Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

McShane wasn't tagged out on Sunday. No word at all whats up with him but I'd be highly doubtful he'll be seen for however long we've left in the championship.

Scoring Zone

Quote from: tyrone08 on June 19, 2023, 03:31:26 PM
Quote from: Scoring Zone on June 19, 2023, 03:20:01 PM
Saturday was really poor (Bar DC) - it was still a game where Tyrone looked to be holding back (not starting McCurry), but not seeing a 4 point advantage against a mid table division 3 side is pathetic, given the supposed standards they are holding themselves too, and I still think they are not as well conditioned as they have been in the past.

Ballybofey is where the excuses stop and everything with management, backroom and players will be laid bare and if they don't get a result against a basket case of a county then it will put us back a fair bit given the standards of the last two years, and Ballybofey could be the graveyard of the Tyrone management again. The one thing I spotted from the coverage was Doohers body language, hands in the pockets and arse against the railing - either fed up or nonchalant about the result, but only a few snapshots in coverage so could mean nothing.

Not a clue what to expect to be honest.

That's just dooher. You see him at it every game which can be a bit frustrating. Need a big target man to go alongside McCurry or darragh. Mcshane is ideal for that role.

Missing a few direct runners like mckenna did in 2021. This side way crap needs to stop. Run directly at defences and chances are you will get a score or get fouled for a free. No idea for the life of me why we don't do this.

Don't think we are holding anything back or trying not to show our hand, I thought that in 2022 and turns out we were just shit. Think it's the same this time.

Agree on target man - but McShane is not the answer, he's has shown too many times he can't do it, on the direct runners the most frustrating change was Oguz, the lad looks to be everything you want, big strong quick but taking him off to me was crazy, he needs to be given the benefit of the doubt if you are looking for him to develop

GaaGPT

Once mcShane gets back from injury and confidence back I would be playing him at 11 or 14. This man has a lot to offer us

Ancharraig123

You will more than likely have to wait until next year to see McShane playing 11 or 14 for Tyrone

marty34

Has Mc Shane got much game time since he decided to stay in Tyrone?

Is it either through injury or loss of form.

rrhf

Quote from: marty34 on June 20, 2023, 12:28:22 PM

Injured

NotedObserver

Quote from: rrhf on June 20, 2023, 02:51:34 PM
Quote from: marty34 on June 20, 2023, 12:28:22 PM

Injured

The first game in the McKenna cup he looked v sharp but think was never really injury free since. The loss of sluddens form/confidence has been a miss.

Morgan
Clarke
McNamee
Hampsey
Quinn
Burns
McKernan
Kennedy
Kilpatrick
Meyler
Canavan
Harte
McCurry
Donnelly
McGeary

KickItIn23

If Mc shane is anyway fit he has to be involved. Tyrone missing that presence in the forward line that he provides, even coming off the bench.

Fuzzman

Darragh Canavan's performance on Sunday reminded me of Peter in his day.
Taking men on, jinking this way then that. Able to turn off either foot and score.
He looks to be taking on a lot more responsibility for shooting this year and his haul of 10 points was very impressive.
With him and McCurry in top form we are probably all underestimating how lucky we are to have these two lads on such fine form.

Of course when you have one or two top scoring forwards, then others tend not so shoot as much and is probably why our half forward line hasn't been great so far. Was delighted to see Ruairi getting some game time and a few scores as well. He's still very young and inexperienced at this level of course.
I don't hold much hope for seeing McShane back this year either and think it's a combination of injuries and loss of confidence.

Sludden who I usually like and is worth a few scores also seems like a different player and doesn't seem to have the same energy or work rate as usual. Could it be his last season?
Mattie seems to have got himself back playing well again and seems to play all over the field.

I wonder will the management give up on M.O'Neill and go back to Burns? I am never that impressed with O'Neill.
I agree that our FB, MF and FF lines are quite strong but hopefully McGeary, Burns, Harte and Meyler can raise their games going into the knockout stages now.

I think we've a good starting 15 but our bench is very weak now compared to two years ago.
If we play to our potential and tighten up a bit at the back I think we can beat Donegal but I don't know would we beat Kerry, Dublin or Derry.

rrhf

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 20, 2023, 05:35:54 PM
Taking men on, jinking this way then that. Able to turn off either foot and score.
He looks to be taking on a lot more responsibility for shooting this year and his haul of 10 points was very impressive.
With him and McCurry in top form we are probably all underestimating how lucky we are to have these two lads on such fine form.

Of course when you have one or two top scoring forwards, then others tend not so shoot as much and is probably why our half forward line hasn't been great so far. Was delighted to see Ruairi getting some game time and a few scores as well. He's still very young and inexperienced at this level of course.
I don't hold much hope for seeing McShane back this year either and think it's a combination of injuries and loss of confidence.

Sludden who I usually like and is worth a few scores also seems like a different player and doesn't seem to have the same energy or work rate as usual. Could it be his last season?
Mattie seems to have got himself back playing well again and seems to play all over the field.

I wonder will the management give up on M.O'Neill and go back to Burns? I am never that impressed with O'Neill.
I agree that our FB, MF and FF lines are quite strong but hopefully McGeary, Burns, Harte and Meyler can raise their games going into the knockout stages now.

I think we've a good starting 15 but our bench is very weak now compared to two years ago.
If we play to our potential and tighten up a bit at the back I think we can beat Donegal but I don't know would we beat Kerry, Dublin or Derry.
Excellent post and sums it all up really. I do think you are being a bit hard on Mickey O Neill. He does a lot of unseen work..

armaghniac

And like back in the day he hasn't much else on the team around him.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

CK_Redhand

There was doom and gloom in 2021. Actually, every year as far as I can remember. Win and you're great, lose and you're shite.

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: armaghniac on June 20, 2023, 07:27:16 PM

Obsessed

tyrone08

Quote from: armaghniac on June 20, 2023, 07:27:16 PM

Wee Peter was enough for use on many an occasion

Tyrone2021

Quote from: Jerome on June 19, 2023, 08:51:02 PM
Quote from: 03,05,08 on June 19, 2023, 03:33:18 PM
Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on June 19, 2023, 02:49:23 PM
Obv we don't see what's going on in training - it's a selfish point of view here from a fans perspective - but we have a monster of a man in mcgleenan on the bench, why is he on the panel if we won't use him?

Jesus he's a colossus, in at 14 with one or both canavans and McCurry round him for the break, you'd imagine it's worth a try.

Would definitely give other teams something to think about. If it didn't work he could always be subbed off and revert to type.

Mc gleenan hasn't dominated in any club game I've seen him in as of yet, why would he be able to do it in county?

When did you see him playing for the club?
Mcgleenan has played against Carrickmore a few times now, always seems to be matched up against one of our stronger runners and is left chasing shadows. Don't think he's the answer