DUP feature in prominent US evolution blog - creationism in Lisburn schools?

Started by J70, September 22, 2007, 12:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Apparently some DUP yahoo called Paul Given ("an up-and-coming young w**ker" according to PZ Myers, the Minnesota biologist who writes the blog!  :o ;D)  wants Lisburn schools to start teaching creationism, as he doesn't believe in evolution and he feels "science points to creation but our schools are teaching a very narrow remit and many exclude alternative theories to evolution. I have asked the Council to write to local schools encouraging them to give equality of treatment to other theories of the origins of life and how the earth came into existence."

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2007/09/does_the_dup_also_believe_in_l.php#comments

Some of the comments posted after the article are quite amusing!

deiseach

The Onion (as always) had it best when they asked the Man on the Street what he thought:

"I am against evolution being taught in schools. I am also against widespread literacy and the refrigeration of food"

:D

ziggysego

Quote from: deiseach on September 22, 2007, 12:44:25 AM
The Onion (as always) had it best when they asked the Man on the Street what he thought:

"I am against evolution being taught in schools. I am also against widespread literacy and the refrigeration of food"

:D

Classic!  :D
Testing Accessibility