Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Johnson

Quote from: Under Lights on February 20, 2020, 12:55:12 PM
Have three kids
7, 5 and 2.

Looking to go to a Euro Camp this summer, has anyone done these before? Will be first time taking the kids abroad, sort of want a one stop shop where everything on location.

Done a couple in France (La Baume, La Croix du Vieux Pont) which were both very good in their own ways but last year done Bella Italia at Lake Garda and it was the best of the lot. Loads to do on site, loads of reasonable restaurants, you are right at the lake too where you can swim, hire a boat, pedalo etc. The town itself Peschiera is only a short walk by the lake. Gardaland theme park is only about 10-15 mins drive away too it is class, your ones would love it. We got the annual passes so we could come and go to it all week, wasn't that much more dearer than paying to all go for one full day.

Under Lights

Anyone done Centre Parcs in Longford yet?

screenexile

Quote from: Under Lights on February 25, 2020, 09:29:55 AM
Anyone done Centre Parcs in Longford yet?

It's been covered a few times but the main points are it's brilliant but expensive.

Bring your own bikes, don't eat out too often and spend a lot of time in the pool which is brilliant anyway.

square_ball

Jet2 cancelling flights and holidays to Spain including Canary Islands this morning. Does this effect anyone? I am due to go to Lanzarote 1st week of June with the wife and kids. Haven't a clue what way this leaves me now or even what to do. Cancel and lose the deposit or wait and see?

Solo_run

Quote from: square_ball on March 14, 2020, 11:07:00 AM
Jet2 cancelling flights and holidays to Spain including Canary Islands this morning. Does this effect anyone? I am due to go to Lanzarote 1st week of June with the wife and kids. Haven't a clue what way this leaves me now or even what to do. Cancel and lose the deposit or wait and see?

I think if airlines cancel flights you are entitled to a refund or reschedule.

I would suggest people start following Martin Lewis on Facebook/twitter/Instagram

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=540806539&ref=content_filter

Check out Martin Lewis on Twitter.
Founder @moneysavingexp, @mmhpi &(ish) @itvmlshow.

https://twitter.com/MartinSLewis?s=20

Website

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/martin-lewis-biography/

lurganblue

Wife was due to fly to the canarys with her friends today but decided it was best not to. Not all the friends agreed and some have went on ahead. Jet2 cancelled all their flights but they had a package that included easyJet flights. They go ahead. Has to take the financial hit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lurganblue on March 14, 2020, 12:51:42 PM
Wife was due to fly to the canarys with her friends today but decided it was best not to. Not all the friends agreed and some have went on ahead. Jet2 cancelled all their flights but they had a package that included easyJet flights. They go ahead. Has to take the financial hit

Both my kids hockey tour with school cancelled, doubt there will be refund but hey they are (so far) healthy!

Not expecting any refunds, not that I'm worried about that, just would have preferred that had the trip or it was deferred to a later date
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

Yeah a deferral option would have been nice.

Milltown Row2

The in-laws were booked for a cruise around the Gulf of Mexico, starting in Florida, has been cancelled by the cruise company, they weren't going till mid May!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 14, 2020, 02:54:23 PM
The in-laws were booked for a cruise around the Gulf of Mexico, starting in Florida, has been cancelled by the cruise company, they weren't going till mid May!

Will they get a refund?

Hopefully they will.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on March 14, 2020, 03:32:24 PM

Will they get a refund?

Hopefully they will.

Seems so, they'd have paid by credit card anyways so I'd assume they'll get that back.

I've holiday booked and paid for, Portugal end of July, friend paid it by credit card I paid him! Hopefully covered  :-[

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 14, 2020, 03:37:23 PM
Quote from: marty34 on March 14, 2020, 03:32:24 PM

Will they get a refund?

Hopefully they will.

Seems so, they'd have paid by credit card anyways so I'd assume they'll get that back.

I've holiday booked and paid for, Portugal end of July, friend paid it by credit card I paid him! Hopefully covered  :-[

Good stuff. I don't think anybody will be on holidays this summer - even in Ireland.

lurganblue

Update on this one is that the mates sat on a plane at the airport for about 3 hours before being told it is now cancelled. Hopefully a refund or deferral will follow.

playwiththewind1st

Flew back from Salzburg with Jet2.com this morning.  Got a text from them yesterday, saying everything would be going on time. All trains from Austria into Italy were suspended earlier in the week but, other than that, no real difficulties in travelling round Austria all week & into Munich yesterday.

manfromdelmonte

Just cancelled trip to France for start of July

Not worth worrying about it for the next 3 months