Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Casements form has dipped a bit with three losses on the trot to teams we might have expected to beat....Rossa at home and St Teresa's and Aldergrove away. No consistency with us, drawing with St Galls and St John's away, but that's no good if you can't back it up.

ned

Quote from: paddyjohn on July 11, 2017, 01:45:01 PM
Quote from: Hectic on July 10, 2017, 03:12:55 PM
Yeah pretty poor stuff from Glenravel this year - I thought having won the Junior last year and entering a very weak Div 3 this year that they would be promoted easily and possibly as Champions.  Instead they are clearly going backwards.

Was speaking to a Glenravel player at the Feis Final on Sunday night, couldn't believe it when he told me what had happened. He told me that they've lost 4 from the panel last year ad that injuries and holidays have left them thread bare over the last few weeks, when they needed a full panel.

Thanks for update. Seemed a strange falling away. Their reserves are holding their own in Division 2 mind.

Hectic

Quote from: ned on July 11, 2017, 02:48:30 PM
Yeah pretty poor stuff from Glenravel this year - I thought having won the Junior last year and entering a very weak Div 3 this year that they would be promoted easily and possibly as Champions.  Instead they are clearly going backwards.

Was speaking to a Glenravel player at the Feis Final on Sunday night, couldn't believe it when he told me what had happened. He told me that they've lost 4 from the panel last year ad that injuries and holidays have left them thread bare over the last few weeks, when they needed a full panel.

Thanks for update. Seemed a strange falling away. Their reserves are holding their own in Division 2 mind.

Maybe should switch panels then  :)

paddyjohn

Quote from: ned on July 11, 2017, 02:48:30 PM

Noticed that myself, strange!

bit of banter

I hear brian mcquillan from Aldergrove has been handed a 24 week ban from ccc for playing a game against ahoghill while under suspension. His own club secretary had told him they were appealing his red card he picked up from st teresas game and that he was free to play while under appeal. His secretary was wrong and held his hands up to be suspended himself but turns out the player takes the rap for it . Totally ridiculous decision from ccc to suspend a player with an impeccable record for the rest of season for a mistake by his club secretary. Anyone else find this hard to understand. Surely a bit of common sense can be used. Not too long ago we were crying about a county player of our own being handed a silly suspension.

ManInBlackandGreen

Totally agree B O B rumour has it the bumbling buffoon SF from CHC was all over it like a rash, anything to help his own club, CD and TR need to watch their backs....

JimStynes

Just type their names ffs

stiffler

Have aldergrove also been docked 2 points over this issue?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

bit of banter

Yes docked 2 points from what i hear, punishment enough but ending a players season over this is crazy. Who will want a club secretarys job next year. Remember they are all volunteers who will no doubt make mistakes but sure lets sicken them with crazy suspensions. I hear Aldergroves secretary pleaded for ccc to suspend him as he was the one at fault.

theskull1

If the rules and sanctions have previously been agreed, why blame those charged to follow the guidelines laid down? Your club should consider a motion at the AGM if you think new proposals would be carried. Not perfect but thats democracy folks. Thinking about it, I'm sure meaningless end of season games vs rival teams could get very messy if common sense rules were applied so there could well be good reason for the rules to be as they are.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

bit of banter

So a player advised by his club official that hes ok to play as hes appealing the first ever red card of his career deserves to get handed a 24 week suspension for playing 1 game he shouldnt have. Players look to their club officials to guide them with the rules of suspensions etc that most players really have no idea about. Any sane person would see that the player was following the instructions of his club and its the club and its official thats made the mistake and broken the rules. Punish them with a fine , dock them the points for the match and maybe suspension but come on 24 weeks, are we trying to put amature players, volunteer officials and hard working clubs out of the game. If HS is trying to say rules are always followed to tbe letter of the law then hes kidding no one. Plenty of rule bending when it suits members of ccc and clubs. By the way im no Aldergrove man but do know Brian and hes absolutly gutted as is his club secretary.

Milltown Row2

You said the player was not at fault has impeccable recorded (but received red card) and listened to his sec and played on? If I was sent off I'd wait till I got confirmation from the CCC before playing.. that's just me, I wouldn't rely on the club official tbh!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

They followed the rules and he deserves to be suspended. However, I'm sure that certain clubs/players would miraculously get off with this or have it fixed before any ban was handed out.

delgany

A player is suspended immediately after sending off.
A player is suspended until the disciplinary action has been sanctioned by CCC.
If a player will automatically miss the next game and credited for this when disciplinary action has been received .
Disciplinary action notice stipulates whether a player is entitled to play until the disciplinary action, has been completed
You have 3 days to request a hearing
It could be on these last two points that confusion has occurred

Milltown Row2

Quote from: delgany on July 12, 2017, 12:38:39 AM
A player is suspended immediately after sending off.
A player is suspended until the disciplinary action has been sanctioned by CCC.
If a player will automatically miss the next game and credited for this when disciplinary action has been received .
Disciplinary action notice stipulates whether a player is entitled to play until the disciplinary action, has been completed
You have 3 days to request a hearing
It could be on these last two points that confusion has occurred

Until the CCC give you their findings based on the refs report I'd (if I was sec) wait before I'd let certain player play in a game, especially just a league game as now, they ain't available for championship
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea