Tír Eoghain vs Cill Dara NFL 2008

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, January 13, 2008, 09:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

I agree woth FOSB - it is far too early for a post mortem on the entire season - but if I were MH I'd b sending a delegation to SON to get him out again - without Canavan, Mc Guigan, Cavlan and SON we have lost too many players who can't be replaced - certainly those who tried failed on Saturday night - no disrespect but the new boys simply aren't in the same league as the aforementioned players.

rrhf

Orangeman we fundamentally disagree on a lot of things howver I agree with you on this one.  Tyrone supporters need to picket SON house until he comes out to Tyrone training again. ;)
As for Tyrone.  I fear that we could have fallen back 20 years pre Cush and Canavan era with our forward line at the moment. 

orangeman

Jesus RRHF  I didn't realise we disagreed on so many things ????? I though we had a good relationship !  :-[ :-[ :-[ >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

ONeill

I see Mickey's still pinning his hopes on the old guard. From today's IN:

"I would be happy now if the likes of Sean Cavanagh, Brian Dooher, Brian McGuigan, Joe McMahon, Mickey McGee and Ryan McMenamin were back on board. If we had them and we got the same effort that went in tonight, then we would still be a force.''

If we had all of those back he has a point.

McConnell
McMenamin
McMahon
McGee
Harte
Gormley
Jordan
Cavanagh
Hughes
Dooher
McGuigan
Mulgrew
McCullagh
?
Mulligan

If that team lines out and stays fit I'd say we'll find out whether the hunger is still there.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

There'd be a mad hunger in McGuigan and that would spur the rest of the team on.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

But are there not a lot of IFS  in this scenario ? :(

ONeill

Quote from: orangeman on February 04, 2008, 12:08:49 PM
But are there not a lot of IFS  in this scenario ? :(

Yes, even with the minimum 6-game championship run, you'll get 2-3 key players injured.

However, In Mickey We Trust. Say it three times before meals and as a family at night.

orangeman

Along with SON who is also a scoretaker !

ziggysego

You need to get over your SON obsession orangeman....  ;)
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Maybe yer man in Datsun Donaghy's correct. Big Chewtobacco would be the man for the job at FF.

orangeman

Mulgrew is a very good player who knows where the posts are - did he get a trial with the seniors ?

Sorry about going on about SON Ziggy, but outside of him, I don't know where else we go. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on February 04, 2008, 11:50:53 AM
If we had all of those back he has a point.

McConnell
McMenamin
McMahon
McGee
Harte
Gormley
Jordan
Cavanagh
Hughes
Dooher
McGuigan
Mulgrew
McCullagh
?
Mulligan

If that team lines out and stays fit I'd say we'll find out whether the hunger is still there.

i think that teams a bit harsh on big Enda, who i think has been our best performer this year, surely he deserves to figure somewhere in the 1st 15?!!!

tyroneman

The difficulty we face has been evident for the best part of 4 years now, ever since 2003.

We need a MF partner for Sean. We scrapped around it to win in 2005 but to progress now we need a big 6ft 2 player to actually compete in the fielding stakes. Too often you see Devine looking here, there and everywhere for someone to kick out to in an attempt to avoid the big lads up the middle.

Up front SON was much more than just a point scorer. He took the heat off all the other forwards, just like Canavan did. With SON or PtG playing Mugsy was free to slip responsibility off his shoulders and just go out and play - when was the last time Mugsy delivered in a game without SON or PtG playing alongside him?

We also need a FB - the NFL will not be won this year - I wouldn't even care if we go down as along provided we solve the FB,MF and Forward problems for the Championship. To my mind McCarron needs to play the next 4 games in a row at FB and see how he fares - we all know what Block can do.

rrhf

Is it not high time we looked at Damian Mc Caul at no 3.  He has the height over Mc Carron.  An exceptional talent, Good do a job at 3 or at 6.  Fastest on the field and a great man marker.   

omagh_gael

any word on recovery time for sean cavanagh? just after watchin sam 05, real stirring stuff, goin to take an unbelievable effort to scale those heights anytime in near future, some of the football played that year was sensational, my own personal favourite score, brian mc guigans 1st point in AI final, dummies 2 kerry defenders hits it of the right foot from under the cusack splits the posts, hard to beat!!!