2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: GAA-SMART on March 27, 2018, 12:33:43 PM
I see Laois GAA put up a video of past glories and how we are getting excited for the weekend lets take a reality pill folks  If anyone in Laois is getting excited about a Division 4 final they have very little to be worrying about. Its a shambles that Laois were ever in D4. Effectively scrapping past Carlow, London& Waterford along with conceeding 3 goals against Leitrim, Where is the ambition gone? Showing the videos of the past, being in D1 and Leinster Championships is ridiculous. Understand Laois on a road to recovery but I wont be celebrating a D4 win I can assure you. It is purely expected at minimum. Next year is where we start seeing where Laois are at, and the year after that, year after that...
Arrah would you f**k off you dry auld fecker. These players need to make their own history. Past glories in Laois are fleeting, we think we're this superpower in hibernation, we've spent far more time at the bottom of hill/halfway up than we have at the top. Not even an f**king All Ireland to our name. Jesus, where would we be got.

Butch Cassidy

Hope Sugrue goes with a full strength team and they use the wide open spaces of Croke Park to tear into Carlow. I'd like to see

Brody, Attride, Timmons, Farrell (sweeping), Piggott, Begley (holding the middle) Dillon, Johnno, Lilis, Glynn, P Kingston if fit, O'Reilly, Kingston, Walsh and Evan if fit

Any update on Conway, Quigley, Murphy, Damien O'Connor?

Tony

GAA Smart, we're not "getting excited" that we're in a league final. We're just pleased with the progress being made. True supporters will follow a team through thick and thin. We hit rock bottom last year, and we're pleased that we're on the way back up again. I hate that cynical attitude that a lot of ye have. Some good progress is being made and all involved deserve our support. We're all in this together as being part of the Laois GAA community. If they players had the same attitude some of ye have, half of them wouldn't have turned up this year as "it's only division 4". We'd be in some mess then. If you only support us and go to matches when we're managed by Micko and in Leinster finals, well you're not a true supporter really are you. We need all the support we can get Sunday and in this years championship. It really does make a difference when a game is tight. I've seen us lose in recent years when the other team has a 16th man cheering them on, outnumbering us by about 10 to 1. It's that kind of attitude that has us outnumbered.

Unlaoised

At least this thread is getting a nice bit of activity...

Come lads there must be more out there that Troll and have an opinion but can't be bothered writing it.

Its Division 4 we are where we are.

Its still a chance to win a trophy.

I for one will be there and i'm looking forward to it!
LAOIS ABÚ

Unlaoised

Quote from: Tony on March 27, 2018, 02:08:28 PM
GAA Smart, we're not "getting excited" that we're in a league final. We're just pleased with the progress being made. True supporters will follow a team through thick and thin. We hit rock bottom last year, and we're pleased that we're on the way back up again. I hate that cynical attitude that a lot of ye have. Some good progress is being made and all involved deserve our support. We're all in this together as being part of the Laois GAA community. If they players had the same attitude some of ye have, half of them wouldn't have turned up this year as "it's only division 4". We'd be in some mess then. If you only support us and go to matches when we're managed by Micko and in Leinster finals, well you're not a true supporter really are you. We need all the support we can get Sunday and in this years championship. It really does make a difference when a game is tight. I've seen us lose in recent years when the other team has a 16th man cheering them on, outnumbering us by about 10 to 1. It's that kind of attitude that has us outnumbered.

Might be better to go Saturday but I suppose if you wear blue and white you could get away with supporting Cavan :-) ;-)

Only Joking Tony!!!
LAOIS ABÚ

SCFC

Quote from: Butch Cassidy on March 27, 2018, 01:40:59 PM
Hope Sugrue goes with a full strength team and they use the wide open spaces of Croke Park to tear into Carlow. I'd like to see

Brody, Attride, Timmons, Farrell (sweeping), Piggott, Begley (holding the middle) Dillon, Johnno, Lilis, Glynn, P Kingston if fit, O'Reilly, Kingston, Walsh and Evan if fit

Any update on Conway, Quigley, Murphy, Damien O'Connor?
Quigley getting it very hard to shake off his injury. Doesn't sound good.

Giovanni

We hit rock bottom last year, and we're pleased that we're on the way back up again.

This is the crux of it. We are not playing any better this year than we did last year (and in some respects the performances are even worse). The fact that we're scraping a few victories against London and Waterford is not an indication of improvement.

Unlaoised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcdNumgT8m0

Four years ago ...Jesus we had some amount of chances in the first half and played some stuff...

Merdith Conway and Finn would be a boost to the ranks this year.....

Don't watch the second half!!! :-)

I think that might been Brody's debut I could be wrong!
LAOIS ABÚ

SCFC

I'd go;
Brody
Dillon Timmons Attride
Donoher
Strong Begley Collins
Lillis JOL
O'Reilly  P Kingston O'Carroll
D Kingston Walsh

redsetanta

Conway is fit and ready to go. Played the league game against Ballyroan last Saturday.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

Quote from: redsetanta on March 27, 2018, 03:35:58 PM
Conway is fit and ready to go. Played the league game against Ballyroan last Saturday.

Interesting did he do well he must be near a place on the panel

Booth is in contention as well for this weekend!

It could be a week too soon for Paul Kingston!
LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Not a bother.

Up to Sugrue I suppose if he see's fit to give him game time.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Tony

Quote from: Unlaoised on March 27, 2018, 02:21:36 PM
Might be better to go Saturday but I suppose if you wear blue and white you could get away with supporting Cavan :-) ;-)
If Cavan were playing that might be a good idea mate, they're playing the next day. It's us, carlow, armagh and fermanagh on sat. :P

justinn

BallyroanAbu

So your only a supporter if you put with any old crap thrown at you, listen to yourself the bandwagon is what this county needs.  I don't care when they started following Laois hopefully supporters do get carried away by a league final and are hungry for more success because if what's happened over the last few years is a qualification to be a supporter then you would want locking up.  Roll on the band wagon bring cash we need it.