NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

David McKeown

Quote from: oakleaflad on January 03, 2023, 02:51:51 PM
Coolera Bears giving me some trimming in the 'A' final so I think we can safely call them the winners. Congrats to them!
'B' final has one team currently winning narrowly but Josh Allen and Singletary to play for the other team, so remains to be seen what will happen there.

Yeah I see Yahoo called it earlier as finished (which was why I posted earlier) but have now changed back to have me as a 94% favourite. So I have no idea what their plan is.  Obviously none of that really matters in the grand scheme of things.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

magpie seanie

Oakleaflad - I'd be as slow as anyone to tempt fate but think you're too far behind. You had a super season too. Thanks so much for running the competition....it's the first and best league I've played in since I first started in 2010. Finally my second title 10 years after my first and after losing 3 finals and two other semi finals since. I started 2-5 this season and I think at that point had 2nd highest points scored! It's a hard, hard competition to win. Very competitive so well done to all.

magpie seanie

Obviously all pales into insignificance when you see what happened Damar Hamlin last night. I hope he ends up being ok.

Oraisteach

First off, thanks to Oakleaflad for running the league yet again, and congratulations on a fine performance.

But special applause for the Coolera Bears who, after a 2-5 start, mounted a monumental 8-match win streak, squeaked past my county mate from Lurgan, and won the championship. 🍺🍺🍺

David McKeown

Again it doesn't matter but the NFL have announced the game will not be played this week so I cant see it being played at all although how they are going to work out the seedings is anyone guess.   

David McKeown

Most leagues seem to be letting the league administrator decide on one of the following.

Calling it with the scores as was when the game was postponed.

Running this week as the championship week

Accumulating points over a two week period

Using substitutes if available

Declaring a draw and sharing the positions.

So I guess it's over to you oakleaflad.

dec

Update from Yahoo

We understand Yahoo Fantasy Football managers are awaiting news regarding the postponed Week 17 matchup between the Cincinnati Bengals and Buffalo Bills. Our main concern is Damar's health at this time. Our thoughts are with Damar, his family and the Buffalo Bills. Considering these are unprecedented circumstances, we wanted to provide as much clarity as we can while awaiting the NFL's final decision on the game.

Here's what you need to know if you are competing in a season-long fantasy league with active playoffs:

Week 17 standings will update for now, but scoring updates will be applied once a decision regarding the Bills-Bengals game status is made by the NFL. Waivers will be processed as normal for leagues playing in week 18.
    Yahoo will be honoring the official NFL Gamebook for Week 17 by updating the stats and fantasy scores in our game to match the official record.
    If official NFL scoring changes impact the result of your Week 17 matchup, we will retroactively adjust Week 18 matchups to reflect the change.
    Payouts for Private and Public Prize Leagues will not be processed until a final decision is made by the NFL on the Bills-Bengals game status.
    League commissioners have the choice to make manual changes through their commissioner tools but we encourage commissioners to wait until the NFL makes a final decision on the game's status.
    If your league has any active Week 18 playoff matchups, you should set your lineup as usual.

oakleaflad

Quote from: dec on January 04, 2023, 02:35:27 PM
Update from Yahoo

We understand Yahoo Fantasy Football managers are awaiting news regarding the postponed Week 17 matchup between the Cincinnati Bengals and Buffalo Bills. Our main concern is Damar's health at this time. Our thoughts are with Damar, his family and the Buffalo Bills. Considering these are unprecedented circumstances, we wanted to provide as much clarity as we can while awaiting the NFL's final decision on the game.

Here's what you need to know if you are competing in a season-long fantasy league with active playoffs:

Week 17 standings will update for now, but scoring updates will be applied once a decision regarding the Bills-Bengals game status is made by the NFL. Waivers will be processed as normal for leagues playing in week 18.
    Yahoo will be honoring the official NFL Gamebook for Week 17 by updating the stats and fantasy scores in our game to match the official record.
    If official NFL scoring changes impact the result of your Week 17 matchup, we will retroactively adjust Week 18 matchups to reflect the change.
    Payouts for Private and Public Prize Leagues will not be processed until a final decision is made by the NFL on the Bills-Bengals game status.
    League commissioners have the choice to make manual changes through their commissioner tools but we encourage commissioners to wait until the NFL makes a final decision on the game's status.
    If your league has any active Week 18 playoff matchups, you should set your lineup as usual.
I'm going to wait it out and see what happens with the game. This league is just for fun with no money involved and both sides will be promoted.

David McKeown

If it assists I have no real preferred option. I got the enjoyment out of the competition and don't care about winning in the circumstances. I'd far rather lose and have Hamlin make a recovery than win and him not. My thoughts are with him. My wife's family experienced something very similar years ago when her uncle dropped dead on the pitch during an Irish league game. So I particularly hate to see things like this.

oakleaflad

Right folks who's back for another fantasy football season and does anyone new want to give it a go?

Capt Pat

Horse Box

Tipperary Dolphins Franchise 🐬 🏈 🐬 is interested !