Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CK_Redhand

Ruari has such raw natural talent but is still not the finished article. Conor McKenna was mentioned earlier this week, Ruari is the closest we have to that ability. Hopefully himself and Daragh stay injury free and dominate for years to come.

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on June 23, 2023, 10:15:59 PM
FS, I've stuck the house on Donegal.

If you need a place to stay I've a spare room. Some performance, hope we get Derry next.

WT4E

Back to my mckenna point earlier in the week and the Meyler MOTM. I think that's why football is not as enjoyable anymore
.mangers and supporters seem to back the mundane reliable player as opposed to the maverick.

Give me the moment of genius from mckenna as opposed to the meyler talking about sleeping patterns any day of the week.

Anyway think we go to a semi now.

An Watcher

Every team has a mixture of the exciting and dull.  Each has an important role to play and one without the other is useless.  Fair play to Tyrone tonight on a very professional performance

Fuzzman

I agree. Team sport needs different types of players.
Look at Dooher and Stephen ONeill or Mugsy.
Saying that I'm delighted to see Ruairi Canavan in the starting lineup now. More scoring threat than Oguz, McGeary or Burns at half forward..

He is still young and inexperienced and took the wrong option today a few times but I'm really excited about the next few years with him, Darragh and Dazzler.
Mattie is showing us he's far from ready to hang up the boots just yet.
McKernan has become a very important player for us and is well able to kick a score.
I see if Mayo win tomorrow then Kerry have to either meet Tyrone or Monaghan so that will be some fun.

LeoMc

RedHand88

The Canavans. What else is there to say? If Tyrone get to a semi and Darragh puts in one more big performance he's in with an all star regardless of who wins the all ireland.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: WT4E on June 24, 2023, 10:53:27 PM
Back to my mckenna point earlier in the week and the Meyler MOTM. I think that's why football is not as enjoyable anymore
.mangers and supporters seem to back the mundane reliable player as opposed to the maverick.

Give me the moment of genius from mckenna as opposed to the meyler talking about sleeping patterns any day of the week.

Anyway think we go to a semi now.

Strange comment given Tyrone have a forward line with two canavans and McCurry. Plenty of excitement there. The likes of mattie, Harte etc aren't bad either. There's a lot more all round skill and flair to the team than the 95 team for example.

I don't care what meyler talks about either, he's a brilliant player. Can take s key opposition player out of the game while putting in huge shifts himself.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Agreed, Meyler should really have got footballer of the year in 2021, spent the summer shutting down the opposition's main men while also contributing further up the field. And one of the players who has maintained that form since. A great player!

Maybe Donegal weren't the best last night but a much better Tyrone performance. Hopefully we can give the next one a real go too and see what happens.

Mario

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 25, 2023, 12:54:55 AM
The Canavans. What else is there to say? If Tyrone get to a semi and Darragh puts in one more big performance he's in with an all star regardless of who wins the all ireland.
Before yesterday he was 11th place in scores from play in Championship. He's in with a shout but imo still behind Clifford and McGuigan. It all depends how the respective teams do.

Jerome

An Watcher

Bring on Derry, the dubs can wait

Quarterbackk

I hope we get the dubs - The one team we haven't managed to beat.  I think we can beat all the others. Still a bit worried about Quinn at 5 and Mc Geary at 11 but we look good everywhere else. Hon Tyrone

inroundthesquare

Quote from: Mario on June 25, 2023, 08:33:06 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on June 25, 2023, 12:54:55 AM
Before yesterday he was 11th place in scores from play in Championship. He's in with a shout but imo still behind Clifford and McGuigan. It all depends how the respective teams do.

Not really a fair stat as other teams have played more games and the likes of Con got to feast on weaker teams like Laois / Louth.
But all stars are usually based on the semis and final so would need to get there.

square_ball

Yeah all stars solely based on semi final and final. Shane Walsh prime example last year. Ok up to the final then had a performance of the ages and got the all star and in the running for player of true year based on 1 game. Canavan has been exceptional. I think he can get even better still.