The meanest man in the world...

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, September 20, 2007, 10:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

Used to out drinking with this boy who, no matter how many were in the round, would always ended up buying the last round of the round, by which time, he always had been drinking slowly enough to ensure he still had a full pint.  Therefore all his rounds consisted of one drink less than ours - he never bought himself a pint.  If there were six of us, he bought the sixth round which would consist of five pints. It was funny watching him try to make a pint last when it was only the two of us.

Saved a fortune over the years.

He was an accountant and did goals for some club team in Derry.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

deiseach

Quote from: Gnevin on September 21, 2007, 11:52:41 AM
Rich Dubs no doubt ,In my experience people with money are the meanest of all

Well they didn't get it by spending it!

maddog

Quote from: deiseach on September 21, 2007, 12:17:01 PM

You are right there. A friend of the mother in law won the lottery (about 3 mill), now these poor unfortunates were already a huge farming family in north yorkshire, worth a packet. When she won the money she invited a half a dozen or so friends around from the tennis club. She produced one bottle of bucks fizz.
I shit you not............

deiseach

Quote from: maddog on September 21, 2007, 12:21:27 PMYou are right there. A friend of the mother in law ............

Stop right there. No amount of explaining needed to convince me she's mean :D

maddog

Quote from: deiseach on September 21, 2007, 12:41:02 PM
Quote from: maddog on September 21, 2007, 12:21:27 PMYou are right there. A friend of the mother in law ............

Stop right there. No amount of explaining needed to convince me she's mean :D

Cant complain on that score anymore Deiseach, we get on grand these days. 8)

Hurler on the Bitch

A guy I went to uni with was so mean that he used to steal women's undies off lines and - get this - wear them instead of buying his own.

Abble

i know a lad who when he goes out with his girlfriend and a few mates - the mates will order a main course and this lad will splash out bigtime and get a starter between him and the girlfriend ! thats it

would you know anything about this goats ?! lol.....you miserable tr**p

Candyman

there are a few punters about who are well known for their expert planning....
They will wait until someone has bought mixers in the round before them and then jump up for the next round knowing they'll not have to buy any!!!!
so funny to watch beacuse they do it all the time.... :D

stiffler

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on September 20, 2007, 07:39:01 PM
Who's the lad stiffler??

A lad i lived with for a while in Australia. He also used to go to a hairdressers that charged a dollar a minute and asked for a skinhead and make it snappy!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Puckoon

Quote from: deiseach on September 21, 2007, 12:17:01 PM

Ive a couple of dublin cousins - never been that close, weird bunch. Anyways, their mother held the purse strings and NEVER gave the boys a punt that wasnt recorded in a book, and that wasnt ever paid back. Its rubbed off on them. Just a couple of months ago, one of them comes to my terminally ill uncle (their father) and says; "I know Ill be getting money when you die - Id like to have my share now if you dont mind" ???

Needless to say, they've been excomminicated from our side of the family.

deiseach

Quote from: Puckoon on September 21, 2007, 03:46:10 PM
"I know Ill be getting money when you die - Id like to have my share now if you dont mind" ???

I hope he told them they'd be getting feck all

Tony Baloney

There is a fella up our way has a couple of methods of skipping rounds. Going to the bog just before another round is required in one or else drinking like f**k to finish his pint when everyone else has at least a half left so he says "no-one for another? sure I'll go up and get myself one!"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Abble on September 21, 2007, 01:11:45 PM
i know a lad who when he goes out with his girlfriend and a few mates - the mates will order a main course and this lad will splash out bigtime and get a starter between him and the girlfriend ! thats it

would you know anything about this goats ?! lol.....you miserable tr**p
How do men like that get girlfriends?   ???
She must be as bad.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gnevin

Quote from: saffron sam2 on September 21, 2007, 12:08:18 PM
Used to out drinking with this boy who, no matter how many were in the round, would always ended up buying the last round of the round, by which time, he always had been drinking slowly enough to ensure he still had a full pint.  Therefore all his rounds consisted of one drink less than ours - he never bought himself a pint.  If there were six of us, he bought the sixth round which would consist of five pints. It was funny watching him try to make a pint last when it was only the two of us.

Saved a fortune over the years.

He was an accountant and did goals for some club team in Derry.
It's hardly being mean if you don't buy your self a drink
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on September 21, 2007, 01:08:40 PM
A guy I went to uni with was so mean that he used to steal women's undies off lines and - get this - wear them instead of buying his own.
Wow yet a other great "Story" by hurler, i'll file that away with the rats and the guy with fleas  ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.