Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Kids off school this week?

Why ask a question if you already have information on the matter.

Caolan came on in the second half for Rostrevor.

befair

Ref blew up Rostrevor/Ballyholland game 30 secs before end of normal time. Probably would have been ~5 mins injury time, due to a few injuries and schemozzles. Not sure why he did it

sdg

Great win for Annaclone. Big win for the town away to the bridge

skat man

Quote from: supersub on April 28, 2015, 05:58:35 PM

If you had read back you would see i said i had heard a rumour that i wanted confirmed.  Would kids remember the skat man supersub? maybe you are a rostrevor man and just upset after last night ;)

supersub

Quote from: skat man on April 28, 2015, 09:28:41 PM
Quote from: supersub on April 28, 2015, 05:58:35 PM

If you had read back you would see i said i had heard a rumour that i wanted confirmed.  Would kids remember the skat man supersub? maybe you are a rostrevor man and just upset after last night ;)

I am aware of what you said - just think you should have said who you were talking about.

Anyway yep obviously annoyed about last nights result, but has no bearing on my post. I would concur with the post above re timing of second half. Was very very strange.

interested

No analysis this week  from some  of our more deep thinking posters such as Mourne Rover,Mid Down Gael,
Dubh Driocht, 5 Sams,etc ? as opposed to the drivel written since Sunday's defeat.

Leonardo

All 3 Clonduff County Players started but Darren OHagan came off with an injury. Seemed to be the same leg that was giving him trouble on Sunday. Leitrim controlled game for long periods but Clonduff finished strong with young Stephen McConville showing a lot of potential. Bad bad night for football

SHEEDY

anyone at the loughinisland/kingdom match?? big dan apparently going well, what chance of a county call up? marty clarke played last 15 mins. getting those 2 boys back and wanting to play would make some difference to the down team.

early days but burren seem to intent on laying down an marker. sean ward has them flying at the minute.
nil satis nisi optimum

Down Follower

Quote from: Leonardo on April 29, 2015, 05:44:56 PM
All 3 Clonduff County Players started but Darren OHagan came off with an injury. Seemed to be the same leg that was giving him trouble on Sunday. Leitrim controlled game for long periods but Clonduff finished strong with young Stephen McConville showing a lot of potential. Bad bad night for football

This is always the risk with playing 2 games in 2 days. However, if we only have 1 injury out of the schedule of games then thats not bad to be fair.  Some players seem to have been managed differently to others and I dont see anything wrong with that.

wobbller

All is well after Monday.  5 weeks work will sort us for  Derry.

Line Ball

Taken from Hoganstand

New York line-up to face Galway

Manager Ian Galvin has revealed his New York team to take on Galway in the opening round of the Connacht SFC at Gaelic Park on Sunday (8pm Irish time (3pm New York time)).

Just seven players survive from last year's 22-point defeat to Mayo with Gavin Joyce, Ronan McGinley, Gerard McCartan, Keith Quinn, Keith Scally, Ross Wherity and Gary O'Driscoll all retaining their places.

New York (SFC v Galway) - Gavin Joyce (Down); Ronan McGinley (Tyrone), Gerard McCartan (Down), Keith Quinn (Down); Brian Gibbons (Mayo), Keith Scally (Westmeath), Colm Maginn (Down); Andrew Hope (Dublin), Brian Connor (Offaly); Ross Wherity (Donegal), Niall McFeely (Derry), Darren Freeman (Monaghan); JJ Matthews (Longford), PJ Banville (Wexford), Gary O'Driscoll (Kerry).

Not doubt that if Gerard Mc Cartan and Keith Quinn were available to us they would be sure starters with Joyce a strong contender as well.  All the best on Sunday lads.

fairplay

And had my Granny got 2 she'd have been my Grandfather.

lucan

Colm Maginn played for Drumgath up to going to the US .He played in the intermediate championship final against the Bosco in 2013.

Shamrocks Gaelp

He also started midfield for Down U21's in 2013

Mourne Rover

As Interested has asked for some further thoughts on Sunday's game, it is probably fair to suggest that it was a defeat which may not really harm us in the long run. We did not play particularly well, but the loss in the run-up to the game of Dee Turley, who has been our best defender this season,and the freak injury in the warm-up suffered by Poland, last year's captain and our main playmaker, were two hammer blows, even before the ludicrous red card for McArdle.

We will be a much stronger side when they all return, and it will not do us any harm that Derry are now likely to start as favourites, but we have got to get the right players into key positions. It was a surprise that neither Garvey nor Mallon got a run from the bench at Croke Park, but if fit they must come into consideration.

If Marty Clarke is anywhere close to rejoining the squad, it would be a huge boost, and the way we struggled to cope with Roscommon's height means that another approach to Gordon would be justified, but we do have a fair amount of competition for places in most sectors already. We will definitely not travel to Celtic Park without hope.