The meanest man in the world...

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, September 20, 2007, 10:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurler on the Bitch

Fella used to come into the 'Speakeasy' at the students' union at Queens during the Harp promotion on Monday and Tuesday afternoons (75p way back in the early 90s). He used to have a few jars and then as the shutters were coming down at 2.00pm he would buy eight pints and put them on the table. Lo and behold, doesn't he produce some cellophane; puts it over the top of the pints and then puts a rubber band around the top of the glass to 'keep it fresh' .. So there he sat all afternoon and into the evening taking the tops of the now warm pints ... not bad 7.50 to get pished .... but, surely a candidate for the meanest basterd in the world...

Gnevin

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on September 20, 2007, 10:00:59 AM
Fella used to come into the 'Speakeasy' at the students' union at Queens during the Harp promotion on Monday and Tuesday afternoons (75p way back in the early 90s). He used to have a few jars and then as the shutters were coming down at 2.00pm he would buy eight pints and put them on the table. Lo and behold, doesn't he produce some cellophane; puts it over the top of the pints and then puts a rubber band around the top of the glass to 'keep it fresh' .. So there he sat all afternoon and into the evening taking the tops of the now warm pints ... not bad 7.50 to get pished .... but, surely a candidate for the meanest basterd in the world...
Hurler you talk some ammount of shite
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

kinghen

i think its shockin they way girls are allowed to get away with takin half bottle of vodka/whiskey/gin (anythin they canget their paws on) into clubs and pubs in their handbags!!! thats stingy as fook too!

disgrace

unless they want to share  ::)

el_cuervo_fc

A fella I used to Live with at Queens asked all the lads in the house for 32p each for hoover bags that he got free out of his da's shop.  The hoover didn't last too long  :D

Hurler on the Bitch

Quote from: Gnevin on September 20, 2007, 10:06:39 AM
GNEVIN - are you any good at anagrams? Work this one out. og nad kcuf rouyfles !

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Thers'a a 24 hour bar in Prague where you can get pints for 40p each. However, it is surreal to be sitting there at 5am drinking just cos it's cheap. And the jukebox was full of c**k rock music like Europe and Whitesnake.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

inthemaking

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on September 20, 2007, 10:22:27 AM
Thers'a a 24 hour bar in Prague where you can get pints for 40p each. However, it is surreal to be sitting there at 5am drinking just cos it's cheap. And the jukebox was full of c**k rock music like Europe and Whitesnake.

wat do ya call it cuz plannin a trip very shortly when the student loan comes in

Hurler on the Bitch

I think I was in a hotel beside that doss house ... It was near the bus station and all these metalers were lying on the street at 8.00 in the morning... but the beer was dirt cheap in Prague ...

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

It's not in the centre - it's north of the river a few (maybe 5) stops out on that metro line - get the line north-eastwards from near the Jewish Quarter. It's tiny too, right wee Batcave.

Anyhow, the guy in there knows (now) how to make hot whiskeys - he didn't before a few of us made it our 2nd home.

Gnevin

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on September 20, 2007, 10:15:24 AM
Quote from: Gnevin on September 20, 2007, 10:06:39 AM
GNEVIN - are you any good at anagrams? Work this one out. og nad kcuf rouyfles !
Let me guess jesus told you that one down your local  ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Balboa

There were a few "corner boys" that used to hang about, one used to charge the other lads 10p to play "Snake" on his Nokia mobile phone.........

5 Sams

Hot whiskies and tight bastards....reminds me of an oul fella who owned this bar I used to work in.

You know how you stick the cloves into the slice of lemon for a hot whiskey...well when the empty glasses came back he stood and picked the cloves back out of the lemon and put them back in the jar....
The Aristocrat Years

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Sounds like every gombeen man that ever ran a pub.

From the Bunker

Knew a girl in college who would get 10 cups of tea out of one tea bag!

Hank Everlast

A fella i lived with at uni used to make a cupa soup sachet last a few cups!! same lad used to crack up if no one in the house bought a paper.... even tho he never bought one the whole time i lived with him!!!