Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotedObserver

What do this weekend? Burns and mcgeary to return? Play canavans and mccurry?

omagh_gael

Burns played well when he came on I thought. We need to seriously sort out our press on kick outs. Westmeath continuously had an easy option on the 45 to collect thr ball under very little pressure. We could be destroyed off Patton's kick outs as we're not playing a sweeper.

Still think we'll beat Donegal, i was at the monaghan and donegal game and Monaghan were very poor and still should have beat them. Plua McCurry was warming up all game in front of me and looked to be moving well enough so hopefully should be good for this weekend.

sam03/05

McCurry had flu by all accounts
So should be back in good order

The Trap

No more tinkering.....play the best team. Donegal have improved so this is a 50/50 game. Maybe an Ulster Derby is what Tyrone need to spark a performance:
Morgan
Mckernan
McNamee
Hampsey
Quinn
Burns
Harte
Kennedy
Kilpatrick
Mcgeary
Daragh C
Meyler
McCurry
Donnelly
Ruairi C

BrotherMore6592

Obv we don't see what's going on in training - it's a selfish point of view here from a fans perspective - but we have a monster of a man in mcgleenan on the bench, why is he on the panel if we won't use him?

Jesus he's a colossus, in at 14 with one or both canavans and McCurry round him for the break, you'd imagine it's worth a try.

Would definitely give other teams something to think about. If it didn't work he could always be subbed off and revert to type.

CK_Redhand

R Canavan is below Daragh and McCurry in the pecking order.
McGleenan is below Mattie, Kennedy, Kilpatrick and Oguz.

I have yet to see any evidence that they should be starting. Believe the management can bring these young players through in their own time.

Scoring Zone

Saturday was really poor (Bar DC) - it was still a game where Tyrone looked to be holding back (not starting McCurry), but not seeing a 4 point advantage against a mid table division 3 side is pathetic, given the supposed standards they are holding themselves too, and I still think they are not as well conditioned as they have been in the past.

Ballybofey is where the excuses stop and everything with management, backroom and players will be laid bare and if they don't get a result against a basket case of a county then it will put us back a fair bit given the standards of the last two years, and Ballybofey could be the graveyard of the Tyrone management again. The one thing I spotted from the coverage was Doohers body language, hands in the pockets and arse against the railing - either fed up or nonchalant about the result, but only a few snapshots in coverage so could mean nothing.

Not a clue what to expect to be honest.

tyrone08

Quote from: Scoring Zone on June 19, 2023, 03:20:01 PM
Saturday was really poor (Bar DC) - it was still a game where Tyrone looked to be holding back (not starting McCurry), but not seeing a 4 point advantage against a mid table division 3 side is pathetic, given the supposed standards they are holding themselves too, and I still think they are not as well conditioned as they have been in the past.

Ballybofey is where the excuses stop and everything with management, backroom and players will be laid bare and if they don't get a result against a basket case of a county then it will put us back a fair bit given the standards of the last two years, and Ballybofey could be the graveyard of the Tyrone management again. The one thing I spotted from the coverage was Doohers body language, hands in the pockets and arse against the railing - either fed up or nonchalant about the result, but only a few snapshots in coverage so could mean nothing.

Not a clue what to expect to be honest.

That's just dooher. You see him at it every game which can be a bit frustrating. Need a big target man to go alongside McCurry or darragh. Mcshane is ideal for that role.

Missing a few direct runners like mckenna did in 2021. This side way crap needs to stop. Run directly at defences and chances are you will get a score or get fouled for a free. No idea for the life of me why we don't do this.

Don't think we are holding anything back or trying not to show our hand, I thought that in 2022 and turns out we were just shit. Think it's the same this time.

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on June 19, 2023, 02:49:23 PM
Obv we don't see what's going on in training - it's a selfish point of view here from a fans perspective - but we have a monster of a man in mcgleenan on the bench, why is he on the panel if we won't use him?

Jesus he's a colossus, in at 14 with one or both canavans and McCurry round him for the break, you'd imagine it's worth a try.

Would definitely give other teams something to think about. If it didn't work he could always be subbed off and revert to type.

Mc gleenan hasn't dominated in any club game I've seen him in as of yet, why would he be able to do it in county?

Jerome

Quote from: 03,05,08 on June 19, 2023, 03:33:18 PM
Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on June 19, 2023, 02:49:23 PM

Mc gleenan hasn't dominated in any club game I've seen him in as of yet, why would he be able to do it in county?

When did you see him playing for the club?

Tyrone11234

Anyone else seeing nothing in Quinn? Think he's a liability defensively and he's not great going forward. Didn't see the sense in starting Clarke either, sort of like they were expecting an easy win.

square_ball

I don't particularly rate Quinn either. A solid enough player but doesn't really stand out as making any real impact in games. Niall Devlin started most league games and now seems to be getting just a few minutes here and there now. U20s from last year not making any impact just yet bar R Canavan I suppose you could argue. They're all still young yet.

sam03/05

Westmeath should get a bit of credit too
They were the better team v Armagh and it took a lucky goal in 67th min for Armagh to win they lead the whole game, they were the better team v Galway and lead until they got the sending off. They won the Tailitan cup easily last year.

Redhand Santa

Yeah I do think part of the performance was down to a bit of Tyrone complacency and Westmeath being much better than people have given them credit for. Not helped by some harsh refereeing decisions. Still the management and squad need to take a good look at themselves this week. There is still plenty of capability in the squad but the standards for the past two years have not been good enough for large chunks of it. If they deliver another performance like Sunday again this year it's season over.

None of the boys that have been brought in this year have really nailed down their jersey. You could well be as well going back to more or less the All Ireland team with Darragh Canavan in for McKenna in the hope that the likes of Sludden and McGeary can find form. I did think McGeary had an impact coming on the other day and looked keen.

Any word on McShane? Could be doing with him as an option from the bench but time is running out.

GlenMan

Quote from: Tyrone11234 on June 19, 2023, 09:43:48 PM
Anyone else seeing nothing in Quinn? Think he's a liability defensively and he's not great going forward. Didn't see the sense in starting Clarke either, sort of like they were expecting an easy win.

I would actually say he's one of the very few positives from the last two years.

He's the only young/new player we've brought through that has actually nailed a starting place. Outside of that, our team is essentially unchanged over the last few years. That in itself is a serious failure!