Kerry v Throne AIQF - Saturday July 1st

Started by Ciarrai_thuaidh, June 26, 2023, 07:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

People seem to be forgetting the 6 goal hiding we took before the championship in 2021. Therefore Tyrone have won 4 out of 5 against Kerry so far this decade.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: restorepride on June 26, 2023, 10:13:47 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on June 26, 2023, 07:37:37 PM
So...surely there's 100 pages in this one given the history!

It's funny, wouldn't half as confident as I was of a win going into the 2021 Semi final. But can see us winning if David Cliff, Seánie and Paudie are on song. Midfield area is the big concern for me. And who is going to mark Darragh Canavan. Tom Sull would normally take McCurry with Foley on Donnelly but Tom may need to take Darragh Canavan. Don't see another viable option.

Going to be interesting as always anyway!
Why do you have Tyrone on a 'Throne'?!  Freudian slip?!!!

Because that's how it sounds when a lot of people say it! To my ears anyway..
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Scoring Zone

Quote from: clarshack on June 26, 2023, 11:08:56 PM
People seem to be forgetting the 6 goal hiding we took before the championship in 2021. Therefore Tyrone have won 4 out of 5 against Kerry so far this decade.

Cant believe I forgot that - My bad!! thanks for correcting

Blowitupref

Quote from: thewobbler on June 26, 2023, 10:40:43 PM
Mayo showed how to play Kerry a month ago. Just accept that Clifford is going to get 7-10 scores. Don't worry about that, for it's inevitable. Just make sure everyone else gets on top of their opponent, and keep them on the back foot.

Tyrone are well fit for this, especially now Darragh Canavan has blossomed, and McCurry continues to put up big numbers in an oddly anonymous sort of way. Clifford is the best player I've ever seen, but two free scoring forwards is better than one.

Kerry was wide open defensively for that game the very opposite to what they were on route to winning the All Ireland last year maybe they haven't had time to correct those issues since but Mayo played against teams that was harder to break down after that Kerry match and scored 0-14,1-11 and 1-10.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Walter Cronc

Controversial opinion. Seanie Shea (as they like to call him) is hugely over rated (from open play). Tyrone will shut him down fairly easily. As for the other lad....where do ye even start!

Rawhide

Is Tally coaching Kerry this season?

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 27, 2023, 12:04:40 AM
Controversial opinion. Seanie Shea (as they like to call him) is hugely over rated (from open play). Tyrone will shut him down fairly easily. As for the other lad....where do ye even start!

Agree entirely re O'Shea
cccc is a true supporter lol

screenexile

By rights Kerry should be winning this handy. Tyrone with 2 wins out of 7 in the Cship against Fermanagh and half a Donegal team in disarray.

Having said that Kerry Tyrone games take on a life of their own and there's a slim chance they could win but I can't see it.

ClubScene13

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 26, 2023, 08:50:15 PM
This Kerry team is not as good as the 00's team, the presence of Clifford makes a massive difference but if he gets injured they fucked. Midfield likely be better if J Barry not on, he's good man marking Fenton but against most other opposition, he plays poor enough.

Jack Barry carving out a 7+ year career in the prestigious green and gold is a hard one to get the head around. BANG average, and provided a shocking mistake in 2021 for McKenna to rip the net. I give kerry the edge but feel a lot better heading down on Saturday in comparison to how I felt in 2021, and we just about nicked that one. Hopeful more than confident.

kickingmule

Thankfully Tyrone v Kerry game should be a cracker, I do believe in particular Tyrone bring a different dynamic and excitement of any the northern teams to croke pk, I wouldn't rate derry,Armagh too boring for my liking, mind ya monaghan can entertain and l would ove to see them have a cut.

AustinPowers

Ever since  that Westmeath free went inches wide  ,  I've had a bad  feeling  about Tyrone this year

They're  like that  Voldemort fella. You  need to really kill them  off, otherwise they could come back and  do the  unthinkable.

Aaron Boone

If Breffni Park had Hawkeye, J Heslin's score could well have been given. 

kickingmule

I think the refereeing standard in the westmeath v Tyrone game was outrageously disgusting where he kept westmeath in the game with a blatant penalty neck drag down, rewarded with yellow card  and free and numerous easy frees anywhere close to goal for westmeath, Tyrone could not buy a free that evening. That referee should  never be allowed to ref again.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Kerry couldn't beat us in the Championship in the Noughties, we couldn't beat them in the Tens, and this is now our decade again, with the Kingdom unable to turn us over in the Twenties.

Sin é.  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

RedHand88

Quote from: Walter Cronc on June 27, 2023, 12:04:40 AM

Not at all controversial. He wouldn't get on the Tyrone team.

rrhf

Quote from: clarshack on June 26, 2023, 11:08:56 PM
Yes let's not forget....I just think we should salute that the character and bravery shown by the covid 15 when facing unbelievable odds never mind go out and down the kingdom.