Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Good game came from behind and Got a draw when a win wouldn't have been undeserved..

Haven't the best of results at that ground...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 09, 2017, 07:57:48 PM
Good game came from behind and Got a draw when a win wouldn't have been undeserved..

Everyone tends to struggle at the Brittania so a draw is not the worst result. Poor from Jones and Bailly for the 2 goals. Jose won't be pleased so expect to see  Lindelof or  Smalling back on Tue.  Almighty save from De Gea at 2-2. 

Boycey

Quote from: StGallsGAA on September 10, 2017, 07:01:17 PM

Everyone tends to struggle at the Brittania so a draw is not the worst result. Poor from Jones and Bailly for the 2 goals. Jose won't be pleased so expect to see  Lindelof or  Smalling back on Tue.  Almighty save from De Gea at 2-2.

I think the save was at 2-1? I highly doubt he'll replace either of his centre backs for Tues, Jose generally works with a pretty tight squad and I can't see him change things up for the 1st Champions League fixture. There's a Home League game followed by a home League Cup (or whatever the f**k it's called now) game and I'd expect changes maybe for those games..

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Boycey on September 10, 2017, 07:18:19 PM

I think the save was at 2-1? I highly doubt he'll replace either of his centre backs for Tues, Jose generally works with a pretty tight squad and I can't see him change things up for the 1st Champions League fixture. There's a Home League game followed by a home League Cup (or whatever the f**k it's called now) game and I'd expect changes maybe for those games..

Jones and Bailly are suspended for that opening champions league game i think

StGallsGAA

Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 10, 2017, 07:34:54 PM
Quote from: Boycey on September 10, 2017, 07:18:19 PM

Jones and Bailly are suspended for that opening champions league game i think

You're right, Jones is def out.  Is Bailly still suspended?  Men have done less time for manslaughter!

magpie seanie

No comments on the manager making a dick out of himself yet again? He's a disgrace.

NAG1

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 11, 2017, 08:16:23 AM
No comments on the manager making a dick out of himself yet again? He's a disgrace.

Why what did he do?

Milltown Row2

No shaking hands? Sure Sparky has form with that, he even said so himself, that's the 3rd or 4th manager not to shake his hand, plus he pushed Jose during the game... disgrace is a bit much
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 11, 2017, 09:03:52 AM

No shaking hands? Sure Sparky has form with that, he even said so himself, that's the 3rd or 4th manager not to shake his hand, plus he pushed Jose during the game... disgrace is a bit much

Yeah I thought he had done something else there to merit that post. I dont give one monkeys whether he shakes hands with another manager or not, he had enough about him to shake hands with all the back room staff etc if he doesnt want to shake hands with MH thats his call. Hardly worth getting worried about.

nrico2006

Hughes acted the root so Mourinho was right to ignore him.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

stew

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 11, 2017, 10:25:43 AM
Hughes acted the root so Mourinho was right to ignore him.

No he didn't, he simply wanted the rules to apply to Mourinho like they do everyone else, he left his technical area and made it about him, Hughes put manners on him, the fact is he is the manager of Manchester united, he should be man enough to stick his paw out at the end of the game.

I dealt with a cheating wee **** in Wisconsin for about 15 years, this man was playing overage players against my team for years, even when we caught him out he would walk right through the sanctions imposed, even though he wrecked tournaments etc, when he managed to beat my teams I grit my teeth and shook his hand and muttered too good or words to that effect, when we beat him despite his cheating he would f**k off ten minutes before the end of the game to not be associated with a loss, especially to me.

Mourinho meeds to shake the managers hand at the end, you can fight after in the lounge if you like but the sporting thing to do is to man up and stick your paw out even though, at that moment you want to strangle the hoor.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magpie seanie

Absolutely and I'm sure all pre-planned to deflect from a pretty shabby result. Then some ridiculous comments about it being "a game for Fellaini" - again no doubt pre-planned to explain away the result. Doesn't matter that it's a bit of a slur on one of his own players as well as grossly inaccurate.

I hope he sorts the defence out before United have to play good sides. DeGea is the best keeper in the world but the back 4 all look shaky - individually and collectively. Matic and Lukaku are great additions but the same issues remain at the back.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: stew on September 11, 2017, 12:41:45 PM
I dealt with a cheating wee **** in Wisconsin for about 15 years, this man was playing overage players against my team for years, even when we caught him out he would walk right through the sanctions imposed, even though he wrecked tournaments etc, when he managed to beat my teams I grit my teeth and shook his hand and muttered too good or words to that effect, when we beat him despite his cheating he would f**k off ten minutes before the end of the game to not be associated with a loss, especially to me.

Maroon Manc

Mourinho doing what he does best, United were average on Saturday and everybody comes away from the game talking about him instead of the performance.

If he'd known how negative Stoke were going to be in the first half I doubt he'd have picked Herrera. It was disappointing to draw after going ahead, the two goals we conceded were very poor. Lack of a proper left back continues to be a problem, Darmain offer nothing going forward.

I'd expect 86/87 points to win a title this season, would expect United to get North of 80 but not sure whether it will be enough to win the title.

Boycey

I think ye are seeing something that's not there personally. It was a draw away to Stoke hardly Armageddon ffs. Hughesey is pretty spikey and has plenty of history with opposition  managers... Jose knows how to stir up the media when needed but was there any need for deflection after that result? Hardly