Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie Nicks

Booked through Hotwire and got 3 nights in the Husa President Park Hotel for approx £160.
Seems a grand 4 star hotel in a more pleasant area of Brussels as far as I can see. Cheers. Lesson learnt about lastminute.com, some of the properties on there are suspect to say the least, needed to do more homework before jumping!

screenexile

Quote from: Stevie Nicks on October 08, 2019, 03:41:07 PM
Booked through Hotwire and got 3 nights in the Husa President Park Hotel for approx £160.
Seems a grand 4 star hotel in a more pleasant area of Brussels as far as I can see. Cheers. Lesson learnt about lastminute.com, some of the properties on there are suspect to say the least, needed to do more homework before jumping!

Nice one enjoy!!!

delgany

It's a long enough journey from  airport to Brussels central station but regular connections. ( Not sure of train link ) Got a link bus , cost €35 return.
Bruges definitely a one day tour by train
Brussels a busy spot  enough to do and see
Food is not that spectacular
Louvren nice day visit with a great town square  of pubs
Drinking culture is very enjoyable !

nrico2006

Anybody know much about passport validity?  I am planning to go to Spain for a week in June from Belfast (on Irish passport).  My passport expires 2.5 months later - will this be fine?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 13, 2020, 04:18:18 PM
Anybody know much about passport validity?  I am planning to go to Spain for a week in June from Belfast (on Irish passport).  My passport expires 2.5 months later - will this be fine?

You have 30 days (Recommendation 90 days I believe).

armaghniac

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on January 13, 2020, 05:08:27 PM

An Irish passport is valid for any length of stay in Spain, or elsewhere in the EU, to the date of its expiry.
Any limits like the above would only apply to a devalued British one.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

PMG1

Heading to Porto in March for a long overdue weekend break with the good lady, anyone been there and have any recommendations for things to do, places to eat etc

The Gs Man

Anybody been to Centreparcs Ireland?

Any use?  Expensive? 
Keep 'er lit

nrico2006

Quote from: armaghniac on January 13, 2020, 05:37:13 PM

An Irish passport is valid for any length of stay in Spain, or elsewhere in the EU, to the date of its expiry.
Any limits like the above would only apply to a devalued British one.

Thanks, I was under the assumption that it would be fine but was just looking to check. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tbrick18

Quote from: The Gs Man on January 14, 2020, 08:17:29 AM

Any use?  Expensive?

I booked 4 days in it this summer.
I'm told it's very good, the reviews are very good and the pictures on the site look very good.
Expensive, yes indeed. Check out the price of bike hire on their site, adult bike was 50euro a day with kids 30euro I think it was! There are 8 of us going....280euro to hire out bikes for a day.

lurganblue

Quote from: tbrick18 on January 14, 2020, 10:00:31 AM
Quote from: The Gs Man on January 14, 2020, 08:17:29 AM

Any use?  Expensive?

I booked 4 days in it this summer.
I'm told it's very good, the reviews are very good and the pictures on the site look very good.
Expensive, yes indeed. Check out the price of bike hire on their site, adult bike was 50euro a day with kids 30euro I think it was! There are 8 of us going....280euro to hire out bikes for a day.

Going in July myself.  Can even bring the dog with us!  Expensive surely. I had a friend who brought the family to it over Christmas.  Said it was great.

The Gs Man

Bit late to ask I suppose since I've already a week booked in August, with the dog.

Will probably do a "big shop" which should hopefully save a few quid.

I agree, it does look great judging by the pictures/reviews online!
Keep 'er lit

screenexile

Was there last summer on one of the soft open weeks as my wife's company did some work on the place.

It's phenomenal. The accommodation is brilliant and finished to a very high standard. The Pool is out of this world and by far the best complex I've been in. Staff are very friendly as well. Cost wise it does look expensive we were able to get certain discounts because it was a soft opening but paying for the food/activities would not be cheap I'm sure.

I have 2 young kids and did the mini jet ski, katakanu, captains adventure, teddy bears picnic and the offroad explorers. They were all brilliant for them and very well run but you could easily not bother with many activities and do the pool twice a day it's that good.

Food/Drink is very expensive your best bet is to bring as much as you can with you. We went with my parents and ended up drinking in the house most nights. The amount of wasps round the place meant outside wasn't an option but maybe they've done something about it now hopefully anyway.

I've spoken to a few families that have been and they all agree it's brilliant and well worth it I can't imagine too many better family holidays in Ireland to be honest.

The Gs Man

Happy days, glad to hear it.

Were the activities an additional cost, or was that included?  I believe access to the pool is included in the price.

(I understand I could just go and google this somewhere, but better to hear first hand experience!)
Keep 'er lit

screenexile

Quote from: The Gs Man on January 14, 2020, 01:46:56 PM
Happy days, glad to hear it.

Were the activities an additional cost, or was that included?  I believe access to the pool is included in the price.

(I understand I could just go and google this somewhere, but better to hear first hand experience!)

Pool and slides are all free but anything else is extra like the activities I talked about. I can't remember what we paid and you can't access prices unless you have an active booking.