Trump's Disasters

Started by Orior, February 19, 2017, 04:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ONeill on February 20, 2017, 12:45:36 AM
60-odd million voted for Trump. They should get 8 years out of him for punishment.
What about the 60-odd million that didn't vote for Trump should they be punished also?

Puckoon

I understand. I know and respect many of them, even if I disagree with their politics and rationale for doing so. To label them as vile, evil, fascist, and cnuts is idiotic.

I'll not argue that many are still somewhat racist. America isn't alone in that particular prejudice.

ONeill

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 20, 2017, 12:55:56 AM
60-odd million voted for Trump. They should get 8 years out of him for punishment.
What about the 60-odd million that didn't vote for Trump should they be punished also?

They already are. That's warped democracy. Hopefully it won't take 8 years for his supporters to wake up but if it's 5/6/7 so be it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

heganboy

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 20, 2017, 12:55:56 AM

I think about 250 million didn't vote for him
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

Quote from: Puckoon on February 20, 2017, 12:59:11 AM
I understand. I know and respect many of them, even if I disagree with their politics and rationale for doing so. To label them as vile, evil, fascist, and cnuts is idiotic.

I'll not argue that many are still somewhat racist. America isn't alone in that particular prejudice.
The Evangelicals are special. There isn't a group like them anywhere else. Nobody in Europe believes the dinosaurs were walking around 6000 years ago. Not even in Albania.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

stew

Quote from: Rossfan on February 19, 2017, 07:13:23 PM
Biggest disaster was the vile evil racist fascist cnut getting chosen as President.

Deal with it kid, I have to, so should you )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

WHY did they vote for him, after all Clinton was running on four more years of Obama, at some point the liberals need to own their complete and utter stupidity at losing this election, to this point they throw stones at Trump, he is loving it, as long as they do that they are unable to focus on actually fighting him, the best part though, is that he is in essence, one of them. )

I hate liberal America with a passion, I despise the far right, I would love for a leader to emerge in the center that could unite the people.

seafoid

Wildweasel74

Now seafoid thats not true; you just have to go to northern ireland to find people think dinosaurs roamed about 6000yrs ago

seafoid

https://www.ft.com/content/ead72e56-f6a7-11e6-bd4e-68d53499ed71

Could Donald Trump be tripped up by a constitutional codicil?

Members of the president's own party think the unthinkable, writes Philip Stephens

yesterday
                        by: Philip Stephens

Type "the 25th amendment" into a search engine and the results throw up a lot of stories about Donald Trump. This hitherto fairly obscure codicil to the work of America's founding fathers was among the hot topics of conversation among leading Republicans at the Munich Security Conference. Perhaps, the chatter had it, it provides the route to unseat the president. Such is the surreal nature of the conversation within the Washington political establishment about Mr Trump's steadily more surreal presidency.First the amendment. Passed 50 years ago and intended to address ambiguities in the body of the constitution, the amending clause offers an alternative to impeachment as a way to change the commander-in-chief. Specifically it says: "Whenever the vice-president and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the president pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the president is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the vice-president shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as acting president."

Put simply, the vice-president and the cabinet could mount a coup against a sitting president seen as unfit to carry out his or her duties. The intent of the amendment was to deal with a situation when the president was incapacitated by, say, ill health. But the wording looks sufficiently open to allow a broad interpretation of such incapacity. That anyway is what was being said by members of Mr Trump's own party in the bars of Munich.There is a catch — or rather a safety net. The removed president could appeal to the Congress. And for the sacking to stand, the vice-president and cabinet would need to marshall a two-thirds majority in both the House of Representatives and the Senate. That is a pretty high bar — and one that nobody seems ready to risk any time soon. Nor does Mike Pence, who offered a self-consciously loyal speech at the conference, carry the air of a vice-president with a dagger concealed in his sleeve.But if the thought of deposing Mr Trump only weeks into his term of office seems excitable, the simple fact of the many conversations in Munich about the 25th amendment was a measure of the mounting alarm within his own party about the president's fitness for office.

Beyond Mr Trump's alternative facts, downright falsehoods and increasingly hysterical attacks on the media, and the separate concerns about contacts with Vladimir Putin's Russian regime, stories abound about his chaotic and eccentric working habits.Oval Office meetings are conducted with the television still blaring and the president frequently distracted, Mr Trump's attention span rarely extends beyond a few minutes, and briefing papers are restricted to a few bullet points (preferably illustrated).The president is also said to be in direct conflict with James Mattis, the defence secretary, and Rex Tillerson, the secretary of state, about appointments to their departments. Stephen Bannon, the extreme nationalist who serves as Mr Trump's head of strategy, is accused of building an alternative network of loyalists to undermine decisions taken by the cabinet.So is it plausible to think of a cabinet coup. No one that I spoke to in Munich was making any firm predictions. But few were prepared to say with confidence that Mr Trump will serve a full four-year term.

Rossfan

Quote from: stew on February 20, 2017, 09:24:20 AM
Biggest disaster was the vile evil racist fascist cnut getting chosen as President.

I have no control over what sort of yoke Yanks choose as President.  I don't "have to deal with it".
Trump is still a vile evil racist fascist cnut though.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

J70

Quote from: stew on February 20, 2017, 09:35:51 AM
WHY did they vote for him, after all Clinton was running on four more years of Obama, at some point the liberals need to own their complete and utter stupidity at losing this election, to this point they throw stones at Trump, he is loving it, as long as they do that they are unable to focus on actually fighting him, the best part though, is that he is in essence, one of them. )

I hate liberal America with a passion, I despise the far right, I would love for a leader to emerge in the center that could unite the people.

You seem to think that if you keep repeating this that that will make it true.

What exactly do you hate about liberal America?

stew

Quote from: J70 on February 20, 2017, 01:52:14 PM
Quote from: stew on February 20, 2017, 09:35:51 AM

You seem to think that if you keep repeating this that that will make it true.

What exactly do you hate about liberal America?

It is true, he said he was a democrat on tv, words from the mans own mouth, you keep refusing to accept it does not make it any less true.

Hmm, what do I hate about liberal America, where to start, I hate the ten trillion that clown Obama added to the national debt, more than the rest of the Presidents combined, I hate that they rigged the democratic process to stop Saunders getting a fair shake at the convention and the fact he was cheated out of getting to run against Trump, a man he would have destroyed!

I hate Obamacare because it has been a disaster, people are getting fined for not having insurance when they cannot afford the insurance, I hate the way they have traditionally over promised and under delivered to the working class and middle class people, you know, the lifeblood of the country.

Sanctuary cities, they are a disgrace and need to be made stop this practice!

Illegal Aliens, they want the poor from anywhere in for no other reason than votes!

Their stance on Abortion.

Their corruption, their unions and their hatred of the police/military, not to mention the way they fawn over dead gangsters and invite them to the White house whilst practically ignoring the families of dead cops who died trying to arrest said Gangsters.

Their lack of respect for the law, their lack of accountability, their scandals, their disdain for the military, the list is endless, hope that answers your question.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on February 20, 2017, 11:37:45 AM
Quote from: stew on February 20, 2017, 09:24:20 AM

I have no control over what sort of yoke Yanks choose as President.  I don't "have to deal with it".
Trump is still a vile evil racist fascist cnut though.

In fairness he's just your average egotistical showbiz figure.

The error was by the American electorate giving him power. Let them live with their choice. Doesn't look as though the left has or will learn their lessons.

Bord na Mona man

Right now Trump is like the corner back at the throw in, jabbing his marker in the ribs and throwing down an early marker.
He'll settle down soon enough and get on with doing nothing of any substance.