Hurling Championship 2017

Started by seafoid, May 19, 2017, 10:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Avondhu star on September 10, 2017, 07:49:02 AM
Quote from: seafoid on September 06, 2017, 02:17:03 PM
Quote from: shark on September 05, 2017, 11:19:02 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on September 05, 2017, 10:08:40 PM
Galway hurlers didn't bother walking the cup over the Shannon or Suck.
ara sure why bother. it's only been 29 years

Clare crossed the Shannon with Liam 3 times in that period. I realise I'm being pedantic.
Getting to.more all Irelands than Clare and Offaly is massive
Yes. It's great getting to finals and winning one out of every seven
I calculated 4 out of 13 since 1979.
Still poor but it depends what happens in the next few years. They might pick up a few more.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnneycool

Quote from: seafoid on September 10, 2017, 09:26:30 AM
Limerick win another u21

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2017/0909/903434-limerick-v-
kilkenny/

Have Kilkenny gone soft?

Limerick outmuscled them all over the park with no "bite" at all from the black and amber. Strange times ahead.

macdanger2

McInerney not nominated for POTY??  :o

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 20, 2017, 09:31:22 PM
McInerney not nominated for POTY??  :o
Yeah, very surprising that he wasn't even nominated considering his performances throughout the year - I think he should have been in there with Canning & Jamie Barron. 

Two Hands FFS

Kingston steps down as Cork Manager...a bit of a surprise

manfromdelmonte

Pat Gilroy likely to be the new Dublin hurling boss

seafoid

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 23, 2017, 05:23:26 PM
They ran out of gas in August. In retrospect the win over Tipp was quite lucky. The Déise were clearly superior when it counted.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on September 26, 2017, 08:20:52 AM
Quote from: Two Hands FFS on September 23, 2017, 05:23:26 PM
They ran out of gas in August. In retrospect the win over Tipp was quite lucky. The Déise were clearly superior when it counted.

Did they not run out of gas when it really counted?

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Asal Mor

I think Kingston got out at the right time, whatever his reasons. Cork over achieved this year imo and it's hard to see them taking the next step to being serious ai contenders for a few years until the current minor and u-17 teams come of age.

johnneycool

Quote from: Asal Mor on September 27, 2017, 10:49:19 PM
I think Kingston got out at the right time, whatever his reasons. Cork over achieved this year imo and it's hard to see them taking the next step to being serious ai contenders for a few years until the current minor and u-17 teams come of age.

I think I read somewhere that he's an independent financial adviser/mortgage broker and his business was being severely impacted by the almost full time nature of managing Cork hurlers.

Good time to leave considering his stock is high and as you say Cork hurlers probably overachieved, ably assisted by the naivety of Clare in particular and getting Tipp at the right time of the year.

Donal O'g to fill the void especially now when Frank is about to vacate his post.

Milltown Row2

I'd like to see Cork kick on, was refreshing to see their hurling this year, maybe a couple of players blooded in over the league and they might have a bitta swagger about them again...

More teams playing at a higher level the better all round...

I wonder how Galway will come back after winning it this year? Hopefully chomping at the bit to retain the title and no real reason not to...

Tipp knocked off their cocky perch and Killkenny still wounded from not being out out on the first Sunday in September, they may feel they have something to prove..

As for Waterford, could be it takes you to lose one (we wont mention the Killkenny final) to win one with this bunch of players and of course Clare, I feel a real good manager could actually still win something with that team, as for the rest I'd love to see inroads by Wexford next year... Unfortunately the rest are way off the mark
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 28, 2017, 12:06:45 PM
I'd like to see Cork kick on, was refreshing to see their hurling this year, maybe a couple of players blooded in over the league and they might have a bitta swagger about them again...

More teams playing at a higher level the better all round...

I wonder how Galway will come back after winning it this year? Hopefully chomping at the bit to retain the title and no real reason not to...

Tipp knocked off their cocky perch and Killkenny still wounded from not being out out on the first Sunday in September, they may feel they have something to prove..

As for Waterford, could be it takes you to lose one (we wont mention the Killkenny final) to win one with this bunch of players and of course Clare, I feel a real good manager could actually still win something with that team, as for the rest I'd love to see inroads by Wexford next year... Unfortunately the rest are way off the mark

It was great to see all the red at the matches in Munster. Cork can draw a great crowd but they need more experience.
Tipp were a bit like Mayo this year. Timing. Galway should win another all Ireland.
If Kilkenny stay incoherent anything is possible.   It would be good if Galway, Clare and the Deise could share the next 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgoPvOQPdfQ

AZOffaly

theskull1

Lets not forget the effect Tipps wide count had on Galways brilliant year. It could have all been the same old same old if Seamie Callanan was on free scoring form that day. Now that the one in a row is out of the way (again) .... I reckon Tipp will be the form team next year
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on September 29, 2017, 10:21:20 AM
Lets not forget the effect Tipps wide count had on Galways brilliant year. It could have all been the same old same old if Seamie Callanan was on free scoring form that day. Now that the one in a row is out of the way (again) .... I reckon Tipp will be the form team next year

They must just hammered for the year!!!!!!