in that period, leading to silly draws. Also does no harm for the players to know that they are expected to be 100% for all of the game not for 75% of it.

I dont see anything wrong with either, but it seems that the manager isnt going to popular with anything that he does with some folk.

I'm sorry but that's ould rubbish. Pogba will never be captain material.....doesn't have the head for it. He needs a good captain to keep him on the straight and narrow....a leader he aint.

NAG1

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 14, 2017, 02:53:00 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 14, 2017, 01:46:34 PM

I'm sorry but that's ould rubbish. Pogba will never be captain material.....doesn't have the head for it. He needs a good captain to keep him on the straight and narrow....a leader he aint.

I didnt say he was going to be captain long term, but throwing it to him in a home game that they should comfortably win to me makes sense.

Don Johnson

Quote from: stew on September 11, 2017, 12:41:45 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 11, 2017, 10:25:43 AM
Hughes acted the root so Mourinho was right to ignore him.

No he didn't, he simply wanted the rules to apply to Mourinho like they do everyone else, he left his technical area and made it about him, Hughes put manners on him, the fact is he is the manager of Manchester united, he should be man enough to stick his paw out at the end of the game.

I dealt with a cheating wee **** in Wisconsin for about 15 years, this man was playing overage players against my team for years, even when we caught him out he would walk right through the sanctions imposed, even though he wrecked tournaments etc, when he managed to beat my teams I grit my teeth and shook his hand and muttered too good or words to that effect, when we beat him despite his cheating he would f**k off ten minutes before the end of the game to not be associated with a loss, especially to me.

Mourinho meeds to shake the managers hand at the end, you can fight after in the lounge if you like but the sporting thing to do is to man up and stick your paw out even though, at that moment you want to strangle the hoor.

You noble bastard.

Boycey

Pogba or Bailly will be the next long term Utd captain, probably Pogba I'd say.. it'll be the making of him..