I see Paddy Kielty has been found out...

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, September 21, 2007, 01:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

Dundrum's finest apparently made a few jokes at the expense of Madeline McCann at a show in Dublin which were received in stunned silence. Billy Connolly made a boo-boo like that a few years ago regarding Ken Bigley ... Paddy was never funny in my view and the old Paisley, Adams and Martin McGuinness jokes went out of fashion with square dicks! I went to see him in the Opera House in 'A Night in November' last month and it is apparent that he is struggling to find a niche for himself. Whether it's hob-nobbing with Royalty or hanging out on 'Celebrity Island' ... he really is old hat.... 

spiritof91and94

Apparently he went down a storm in London last week!
But to speak about Madeline McCann he is being a knob, its obvious he has no kids himself and has alot of growing up to do - he still thinks he is attending the Red High and can do what he wants!

full back

To be fair spirit I dont think it has anything to do with having kids or not
Kielty is one of these comedians who try to be risque in order to get publicity, regardless if he is a parent or not
In bad taste no doubt

full back

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Not getting into that arguement 5iveTimes, but that kind off humour at this stage (or ever), I would have expected from Jim Davison, Bernard Manning or Roy Chubby Brown, not Paddy Kielty. I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate anyone telling jokes about what happened his father (God rest his soul).
Tbc....

full back

Now I dont know what the jokes were, but the original post says the jokes were at the expense of Maddy Mc Cann, not the parents.
I have to take exception to that

his holiness nb

He told a joke in poor taste, shouldnt have done it.
But to say he has been "found out"  ::)

Care to elaborate on that??
Ask me holy bollix

Hurler on the Bitch

Apparently they were in the first instance aimed at the parents - however, they are at the expense of the missing child. There was one about sending the child home on easyjet?? Regardless, he's bang out of order!

Hurler on the Bitch

FOUND OUT?? - FOUND OUT IN THAT HE HAS VERY LIMITED TALENT!

Over the Bar

Alas, just like Rod Stewart's "blue nose" comment about Rangers fans, I expect the English Gutter press have sensationalised another NON-story.  

1.        Don't believe everything you read in the paper.   In all probability the jokes were met with muted laughter and not "stunned silence". Of all the "outraged" fans, only 2 actually commented in the paper and neither mentioned a "stunned silence", merely that they and some friends didnt find it funny.

2.         If you werent there to hear what was actually said, you are in no position to comment based on some rag.   The English press will go to any ends to justify their utterly repulsive coverage of this story.

Hurler on the Bitch

Over the Bar - there is a thin line between funny and tragic - Kielty crossed it .. I said about the Billy Connolly quip about Ken Bigley - he should have known better also! Fact is the 'Maddy' case is not funny - and when you think about it - either is PK..

Over the Bar

QuoteOver the Bar - there is a thin line between funny and tragic - Kielty crossed it

Name me any decent comedian who doesnt make light of tragic situations?

his holiness nb

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on September 21, 2007, 01:48:11 PM
FOUND OUT?? - FOUND OUT IN THAT HE HAS VERY LIMITED TALENT!

Cant argue with that but I believe he is brilliant in "one night in november".
Tony told me so  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Hurler on the Bitch

Over the Bar -that's not a question, that's a kop-out. I state again --- fine line between funny and tragic or funny and sick... We all can tell each other sick jokes - but to try one out in front of 1000 people is amateurish! To answer your question- Jimmy Cricket

SammyG

To be fair the issue of whether the jokes were in bad taste is largely irrelevant. If you go and see comedians live a huge % of their material is 'bad taste'. The problem with PK is that he stopped being funny about 10 years ago, once his supply of Paisley and Adams jokes ran out.